tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
No. eventually they will gum up. Injectors should be replaced every 70k on these, even if not using ethanol.
You do not need to replace injectors at 70k unless you are having issues. There are hundreds of thousands if not over a million of these 1.5's in CRV's and Accords and Civics and there are a large amount over 100-150k miles with zero issues. You just don't see the injector issues unless they use ethanol or are modified.
Sponsored

chmst

First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic EX-L 6mt Si swapped from CVT
Country flag
I've been running this turbo on a CVT. Tuned with drob on 93 + all the typical bolt ons and loving every minute of it (3" catless DP, 3" front pipe, PRL turbo inlet, cobra CAI, race MAF, forge BPV, mishimoto FMIC etc)

I drive the car regularly, and have had zero issues in terms of reliability throughout the whole installation and tuning process. It's been installed for about 5-6 months now

Wish I could get Dyno numbers with a flexfuel tune. It feels absolutely insane in comparison to stock. Can't put it into words.

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I've been running this turbo on a CVT. Tuned with drob on 93 + all the typical bolt ons and loving every minute of it (3" catless DP, 3" front pipe, PRL turbo inlet, cobra CAI, race MAF, forge BPV, mishimoto FMIC etc)

I drive the car regularly, and have had zero issues in terms of reliability throughout the whole installation and tuning process. It's been installed for about 5-6 months now

Wish I could get Dyno numbers with a flexfuel tune. It feels absolutely insane in comparison to stock. Can't put it into words.
What BPV is that ? Forged is the brand ?

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

chmst

First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What BPV is that ? Forged is the brand ?
Yea! This was the first time I've seen/heard of this.

I 10000000% recommend this over the boomba if anyone is ever looking to replace the stock (wish I never would have taken mine off and lost it lol)

It comes with different valve springs as well

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Yea! This was the first time I've seen/heard of this.

I 10000000% recommend this over the boomba if anyone is ever looking to replace the stock (wish I never would have taken mine off and lost it lol)

It comes with different valve springs as well
yeah I know they said stay away from BOv’s. I’ll check that out. I was gonna end up selling my car since I just paid it off. But I don’t wanna pull the gun. I’m gonna finish this build.

chmst

First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
yeah I know they said stay away from BOv’s. I’ll check that out. I was gonna end up selling my car since I just paid it off. But I don’t wanna pull the gun. I’m gonna finish this build.
just to clarify It's not a BOV
It's a recirculating/BPV just like the factory :)

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
just to clarify It's not a BOV
It's a recirculating/BPV just like the factory :)
yeah I know, trying to build a little list here. I have to read this entire forum here to see which drop in I’m gonna go with. Or if I should just get the PRL big turbo kit.

awsomsauce

First Name
Theodore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Gen si and 2 6 gen sedans
Country flag
Good advice. I’m still confused though as to why we cannot just clean. But given @Jason Baker and his failed injector I am not gonna clean. Just replace. Super safe approach.
Due to the pressure level the injectors function at not many companies currently have the equipment to recreate the pressure needed.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' si coupe
Country flag
Hey 10th gen fam! Figured I'd keep this thread going by saying rev6 is a solid company. My r365 started burning some oil and they offered a replacement with no questions asked. Also, they are coming out with a ball bearing version of the turbo which is the one I decided on and the new power band looks gnarly, spool is much quicker. Love the r365 and will be posting updates on how the new r365 RED BB spools up and all that

Rochyfc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
Hey 10th gen fam! Figured I'd keep this thread going by saying rev6 is a solid company. My r365 started burning some oil and they offered a replacement with no questions asked. Also, they are coming out with a ball bearing version of the turbo which is the one I decided on and the new power band looks gnarly, spool is much quicker. Love the r365 and will be posting updates on how the new r365 RED BB spools up and all that
Where on turbo did you see oil coming from? I replaced the feed line thinking it was the problem, but that didn't fix it. I also get blue smoke sometimes.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' si coupe
Country flag
The hot side turbo, there was oil dripping out of the bottom a little bit and it burns oil occasianlly. Just on decel and low rpm, and idle sometimes. Not a bunch either just burns oil for a quick second then stops, but pretty good sized cloud. Only burned .5qts in about 5k

mats_fc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
The hot side turbo, there was oil dripping out of the bottom a little bit and it burns oil occasianlly. Just on decel and low rpm, and idle sometimes. Not a bunch either just burns oil for a quick second then stops, but pretty good sized cloud. Only burned .5qts in about 5k
Had the same exact failure on 3 of the drop ins now. Two of them were regular R365's and the 3rd was the BB which we weren't allowed to talk about but I see we already let the cat out of the bag lol. Sending my 3rd turbo (the new ball bearing) back so RV6 and the manufacturer can inspect and diagnose the failure in the new CHRA. I will say however, in the 2-3 days that the BB turbo was running fine, it was an amazing turbo. Quick spool and lots more power over the journal bearing. Hoping this all gets resolved in the near future.
Sponsored