Official RV6 R365 turbo thread

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' si coupe
Country flag
Had the same exact failure on 3 of the drop ins now. Two of them were regular R365's and the 3rd was the BB which we weren't allowed to talk about but I see we already let the cat out of the bag lol. Sending my 3rd turbo (the new ball bearing) back so RV6 and the manufacturer can inspect and diagnose the failure in the new CHRA. I will say however, in the 2-3 days that the BB turbo was running fine, it was an amazing turbo. Quick spool and lots more power over the journal bearing. Hoping this all gets resolved in the near future.
They didn't mention anything to me about keeping it on the down low lmfao but they said the turbos all got sent back to the manufacturer to get rebalanced. Is the chra their machine for that? I'm excited, will be putting it on in the next week or so, also hoping they have it figured out I don't wanna have to re-do the install lol. Sorry you had to deal with that, not the most simple install. Did you run the same tune when you switched to the BB or is it custom?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey 10th gen fam! Figured I'd keep this thread going by saying rev6 is a solid company. My r365 started burning some oil and they offered a replacement with no questions asked. Also, they are coming out with a ball bearing version of the turbo which is the one I decided on and the new power band looks gnarly, spool is much quicker. Love the r365 and will be posting updates on how the new r365 RED BB spools up and all that
Had the same exact failure on 3 of the drop ins now. Two of them were regular R365's and the 3rd was the BB which we weren't allowed to talk about but I see we already let the cat out of the bag lol. Sending my 3rd turbo (the new ball bearing) back so RV6 and the manufacturer can inspect and diagnose the failure in the new CHRA. I will say however, in the 2-3 days that the BB turbo was running fine, it was an amazing turbo. Quick spool and lots more power over the journal bearing. Hoping this all gets resolved in the near future.
I know Rich would like the BB stuff to kept on the lowdown until he actually makes an announcement. To be courteous to him and his developing would you be so kind to delete this comment?

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Fortunately after thousands of miles my beta turbo has zero issues.

mats_fc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
They didn't mention anything to me about keeping it on the down low lmfao but they said the turbos all got sent back to the manufacturer to get rebalanced. Is the chra their machine for that? I'm excited, will be putting it on in the next week or so, also hoping they have it figured out I don't wanna have to re-do the install lol. Sorry you had to deal with that, not the most simple install. Did you run the same tune when you switched to the BB or is it custom?
Same tune for all the turbo's. Bought the TSP R365 tune just to get the car running while I bought an etune at a later date. Then kept blowing turbos so I never got fully tuned. Me, Rich, and Derek have all emailed back and forth questioning the tune but Derek swears the tune is completely safe and wouldn't cause any failures. I believe him now after seeing a few people blow their turbo's even on custom tunes.

Crough

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Fortunately after thousands of miles my beta turbo has zero issues.
This is what I want to hear after just installing my R365BB, and I will choose to ignore all evidence to the contrary.

You do anything special to break it in? I didn't go into boost for the first 130 or so miles, made sure to properly prime the turbo before turning it on the first time, and made sure to run 5w30.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' si coupe
Country flag
Same tune for all the turbo's. Bought the TSP R365 tune just to get the car running while I bought an etune at a later date. Then kept blowing turbos so I never got fully tuned. Me, Rich, and Derek have all emailed back and forth questioning the tune but Derek swears the tune is completely safe and wouldn't cause any failures. I believe him now after seeing a few people blow their turbo's even on custom tunes.
Im running the same tune, was just curious if it would run fine with the BB turbo since the powerband is different. Runs great with the current turbo. Definitely looks like a recent batch wasn't assembled properly, but they all got sent back and double checked so I'm sure they got it figured out.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' si coupe
Country flag
This is what I want to hear after just installing my R365BB, and I will choose to ignore all evidence to the contrary.

You do anything special to break it in? I didn't go into boost for the first 130 or so miles, made sure to properly prime the turbo before turning it on the first time, and made sure to run 5w30.
How do you like it so far? You don't need to break it in but not a bad idea to go easy the first 100mi or so, I did the same. Also primed turbo and swapped to 5w30 when I installed the turbo. Their turbos all got rebalanced, and I've only talked to a couple people that have had the same issue. You'll most likely be good

Crough

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How do you like it so far? You don't need to break it in but not a bad idea to go easy the first 100mi or so, I did the same. Also primed turbo and swapped to 5w30 when I installed the turbo. Their turbos all got rebalanced, and I've only talked to a couple people that have had the same issue. You'll most likely be good
I'm loving it so far! It's so much quieter than the R365 I had before that wasn't BB!

It also has a different and distinct sound at WOT that I love.

Still being tuned by DRob so the only WOT pulls I do are the ones I need to do to give him readings, but I can't wait to fully open it up once she's tuned to perfection.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

I took it easy for a little while, until I started e-tuning then it required a bit of throttle. Mobil 1 5-30 oil change every 4k. It's been 13k and a track weekend with no issues.

mats_fc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Im running the same tune, was just curious if it would run fine with the BB turbo since the powerband is different. Runs great with the current turbo. Definitely looks like a recent batch wasn't assembled properly, but they all got sent back and double checked so I'm sure they got it figured out.
The tune does work fine with the BB. I confirmed with D Rob before doing so and he said it would work just as good.

anybody feel free to message me about this topic so I dont spam the threads
instagram: mathew.fc1

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
I would like see the difference of the bb and regular bearing turbo. I wonder if rv6 is going to offer a switch over like 27won

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' si coupe
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Official RV6 R365 turbo thread Screenshot_20220615-082141_Gmail
I would like see the difference of the bb and regular bearing turbo. I wonder if rv6 is going to offer a switch over like 27won
More power in the top end and way more spool and power down low. BB turbos also have a longer life. The compressor wheel has a different design to help spool faster as well

LBP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Screenshot_20220615-082141_Gmail.jpg

More power in the top end and way more spool and power down low. BB turbos also have a longer life. The compressor wheel has a different design to help spool faster as well
Nice. Hope there's a trade-in program. My journal R365 has been sitting in its box for months since I caught wind of the BB version before I could install it.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I believe they are working the details out of a trade or upgrade program.

Crough

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I will say that I ended up trading my R365 up to the BB variant, but that was something we worked out between us because I was having issues with the R365.

I don't wanna mention the price because they may move it still before making it official, but my trade-up price was entirely reasonable.
Sponsored