Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
People started saying Mexico when cops started pulling YouTube videos and charging them with illegal street racing. So they started stating; recorded in Mexico, stunt driver on closed roads, etc. but something some people don’t know. If you have a YouTube channel and make money (monetized channel) police can’t use the video without the consent of the channel owner (the youtuber). Reason being it’s now being sold as a product by YouTube. (Commercials are added to videos for revenue). So they have to get consent for use of the video.
Makes sense, thanks for the explanation.
Sponsored

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Has any one have a issue of getting access to pay. I can’t seem to log in or sign up the option don’t appear on my phone ? Possibly need to do it on the computer?

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has any one have a issue of getting access to pay. I can’t seem to log in or sign up the option don’t appear on my phone ? Possibly need to do it on the computer?
DM me your email and I will send you a login.

Honda Civic 10th gen Official RV6 R365 turbo thread 0B558F29-2B52-4AC2-8F64-2E3EF3D1E019

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Okay guys we have about half the turbos sold. We will probably wait till Monday before making these available publicly. We got all the components in yesterday and will start to ship in about 2 weeks.

Hasdrubal

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si sedan, 2015 Fit, 2009 Ridgeline
Country flag
This all looks fantastic, but I have a question, which may not have an answer as obviously everyone is still in the data collecting stage.

Weak factory clutch aside, are there any parts which if not replaced, would be a serious bottleneck with this turbo? Like, I've seen posts showing the factory exhaust isn't very restrictive, and I've seen dyno tests showing not much hp gain with a downpipe- but how much is this going to change on a larger turbo? With the right tune, is 92 octane enough to be worth it? I haven't seen an E85 place anywhere local.

Obviously replacing everything from intake to tailpipe and running E85 will unlock more power. But if I can't find steady E85, or if I don't want to deal with the increased noise of a full turbo back aftermarket exhaust, I'd like to know if this is still a good option.

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This all looks fantastic, but I have a question, which may not have an answer as obviously everyone is still in the data collecting stage.

Weak factory clutch aside, are there any parts which if not replaced, would be a serious bottleneck with this turbo? Like, I've seen posts showing the factory exhaust isn't very restrictive, and I've seen dyno tests showing not much hp gain with a downpipe- but how much is this going to change on a larger turbo? With the right tune, is 92 octane enough to be worth it? I haven't seen an E85 place anywhere local.

Obviously replacing everything from intake to tailpipe and running E85 will unlock more power. But if I can't find steady E85, or if I don't want to deal with the increased noise of a full turbo back aftermarket exhaust, I'd like to know if this is still a good option.
I am running this turbo on a LX Hatch with stock everything except downpipe and front pipe. It is a blast to drive. I hear a intercooler is a must from the increased heat.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag

Your best bang for the buck would be a upgraded TIP and quality intake to pair to this turbo.

If you wanted to go further, upgraded intercooler.
Little more after that, upgraded charge pipes too.

A dp upgrade will give you a noticeable gain as well, for thoes with emissions stay catted. A 90° defouler is still recommended with the catted DP.

Honestly you may end up hating yourself if you go uncatted. It's very raspy. Ik

Hasdrubal

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si sedan, 2015 Fit, 2009 Ridgeline
Country flag
I put a catless RV6 downpipe on my Fit, I know exactly the rasp you're talking about. It runs great, but was unbearable with the factory exhaust. For the week it took me to get a new muffler, anyway.

awsomsauce

First Name
Theodore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Gen si and 2 6 gen sedans
Country flag

Most expensive is going to be the transmission gear 3/4 but that can go out with a stock turbo as well. The more hp you make the higher the risk. Next is the head gasket. The factory head bolts can’t hold high boost well and you get leakage between the cylinders. I’ll post a pic of the arp head studs people use to replace the bolts. Last as long as you have a tuner that knows what their doing you won’t have issues with it on pump gas.
Honda Civic 10th gen Official RV6 R365 turbo thread 69B07F67-B19B-4205-8FD5-A67EA5D8602A

To clarify; these issues are not specifically related to this turbo. These are issues you will run into with a big turbo in general. Many prl big turbo cars have blown their gears/head gasket too.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I received my final etune file from @phearable last week. After driving with it for a few days this tune is really dialed in nice. Compared to the other etune that I have with the RV6 turbo this tune feels more powerful across entire rpm range. John has the turbo spool up smoother at 3500-4000 rpms compared to the other time which comes on all at once at 3800. The driveability is much smoother just like his 1.5 tune for stock turbo, rev hang is dialed in perfectly. I recommend any of you guys getting the RV6 turbo to let John work his magic, you won't regret.

Honda Civic 10th gen Official RV6 R365 turbo thread Screenshot_20210430-095613_Instagram

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Took a short road trip today and managed to still pull 39 mpg with the @phearable tune and @RV6 turbo. Obviously was driving very conservatively but still decent nonetheless. Mostly back roads, got lucky and made it through most of the stop lights which helped.

Honda Civic 10th gen Official RV6 R365 turbo thread 20210501_210934

20PWPFC1

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Took a short road trip today and managed to still pull 39 mpg with the @phearable tune and @RV6 turbo. Obviously was driving very conservatively but still decent nonetheless. Mostly back roads, got lucky and made it through most of the stop lights which helped.

20210501_210934.jpg
Are you running flex or straight 93? What final revision of the turbo are you? How did John tune you? What are your current modifications?

awsomsauce

First Name
Theodore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Gen si and 2 6 gen sedans
Country flag
Here’s a quick pull I did tonight recorded on the Hondata app on my phone. I’m getting full boost according to the app. The dash was saying something like 28 but still better than 25. I’m going to go into the tune and pull some timing in the ethanol ignition table to reduce knock retard.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Here’s a quick pull I did tonight recorded on the Hondata app on my phone. I’m getting full boost according to the app. The dash was saying something like 28 but still better than 25. I’m going to go into the tune and pull some timing in the ethanol ignition table to reduce knock retard.
That's alot of ethanol