awsomsauce

First Name
Theodore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Gen si and 2 6 gen sedans
Country flag
There’s something that confused me though. They said it was on motec. Now I thought that car was on Hondata last that I saw it in the Hondata video. So when did it go onto motec?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
There’s something that confused me though. They said it was on motec. Now I thought that car was on Hondata last that I saw it in the Hondata video. So when did it go onto motec?
They go over it on their blog, I know they bought the system probably last summer not sure when they installed. They also got custom cams for it.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Imw etune guys - about how many revisions did it take until final tune?

awsomsauce

First Name
Theodore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Found the hpfp issue! On Hondata there’sa mod tab that allows you to select quick setups for various things. One is to increase fuel pressure to reduce duty cycle of injectors. That was turned on and was causing the pump to Max out. Now I have to dial back in to the original pump pressure.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Boomdata strikes again! Lol

Glad the issue was found!

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Well I am only on revision #7 with Derek and I gotta say this turbo is feeling very nice. The power comes in around 3800-4000 and it comes on hard. The stock turbo def spooled earlier but I find I didn't really get on it until 3500-4000 most of the time anyways, so Im am not missing the lower rpm boost much. The power pulls hard to redline, I am excited to finish the tuning process to see how it feels. I can only imagine what ethanol would do, but to be honest this feels to be enough power for this car and the way I drive it. Love hearing the turbo whistle when the boost first starts to build.

awsomsauce

First Name
Theodore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So as of lately I’ve been spending more time on my tune and logging like mad. Something I discovered is that it takes about 2.5 seconds for the turbo to reach the boost being commanded by the computer. (Boost lag) An issue is we spend about 3 seconds in 1 & 2 gear. Not enough time to achieve the boost goal. 3rd and up we have nearly 5 to 6 seconds per gear so hitting the max boost target is easier. So to increase the boost response you may want to command the boost goal at lower rpm to get it in the area you want it to hit.

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@RV6 rich,

Will there be any changes to the production unit?
Nope, there was the hiccup with the wastegate flapper but all those parts were swapped out. We are go for launch. Unfortunately the launch has been pushed back till the end of the month. The manufacture is short staffed due to covid.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Nope, there was the hiccup with the wastegate flapper but all those parts were swapped out. We are go for launch. Unfortunately the launch has been pushed back till the end of the month. The manufacture is short staffed due to covid.
Good to hear. Congrats on a successful beta program!

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
So as of lately I’ve been spending more time on my tune and logging like mad. Something I discovered is that it takes about 2.5 seconds for the turbo to reach the boost being commanded by the computer. (Boost lag) An issue is we spend about 3 seconds in 1 & 2 gear. Not enough time to achieve the boost goal. 3rd and up we have nearly 5 to 6 seconds per gear so hitting the max boost target is easier. So to increase the boost response you may want to command the boost goal at lower rpm to get it in the area you want it to hit.
Have you adjusted boost ramp rates? Also with the electronic system there's a small delay. This is due to the fact that while you're just driving around the wastegate is at full open. So when you jam the peddle it first has to retract the arm to close the flap.
Sponsored