Zcfc3dc5

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si, 2002 Acura rsx type s, 2011 Nissan Titan
Country flag
I usually dissable traction control id rather control wheel spin with throttle control than have then lose power from traction control
I do the same. I hate all these stupid driver aids. I want my cars just like my rsx type s, the only thing controlling it is me
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I usually dissable traction control id rather control wheel spin with throttle control than have then lose power from traction control
For sure same here, but when I'm not planning on getting on it and I do on a whim it happens.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
5w-40 for my built motor. I run 265 35 18s on a 18x9.5 +45 and I still spin lol

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
What about manufacturers like mobile one, amsoil, penzoil?
I've been using mobil 1 for 20 years with great success so I stick to that. I hear good things About amsoil, redline.

Rott3n_SI

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Aegean Blue Civic SI
Country flag
I've been using mobil 1 for 20 years with great success so I stick to that. I hear good things About amsoil, redline.
I haven’t used redline but have heard good things
I’ve been using torco lately cuz i became a distributor I also heard valvoline vr1 was really good too

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Also on a side note the turbo seems a tiny bit quieter from the orignal stock turbo. Everything I read said to stay away from a blow off valve. Is that the case or is that not true. Which does everyone recommend?

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Off topic a little but how did you manage to get no codes with the defouler? I just disabled the code and didn’t try a work around. The same defouler or did you use a different one?

thanks
I tried about 5 different ones, on an endless manic attempt at passing my states emissions. Which require the monitors to all show ready. Shutting them off would not show ready, so I had no choice.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/O2-Oxygen-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

This one with the medium insert worked for me

Rott3n_SI

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Aegean Blue Civic SI
Country flag
Also on a side note the turbo seems a tiny bit quieter from the orignal stock turbo. Everything I read said to stay away from a blow off valve. Is that the case or is that not true. Which does everyone recommend?
Stay away from them our MAF sensor is before the diverted valve so when you vent to atmosphere you vent metered air causing the car to run rich only way around that is to delete the MAF and run off just MAP sensor or have a tune that accounts for the loss of metered air when the throttle is released

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
You still haven't felt the final tune so give it a chance before assuming it's not enough power. Your going to be 100hp over stock so I can't imagine youll be that dissapointed. If your that unsatisfied maybe a car that comes stock with more power is for you. Hopefully you'll grow to like it, or get some drag tires to eliminate wheel spin and you'll feel how fast the car actually is.
I have a feeling I will literally always crave more power, but thanks for your input

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I haven’t used redline but have heard good things
I’ve been using torco lately cuz i became a distributor I also heard valvoline vr1 was really good too
I used to use valvoline vr1 racing 15-50 in my mk2 Gti I ly.in the summer though. I believe that was non synthetic .

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I have a feeling I will literally always crave more power, but thanks for your input
Figure out where you want the car and price out the plan. You may want a bigger turbo if your goals are big.
At around 350hp you'll want upgraded rods and headbolts.
Want 400hp. You’ll want pistons to, so might as well grab a twostepperformance block. You'll also need 4 bar sensors, and more fuel. Either in the form of less reliable meth injection or a proper (direct or port)-injection kit. Either one will involve a new in tank pump.

Now that your at 400hp You'll be pushing 35+psi and you'll probably get a year or two and then you're going to notice sounds from 3rd and 4th gear, unless it just explodes one day. $4k later and you now have aftermarket gears.

450+hp. Motec ECU recommended. Expect $9k
Sponsored