NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
@NicKoLi what's the status with your car now? Still having issue?
I just got the housing the other day, but I literally just had a hernia surgery the other day. Now I have to convince a new friend who already helped with the original install to help me out. I dont really feel comfortable with remembering where all the hoses go and the bolts on the side of the turbo inlet. Im on a lot of meds that cause brain fog and shaky hands and no memory, so I need some help. I am hoping that tomorrow he might help me install and we can have the issue resolved.
Sponsored

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Hey .. I take that personally since I'm the one asking the dumb questions lol. It should be credit to me that with the little knowledge I have I have installed every bolt on part and troubleshooted every issue so far. This one's not my fault. =D
3 years ago I would of needed to Google how to do an oil change. You're not alone lol

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I just got the housing the other day, but I literally just had a hernia surgery the other day. Now I have to convince a new friend who already helped with the original install to help me out. I dont really feel comfortable with remembering where all the hoses go and the bolts on the side of the turbo inlet. Im on a lot of meds that cause brain fog and shaky hands and no memory, so I need some help. I am hoping that tomorrow he might help me install and we can have the issue resolved.
Good luck man I hope it works out!

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
remote dyno tuning w DRob
[/QUOTE
If your worried about where hoses go, number the hoses with tape and draw a little diagram of there position.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
If your worried about where the hoses go, number them with tape and draw a diagram of the positions. Take pictures with your phone before you take anything apart as well.

awsomsauce

First Name
Theodore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Gen si and 2 6 gen sedans
Country flag
what a rough start i hope this is no indication of how things are gonna go with the turbo in the future, really looking forward to have this turbo installed in my car but man this whole housing thing got me thinking...
True it has been a rough start but this the key point of beta testing. It’s our part to find points of issue in order to get them resolved before putting the part out there for some one like yourself. This way you have a product you know has been tested and will be fine to put on your car. ??

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Definition of beta test

be·ta test
/ˈbādə ˌtest/
noun
noun: beta test; plural noun: beta tests
a trial of machinery, software, or other products, in the final stages of its development, carried out by a party unconnected with its development.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
i dont know about the rest of y'all but im super pleased with how Rich and RV6 are handling everything
100%. I'm glad to be part of this beta process.

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Rich has done a lot to make sure that I receive a complete working unit that's been tested. Since I am not super comfortable with reassembling and making sure it works. Which is just good customer service, and although some of this has been rocky to say the least. I am sure the end result will be worth it and the build quality is super clean.

Last edited:

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
What are we thinking is the max safe psi we could expect with this turbo?
Sponsored