Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone also have the RV6 Modular DP/FP installed? Im wondering if I could install the turbo by only removing the DP portion or will I have to remove the FP as well? @RV6

CEE921BB-3EF4-450C-80BC-12D84D141C9E.png
You can just remove the DP portion. That’s what we have been doing.

Well on the highway I encountered almost no boost. On side streets closer to my house all my lights went off. I'm assuming it's something with the actuator getting stuck and hope it's nothing worse. I really need a fixed housing asap as it's already on my car. Does this sound like the actuator? RV6 help!?
Also can I drive the car like this I was supposed to have a clutch installed on Monday
What codes are you getting? Sounds like the actuator. Since you didn’t want to swap the housing and everything was working properly. I sent the extra housings to other people Friday. I will see if I can get one overnighted back to me to modified and sent to you.

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Does anybody know if driving with the actuator open will damage the actuator. I was told by several people that it would be fine if I just stayed out of the boost, and then later drob told me that theres a chance the actuator could break if I did that. I had to obviously drive it home on the highway when I realized no boost, and then 30 minuites to the dealer for a clutch job after that. I would have just rescheduled the appointment, now im terrified that the actuator is damaged.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Decided to split my turbo, just waiting for the replacement.

@RV6 rich do you want me to send my housing in now?

Honda Civic 10th gen Official RV6 R365 turbo thread 20201123_164313

Honda Civic 10th gen Official RV6 R365 turbo thread 20201123_164311

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Decided to split my turbo, just waiting for the replacement.

@RV6 rich do you want me to send my housing in now?
Yes please, send me a email and I will get you a return label ASAP. I don't know what user names match which email.

We can modify a housing in about a hour now. We are matching the OE clearance and everything is working great on my car.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yes please, send me a email and I will get you a return label ASAP. I don't know what user names match which email.

We can modify a housing in about a hour now. We are matching the OE clearance and everything is working great on my car.
Email sent

Reactions: RV6

Zcfc3dc5

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si, 2002 Acura rsx type s, 2011 Nissan Titan
Country flag

I’m gonna do the same. I’ll email you now.

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag

what a rough start i hope this is no indication of how things are gonna go with the turbo in the future, really looking forward to have this turbo installed in my car but man this whole housing thing got me thinking...

Zcfc3dc5

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si, 2002 Acura rsx type s, 2011 Nissan Titan
Country flag
what a rough start i hope this is no indication of how things are gonna go with the turbo in the future, really looking forward to have this turbo installed in my car but man this whole housing thing got me thinking...
It’s the whole point of being a beta tester. You find any potential flaws and fix them to make the product perfect for mass distribution.

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
...and we appreciate your help in doing so and contributing to the community! It’s much different than having a final version that has problems that has been sold to the community. I have several expensive aftermarket parts that have issues and I am coming to terms it just comes with the aftermarket territory. They usually are rectified through warranty but the time it takes away is the hard part. So the more quality and beta testing the better! Cheers.

FLOPPER

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
I haven't bought a single RV6 product ever, but the way they've handled this has been pretty amazing when you think about it.

1. Problem with ONE user
2. Problem identified
3. Several prophylactic fixes offered to all testers

As others have said, this is for a BETA. Some risk comes with the territory, but RV6 has been great with making everything right, even with people that don't have problems.

They're being very forward and aboveboard, which is such a breath of fresh air these days.

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SGP Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
This is beta testing, it's a good thing to find out the flaws now before its released to production.

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Been following this thread and Man everyone seems very knowledgeable and deserving to be testing this new turbo. There's always that one guy tho that somehow ends up mixed up with the big dogs ?
Hey .. I take that personally since I'm the one asking the dumb questions lol. It should be credit to me that with the little knowledge I have I have installed every bolt on part and troubleshooted every issue so far. This one's not my fault. =D
Sponsored