Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I didn’t get any emails
Zach your emails are bouncing. It says your inbox is full.

For all of us that are just watching to see first results, what's the problem specifically?... Assume it's something with the wastegate after heat cycle???
One person had their wastegate stick right after starting. We just want to make sure it doesn't happen again. My car and all the test cars have been fine.

So what are you guys doing with your turbos? It was a nightmare trying to install that thing, I really really really dont want to have to do that again. What is the turbo housing exactly?
fuck.. I dont know what to say. He did say that if it was going to happen it probably would have happened already right?
yeah I dont feel comfortable taking a turbo apart, nor do I have the time or money to take all that apart over again unfortunately.
The turbine housing is the part that bolts to your engine. You can swap it with just removing one nut and loosening a clamp. It is not hard at all and only takes about a minute. However if your car is running fine I wouldn't worry about it.

It's the whole turbo minus the guts I believe
Just one part.

To replace housing just the exhaust housing center clamp needs to be removed. Will have to make sure it is clocked correctly as well.
There is a alignment pin so super simple.

Again this was a single incidence. However we just want to make sure everyone is on the same page. It is all part of the BETA process.
Sponsored

Zcfc3dc5

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si, 2002 Acura rsx type s, 2011 Nissan Titan
Country flag

One person had their wastegate stick right after starting. We just want to make sure it doesn't happen again. My car and all the test cars have been fine.

The turbine housing is the part that bolts to your engine. You can swap it with just removing one nut and loosening a clamp. It is not hard at all and only takes about a minute. However if your car is running fine I wouldn't worry about it.

Just one part.

Again this was a single incidence. However we just want to make sure everyone is on the same page. It is all part of the BETA process.
That’s odd. I’m still receiving other emails. ??‍♂

awsomsauce

First Name
Theodore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Gen si and 2 6 gen sedans
Country flag
Hello All,

so it was my unit that got stuck. Thankfully the team at RV6 have been able to find out what’s causing it.
we installed the unit, changed the oil to 5w30, and then burped the coolant system. After all said and done I drove the car gently to minimize boost until the unit had some miles on it.
i went to get onto the freeway and once the car started attempting to build positive boost the check engine freak out show started popping off. So I went back to the shop. We tried clearing the code and it kept coming back.
Then we used the snap on scan tool and the code still kept popping and wouldn’t clear. So Eman tried to open and close the gate and it was really hard.
But now we know the what and why, the fix is being prepared, and sent out. It’s up to you if you want to swap the housings. Chances are if your unit is installed and running perfect you may not have an issue. As for those that haven’t installed the turbo yet I’d say better to be safe than sorry.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

Just one part.

It's a tough call, would hate to install then have an issue. Especially since this is my only car and I need to get to work everyday... I'm gonna play it safe and wait it out.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hello All,

so it was my unit that got stuck. Thankfully the team at RV6 have been able to find out what’s causing it.
we installed the unit, changed the oil to 5w30, and then burped the coolant system. After all said and done I drove the car gently to minimize boost until the unit had some miles on it.
i went to get onto the freeway and once the car started attempting to build positive boost the check engine freak out show started popping off. So I went back to the shop. We tried clearing the code and it kept coming back.
Then we used the snap on scan tool and the code still kept popping and wouldn’t clear. So Eman tried to open and close the gate and it was really hard.
But now we know the what and why, the fix is being prepared, and sent out. It’s up to you if you want to swap the housings. Chances are if your unit is installed and running perfect you may not have an issue. As for those that haven’t installed the turbo yet I’d say better to be safe than sorry.
Sorry to hear you had an issue, thanks for sharing!

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag

Just one part.

So if my car seems to be running fine with no issues chances are that my unit is fine ? You would be confident if it was your car that it would not happen afterwards ?

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Hello All,

sorry to hear about that man, no offense but since mine is already installed im hoping its just you :p

awsomsauce

First Name
Theodore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Gen si and 2 6 gen sedans
Country flag
So if my car seems to be running fine with no issues chances are that my unit is fine ? You would be confident if it was your car that it would not happen afterwards ?
Can I ask how many miles you’ve put on the turbo so far?

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It’s all good. We are the testers so it’s best to find all the bugs for the vendor.

Dude! You are having some luck with turbos!! Hope it's sorted!!!