Rott3n_SI

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Aegean Blue Civic SI
Country flag
The install isn’t too bad so I’m gonna give it a go and see how it runs if all goes well I will probably still swap the turbine housing out when it arrives and since I’m doing the labor myself theres no cost factor only time

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
@NicKoLi did you get your final tune yet or do you still have datalogs to send in?

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
@NicKoLi did you get your final tune yet or do you still have datalogs to send in?
I am on my third tune, Not sure how many more there are. I tried watching the video and moving the arm on the actuator, with my finger under the heatshield trying to move it. I cant move anything under there but the car was running and data logging so I dont know if that is why it didnt move. Would I know it if the actuator was stuck? I cant really see it well since I didnt take the turbo inlet off.

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just sent everyone a email.

Quick update. After working with the manufacturer we have determined that the clearance of the wastegate flapper shaft is too tight. Thermal expansion is causing the shaft to grow and seize. The solution is to match the clearance of the OE turbo and this will solve the issue.

Options to remedy this situation.
1. The manufacturer is making new housings which will be available around the first week of December.
2. Send your housing back to me to repair. We can machine the shaft smaller to increase the clearance. We can probably turn this around in a week or so.
3. I have 2 housings here I can repair first and send out for exchange.

At this point I wouldn't recommend installing the turbo just to avoid the hassle and to make sure everyone is on the same page for testing.

There have also been questions about the difficulty of swapping the housing. I have made a quick video detailing this process.
Swap video
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=Rk9QQ3dsZk5KNjA1OU9QMWZrV2RVWFVtVkJjSENn

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SGP Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
I installed mine yesterday. Very happy with the quality and everything included. I chose the e-tune with drob. I was just disappointed with how much slower it felt then tsp stage 1 on map 3 with the stock turbo. Maybe its just the tune he sent me to start out with.
its a starter map, its made so you can actually drive the car to give him datalogs. There will be a big difference within a few revisions

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
M
Just sent everyone a email.

Quick update. After working with the manufacturer we have determined that the clearance of the wastegate flapper shaft is too tight. Thermal expansion is causing the shaft to grow and seize. The solution is to match the clearance of the OE turbo and this will solve the issue.

Options to remedy this situation.
1. The manufacturer is making new housings which will be available around the first week of December.
2. Send your housing back to me to repair. We can machine the shaft smaller to increase the clearance. We can probably turn this around in a week or so.
3. I have 2 housings here I can repair first and send out for exchange.

At this point I wouldn't recommend installing the turbo just to avoid the hassle and to make sure everyone is on the same page for testing.

There have also been questions about the difficulty of swapping the housing. I have made a quick video detailing this process.
Swap video
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=Rk9QQ3dsZk5KNjA1OU9QMWZrV2RVWFVtVkJjSENn
Mine moves if I apply some pressure with a screw driver.. Is that normal? Am I safe to drive the vehicle?

Zcfc3dc5

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si, 2002 Acura rsx type s, 2011 Nissan Titan
Country flag
Moving is normal. I would just swap it out for piece of mind.
Are you guys automatically just sending us the replacements in December or do we need to send ours back first?

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you guys automatically just sending us the replacements in December or do we need to send ours back first?
If you don't do one of the other options we will just send you a housing in December or possibly sooner if we get ones back to adjust.

Zcfc3dc5

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si, 2002 Acura rsx type s, 2011 Nissan Titan
Country flag
If you don't do one of the other options we will just send you a housing in December or possibly sooner if we get ones back to adjust.
Sounds good thank you

CivicPR0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport Touring CVT
Country flag
Does anyone also have the RV6 Modular DP/FP installed? Im wondering if I could install the turbo by only removing the DP portion or will I have to remove the FP as well? @RV6

Honda Civic 10th gen Official RV6 R365 turbo thread CEE921BB-3EF4-450C-80BC-12D84D141C9E

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Well on the highway I encountered almost no boost. On side streets closer to my house all my lights went off. I'm assuming it's something with the actuator getting stuck and hope it's nothing worse. I really need a fixed housing asap as it's already on my car. Does this sound like the actuator? RV6 help!?

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Well on the highway I encountered almost no boost. On side streets closer to my house all my lights went off. I'm assuming it's something with the actuator getting stuck and hope it's nothing worse. I really need a fixed housing asap as it's already on my car. Does this sound like the actuator? RV6 help!?
Also can I drive the car like this I was supposed to have a clutch installed on Monday
Sponsored