Official RALLYE RED Civic Thread

Bugman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T, 2016 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey everyone, I am new here, just bought mine on Labor day. fastSI, the rims you have are awesome looking, what brand and model are they?

Honda Civic 10th gen Official RALLYE RED Civic Thread RubyRed (1)

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been here a while, got my EXT coupe in July and I think I might love it more than my girlfriend!

Honda Civic 10th gen Official RALLYE RED Civic Thread IMG_20160731_160350978

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I actually think red is the best color for the Civic, especially the Sport hatch. I just can't bring myself to buy a red car I guess.

DarkTimber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 Civic Hatch MT
In 1984, I was a reluctant new owner of a Red CR-X. I wanted a blue one. I took the first one delivered and it was red. I honestly did not care for red.

After moving to Colorado in 1991, I immediately noticed a significantly higher percentage of trucks & SUVs compared to the D.C area. I quickly learned that Red is a great color for these larger vehicle to see me...defensive driving. I drove my Red CR-X and my current '98 Red Civic HB with my headlights on during the day. I was never hit by another vehicle. I am also a defensive driver, however, I am far from perfect.

I have stuck with red since 1984 only because I prefer other drivers to see me. Between snowstorms, monsoon rains, 2 lane mountain roads and occasional thick fog; I want to be seen.

For buying the '17 HB, I toyed with Cosmic Blue as a color choice. Then, the colors were announced. There is no Cosmic Blue for the HB.

Thanks to all of you for sharing your RR pictures. The pictures on this thread have convinced me to get a RR '17 HB Sport Touring. Next year, will I be able to find one in RR? ...More on this next year when the Sport Touring is available.

Last edited:

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hate the all the steel metallic, gun metal, silver, blah blah blah. Everyone is driving cars of those colors now I wanted either red or blue those look the best to me the other colors are dull and boring except the green which I could not find myself buying rally red FTW!

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like the Ralley Red alot as my last 2013 Civic Si was that color. If you compare let's say Lunar Silver notice how metallic colors show sharper more defined body lines. Red in the direct sun is so bight you lose the aggressive lines and you tend to look at the overall shape. Taffeta white does the same thing. That is why Honda is adding pearls and Metallics to most of their colors.

I hate the all the steel metallic, gun metal, silver, blah blah blah. Everyone is driving cars of those colors now I wanted either red or blue those look the best to me the other colors are dull and boring except the green which I could not find myself buying rally red FTW!

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
So which wheels are those on the red car? It has the dual exhaust but those don't look like the Sport wheels pictured elsewhere.

Normally I don't like red cars other than like on a Ferrari, so not sure why I like this one so much. It does look like Ferrari red.

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Those are the 17's that you'll find on the sedan and coupe Touring. Although they look to be finished in gunmetal for that Euro hatch.