Official RallyArmor Mudflaps for the Type R

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
Can we leave the washers off n would that work?
Maybe? But the slotted holes has me a bit weary to attempt it without the washer. I'd probably be the guy to lose a flap. If I can't get remedy via rally armor I'll just go buy the correct hardware. Kinda disappointing though

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am experiencing the same issue on the rear flaps as well with the OEM screw. This is ridiculous with the money that we spent on these.

@Midarete, did you have these issues? Is there someone at ralleyarmor that we can contact? Thx.
I have a set on the way also. But yeah...150 for these and the screws aren't exactly right..kinda sucks

jimmer

First Name
Jimmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
I submitted a ticket this morning. Planned to do it yesterday but got bogged down by work. Will keep this thread updated if I hear back.
I did too, hopefully we can get others to do it as well as it may provide a quicker solution from RA

jimmer

First Name
Jimmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
here is the reply I received from R/A, I will attempt to do it again this weekend:

Hi James,

Thank you for your inquiry. Not to worry we can certainly assist in troubleshooting.

In terms of the rear- the single OEM screw fastener is located close to the bumper skin and will install as before.

This area incorporates a number of items so we would also advise checking the following items :

• Part of the rear installation process requests a slight curvature be introduced on the rear bracket (Section i) . A bracket pushing towards the rear of the vehicle may create unnecessary space and push back on the area where the inner fastener is mounted to.
  • The riveted liner plate behind the bumper skin. There are two extended rivets holding a metal plate to the soft fabric liner. They can create a gap in this area if the rivets are not clearing the mounting point and would mimic the scenario you are describing.
  • OEM fastener mounting point. The liner rivets (and plate) can push back the OEM mounting point when reinstalling the components- just enough as to not allow you to initially catch. The sheet metal can be easily pushed forwards a few mm by hand, back into place if this has occurred as it is a simple L shape.
We have attached an image of the inner rear Type R bumper area to help clarify what we are describing in this response ( direct link below)

http://www.rallyarmor.com/images/rear_type_r_to_check.jpg

We always advise hand threading the OEM screw first to ensure if is being installed into the center of the OEM insert, then applying some additional pressure as to allow the screw to catch the inner mounting area. Tightening the application with only until washer is seated.

Regarding the front- While there are a number of OEM screws located in this area, there is a single mounting point on the vehicle that is behind the thick side skirt. (All other mounting points are directly behind the liner) would this be the single OEM screw you are referring to in your request?

Specifically #2 in section A on the installation instructions included with your set found here:

http://www.rallyarmor.com/honda_instructions/IMF47.pdf

If so, would you be able to swap this with the 1SS screw we have provided with the OEM mounting screw and advise if this resolves your issue (#4 in Section E of the installation instructions)?

Thanks very much,
Team R/A

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
here is the reply I received from R/A, I will attempt to do it again this weekend:

Hi James,

Thank you for your inquiry. Not to worry we can certainly assist in troubleshooting.

In terms of the rear- the single OEM screw fastener is located close to the bumper skin and will install as before.

This area incorporates a number of items so we would also advise checking the following items :

• Part of the rear installation process requests a slight curvature be introduced on the rear bracket (Section i) . A bracket pushing towards the rear of the vehicle may create unnecessary space and push back on the area where the inner fastener is mounted to.
  • The riveted liner plate behind the bumper skin. There are two extended rivets holding a metal plate to the soft fabric liner. They can create a gap in this area if the rivets are not clearing the mounting point and would mimic the scenario you are describing.
  • OEM fastener mounting point. The liner rivets (and plate) can push back the OEM mounting point when reinstalling the components- just enough as to not allow you to initially catch. The sheet metal can be easily pushed forwards a few mm by hand, back into place if this has occurred as it is a simple L shape.
We have attached an image of the inner rear Type R bumper area to help clarify what we are describing in this response ( direct link below)

http://www.rallyarmor.com/images/rear_type_r_to_check.jpg

We always advise hand threading the OEM screw first to ensure if is being installed into the center of the OEM insert, then applying some additional pressure as to allow the screw to catch the inner mounting area. Tightening the application with only until washer is seated.

Regarding the front- While there are a number of OEM screws located in this area, there is a single mounting point on the vehicle that is behind the thick side skirt. (All other mounting points are directly behind the liner) would this be the single OEM screw you are referring to in your request?

Specifically #2 in section A on the installation instructions included with your set found here:

http://www.rallyarmor.com/honda_instructions/IMF47.pdf

If so, would you be able to swap this with the 1SS screw we have provided with the OEM mounting screw and advise if this resolves your issue (#4 in Section E of the installation instructions)?

Thanks very much,
Team R/A
Did you let them know that the 1SS screw is way to thick and the oem is too thin to swap, lmao.

I installed mine and have the same issue
But they look nice

Honda Civic 10th gen Official RallyArmor Mudflaps for the Type R IMG_4727.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Official RallyArmor Mudflaps for the Type R IMG_4728.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Official RallyArmor Mudflaps for the Type R IMG_4731.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Official RallyArmor Mudflaps for the Type R IMG_4737.JPG

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
not using the washer was the only way to get it to stay...really dont want to leave it this way

Honda Civic 10th gen Official RallyArmor Mudflaps for the Type R 20181004_163303