Official RallyArmor Mudflaps for the Sport/Sport Touring FK7

Vufoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Interested in getting these for my hatchback, but I was thinking about trimming the sides of them down a little further to make them more flush against the bodywork. I saw another member's car did the same and like the look, but any ideas on how to cleanly do something like that? Was just gonna use a sander and give it a shot, dunno if I should use a saw.
Sponsored

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Interested in getting these for my hatchback, but I was thinking about trimming the sides of them down a little further to make them more flush against the bodywork. I saw another member's car did the same and like the look, but any ideas on how to cleanly do something like that? Was just gonna use a sander and give it a shot, dunno if I should use a saw.
You would need to cut it somehow, they're not rigid. Sanding would take forever.

Also, why would you want to? For me, the protruding from the sides is a main feature, as it will deflect debris from the side of your car.

Vufoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
You would need to cut it somehow, they're not rigid. Sanding would take forever.

Also, why would you want to? For me, the protruding from the sides is a main feature, as it will deflect debris from the side of your car.
I was thinking about using an orbital sander to get it down fast, but I think you're right about the cutting part. I've only got a circular saw but could probably rig something up.

I agree that the protruding helps with kickback from the wheels, I'm just personally not a fan of having the plastic stick out in full Impreza style. I was only thinking maybe a inch off the Rally Armor package, where it'd still offer decent protection.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not very good at taking picture..
I bought the mud flap as soon as it is available but didnt get to install it.
I got the special edition, it looks great!

Honda Civic 10th gen Official RallyArmor Mudflaps for the Sport/Sport Touring FK7 20190510_214532

Honda Civic 10th gen Official RallyArmor Mudflaps for the Sport/Sport Touring FK7 20190510_194440

Honda Civic 10th gen Official RallyArmor Mudflaps for the Sport/Sport Touring FK7 20190510_205725