NeptuneOg1

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
My car finally has their tune and... it's fucking amazing ? pulls good all the way to red line and feels soo smooth. Drove it on map one for about 20 mins to let the car used to the tune and it still felt really smooth. It does burble a lot more than tsp with a muffler delete... not sure how good that is but sounds good in my opinion. I will try god mode once I get the catless downpipe next month. I doubt it'll be a feature I'll use often tho. I take care of my car lol
Sponsored

CivicSiAgain

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
My car finally has their tune and... it's fucking amazing ? pulls good all the way to red line and feels soo smooth. Drove it on map one for about 20 mins to let the car used to the tune and it still felt really smooth. It does burble a lot more than tsp with a muffler delete... not sure how good that is but sounds good in my opinion. I will try god mode once I get the catless downpipe next month. I doubt it'll be a feature I'll use often tho. I take care of my car lol
Ya man! I couldnt believe the difference. So good.

Chandler92

First Name
Chandler Boyer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic si
Country flag
So you can’t prevent them from clogging? You just have to wait for them to clog and then replace them?
Its pretty much inevitable. They will go out. Mine went out at 34000. The dude was shocked they even lasted that long. We replaced some at 4500 on another civic

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
This is a sale price? Save a whole 1%. That's embarrassing.

1600375872150.png

This is how TSP lists theirs. Seems much more respectful of the customers intelligence and wallet.

1600375962921.png

Must be that new version 1.5 makes a lot of difference. (sarcasm)

Lol thats funny, I bought Phearable about a month and a half ago for $79.99

letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
I hesitate to trust my tune\car to a company that can't do a simple website. No quality control or what? How about a proof reader at the very least.

Edit: Yes a website and a car tune are very different things. But a company that uses a website to sell tunes should be better. And you are assuming it's a mistake.
Ultimately, nobody cares about their website. All we care about is the tune.

Masked

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Okay, so I activated cruise main and the car started popping a bit loud on deceleration ? I got the street tune. Is that normal? I'm worried cause I got the stock downpipe still.
Do you have the tune with GOD MODE? If you do, it will pop on deceleration between 3500-5000 RPM with cruise main active

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Their prices are shuffling around now. TSP tune used to be 59.99 or something shortly after the tune released for us early adopters... and has been $79.99 for a looong time. They always talked about eventually raising it. It is stupid cheap compared to some other platforms. Other than Vits tune which you can’t get anymore, the TSP tune is the oldest locked hot reflash at over 2 years old now... and the first you could get by just buying the file whereas Vits you have to buy a Ktuner from him to get. I may try Phearable here shortly but TSPs customer service has always been very good. I’ve been talking to Daniel at TSP to get a tune converted to a 2020 car from a fella I was swapping my V2 for a 1.2 for since it’s apparently a different file and he’s taking care of it for us.

Again... the Phearable tune sounds great, but TSP has provided the community with a hot reflash for peanuts when their competition wouldn’t and have had been around a long time. They’re a trustworthy bunch. Whether you prefer their tune or the other is up to you.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Speak for yourself. I don't limit my opinion and trust of a company to only the single product I am buying today.

It has actually been fixed and is still on sale...just not as good of a sale.
phear.JPG
Thanks for the update. Yes, overnight they have inflated the cost of the tune by 50% to make you feel you are saving 34%. $100 for this tune is market value and still more than its competitor, TSP.

EDIT: I also want to add that TSP customer service is awesome. They helped with something when they could have told me to pound sand. From what I've heard, we'd be lucky to even get a reply from Phearable customer service.

Last edited:

letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
Speak for yourself. I don't limit my opinion and trust of a company to only the single product I am buying today.

Thanks for the update. Yes, overnight they have inflated the cost of the tune by 50% to make you feel you are saving 34%. $100 for this tune is market value and still more than its competitor, TSP.
I don't think I am speaking for myself. This forum has pointed out on many occasions the not-so-great customer service and website and lack of interaction with the Honda community from Phearable. However, Phearable is trusted within the Honda community strictly on the product, because of the history and proven reliability...regardless of the red flags that might put someone off if it was a different vendor. Plus, I've never heard anybody discuss Phearable in regards to anything except the tune, which is the single product this thread has to do with.

Edit: Idk what the original price of the Phearable tune was so I can't comment on that lol.
Edit #2: They are both free when buying with the Ktuner lol.

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I get that, I really do... and ultimately if the product is excellent that's the most important thing.

But, there is something to be said for customer service and accessibility. What I'm getting at is this...

KTuner and TSP have long had an active presence here at CivicX. Have a KTuner worry or question and JR will be here soon enough to answer. Look at the long running TSP Si tune thread. You'll see tons of responses from TSP and D-Rob. To me, that's a fantastic thing. Having them here shows they care about our community and our opinions.

Where's the Phearable rep? I mean, I know it's a good tune but why not have someone here representing the product and answering questions? It would be a win-win for the community AND Phearable.

letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
I get that, I really do... and ultimately if the product is excellent that's the most important thing.

But, there is something to be said for customer service and accessibility. What I'm getting at is this...

KTuner and TSP have long had an active presence here at CivicX. Have a KTuner worry or question and JR will be here soon enough to answer. Look at the long running TSP Si tune thread. You'll see tons of responses from TSP and D-Rob. To me, that's a fantastic thing. Having them here shows they care about our community and our opinions.

Where's the Phearable rep? I mean, I know it's a good tune but why not have someone here representing the product and answering questions? It would be a win-win for the community AND Phearable.
I don't disagree at all. What I am saying is even with knowing all of the above, here we are 22 pages in a comparison thread. Other products or at least product threads on this forum titled, "Hey how's this product?", usually the second or 3rd reply would say "oh, it's pretty good, but their customer service is terrible. I would recommend such and such which is pretty much just as good, but with way better customer service."

But, specifically to the tunes, you don't see that that often. The Phearable tune is SO good that the other factors are often overlooked when in almost any other instance they wouldn't be. Hence why we are here.

That being said, I wholeheartedly wish there was a Phearable rep active here. And with that being said, there aren't to many questions that haven't already been answered in some capacity on this forum.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
Thanks for the kind words from those that have supported us. We are proud to be a part of the 10th gen Civic community. So many groups are based on Facebook now but we have always believed dedicated web forums such as this are the best way to bring the community together and share information.

As far as I know, there has never been any testing done across both tunes using the same car, dyno, etc. I would expect power output to probably be about the same for both tunes but until proper testing is done we can only speculate. Beyond power output there are many tune settings that strongly impact the overall feel of a tune. We have thousands of customers that have praised our tune as it is written but it is unreasonable to expect a "one size fits all" solution to be perfect for everyone.

I am excited to share that we are working with KTuner on opening up some fresh options that will allow simple and safe adjustments to be made to the tune file by the end user, so that it can be customized in accordance to each customer's preferences. This will be available for both existing and future tune customers. That is about all I can say about it at this time. As always, "stay tuned". :)

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I am excited to share that we are working with KTuner on opening up some fresh options that will allow simple and safe adjustments to be made to the tune file by the end user, so that it can be customized in accordance to each customer's preferences. This will be available for both existing and future tune customers. That is about all I can say about it at this time. As always, "stay tuned". :)
The opening up of some settings will be HUGE. I'm definitely staying tuned. :cool:

Fingers crossed, part throttle responsiveness is one of settings that you are considering opening up.
Sponsored

Last edited: