Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
With any tune you will only get so much gain on stock engine. When you start opening things up like exhaust and intake it always the turbo to do what it's meant to do much more efficiently and that's when you really notice gains. I had the tsp tune with stock exhaust and I wasn't really happy with the gains but once I installed my catless dp and front pipe it really made a difference, then when I installed the complete maperformance 3" exhaust it turned into a different vehicle all together. That's when I was like holy sh*t this thing is moving now, hard to believe for such a small engine.

That's just me from my experience so far. I'm waiting for my intercooler kit to arrive and I'm hoping I feel another nice bump in power.
Sponsored

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone else really on the fence about pulling the trigger on tuning now after reading this? I was hesitant for a long time to go the tuning route due to reliability and warranty but I'm pretty much set on picking up kTuner w/ Phearable tune some time soon.

Read through every post on here and it's nice to see everyone's opinions. I'm probably going to wait just a tiny bit more to see more feedback on the tune but all in all sounds good, hopefully the powerband could help conserve the clutch a bit more compared to TSP.

Friction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone else really on the fence about pulling the trigger on tuning now after reading this? I was hesitant for a long time to go the tuning route due to reliability and warranty but I'm pretty much set on picking up kTuner w/ Phearable tune some time soon.

Read through every post on here and it's nice to see everyone's opinions. I'm probably going to wait just a tiny bit more to see more feedback on the tune but all in all sounds good, hopefully the powerband could help conserve the clutch a bit more compared to TSP.
You must not have seen my latest post or gotch's. Comparing the two published dyno plots from tsp and phearable, the latter has more midrange torque. Also evidenced by gotch stating he had more wheelspin w/ phearable.

Last edited:

xile6

First Name
jermaul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si, 05 scion tc turbo , 98 honda civic turbo
Country flag

Brought my car new and did a ton of research to make sure i know the limit of the car before i got my car.
Then ordered hondata about a week after owning the car.
Installed the base map and drove on that then kept hearing TSP and kturner was so great.
So swap to ktuner since there are more tune out there.
And TSP is nice but just lacks in the low end.
Pulled the trigger on Phearable because i spend $45 yesterday at sonic lol.... So 2 days of eating out for a tune that might be what i need. I had to pull the trigger.

Just got the email also so i am going to try it out today and report back with my findings.
Plan to do map 2 22psi Map 3 25psi seems a tad much for stock clutch and block????

And with any mod you can void your warranty and shorten the life of the car. But ah i always own used cars and build them back up done a ton to them.
So a new car should last longer then them before i have to build anything back up.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You must not have seen my latest post or gotch's. Comparing the two published dyno plots from tsp and phearble, the latter has more midrange torque. Also evidenced by gotch stating he had more wheelspin.
Ah actually I remember reading it now but I kind of forgot after seeing the rest of the posts talking about how good it was lol. But yes it's very interesting, not sure what everyone else was talking about. Time for me to do some more research..
Brought my car new and did a ton of research to make sure i know the limit of the car before i got my car.
Then ordered hondata about a week after owning the car.
Installed the base map and drove on that then kept hearing TSP and kturner was so great.
So swap to ktuner since there are more tune out there.
And TSP is nice but just lacks in the low end.
Pulled the trigger on Phearable because i spend $45 yesterday at sonic lol.... So 2 days of eating out for a tune that might be what i need. I had to pull the trigger.

Just got the email also so i am going to try it out today and report back with my findings.
Plan to do map 2 22psi Map 3 25psi seems a tad much for stock clutch and block????

And with any mod you can void your warranty and shorten the life of the car. But ah i always own used cars and build them back up done a ton to them.
So a new car should last longer then them before i have to build anything back up.
Haha I feel you bro, what do you think about the phearable tune now compared to TSP? And in regards to going map 2/3 not too sure since I've never tuned yet, but me personally I'd probably stick with map 1 until I get type r retrofit clutch.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Midrange is wicked strong on the Phearable tune. It's the low end that's "softer" than TSP (below 3000rpm).

I actually have been caught off-guard (at how slow low end, 1500-2500rpm boost built up) a few times when I first flashed it. Once you are aware it is very easy to avoid.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

xile6

First Name
jermaul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si, 05 scion tc turbo , 98 honda civic turbo
Country flag
Man i hate to reiterate, but its smooth lol..

Really tho.
TSP has a small pause between shifting.
And seems like you have to give it a tad more gas.

With Phearable it was just smooth crisp shifting. Barely any shift shock also.

Low/mid range is their.
it still ramps on slowly vs hondata 6+ or ktuner base.
But is better then TSP.

With TSP i felt that i could hit the throttle in low rpms and watch the boost gauge go negtive 0 0 0 0 1 psi.
Vs phearable negtives 0 0 1 psi
Basically less lag and more seems stronger before boost kicks in also.

I am running Map 2. (Map 3 might be to much for the clutch.)

But so far i am liking it.
Only did a small 30min drive a little pull here and their.
The K% was 0.59 (after a reflash of course) and was dropping down to 0.56

It should go down more.
And its like 100F outside. But so far its great.

Ill give it a tank of gas and report any new findings.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Map 3 is fine on my stock clutch. 42k miles tuned.

DHM85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
Here is an overlay. Stock lines are very close until the top end where phearable's inexplicably drops out (Very deceptive practice to use that plot IMO) Looks like pulled timing for knock possibly due to heat soak? And the power/torque tuned is very close with phearable showing more gains in the 3400-4500 rpm range.

In conclusion the "softer mid range with more top end pull" is unfounded as these dynos seem to be comparable since the stock lines (minus the top end drop off) are almost identical. Therefore the phearable actually has a tad more midrange and the same topend.

tsp vs phearable.PNG
Soooooo because of how weak the low end feels it "seems" like there is a big bump in boost on the top end. The butt dyno being lied to. Still beneficial for the clutch since the low end is less, right?

OP
OP
SHAYN3R

SHAYN3R

First Name
SHAYNE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Map 3 is fine on my stock clutch. 42k miles tuned.
I’m still on the stock clutch too. I have about 95,000KM on the car now, probably 75,000KM being tuned. 0 issues whatsoever. Always used map 3 on TSP and now map 3 on Phearable’s tune.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I’m still on the stock clutch too. I have about 95,000KM on the car now, probably 75,000KM being tuned. 0 issues whatsoever. Always used map 3 on TSP and now map 3 on Phearable’s tune.
I think alot of people don't know how to preserve a clutch.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Short trip today but nonetheless great mpg. I was really trying too. Mix of highway and back roads.

Honda Civic 10th gen OFFICIAL Phearable stage 1.5 vs TSP stage 1 comparison 20200714_142626

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag