OFFICIAL Phearable stage 1.5 vs TSP stage 1 comparison

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
If I may ask, do you find any of these tunes safer than the other? I'm a new owner of a 2018 Civic HB Sport and I have never driven a turbo boosted car. On the highway in 6th, I do sometimes progressively give it gas to accelerate and pass but heard that you shouldn't accelerate in 6th due to the torque these tunes churn out. Any insight or tips regarding these tunes and driving habits?
If you're at highway speeds and need to accelerate rapidly, get into the habit of downshifting before you give it the gas. It's a win-win: better for your clutch, and more vroom-vroom
Sponsored

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've noticed that the Phearable tune has two sets of power figures being advertised. The more recent one has a lower "before" horsepower and higher "after" horsepower than what was originally marketed. Not sure what was going on there.
:hmm:

I haven't seen that. A little more transparency on their end would be nice, but hey, marketing.

Maybe some of the early adopters will start to contribute dyno pulls to this thread

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Speaking of top tier tunes, how about this add on the forum. I bet this baby beats them all ?

Honda Civic 10th gen OFFICIAL Phearable stage 1.5 vs TSP stage 1 comparison Screenshot_20200630-125209_Chrome

Cmac

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I also use maperformance stg 2, if anyone has questions about that one.
Excuse my ignorance but are we able to go from basemaps on Ktuner straight to the Phearable or TSP tune? I’m running a CAI and a MAPerformance street exhaust for bolt ons.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Excuse my ignorance but are we able to go from basemaps on Ktuner straight to the Phearable or TSP tune? I’m running a CAI and a MAPerformance street exhaust for bolt ons.
As long as you aren't running an Injen, you sure can. :cool:

Injen intakes are problematic regarding the MAF and generally need some scaling to work properly.

Friction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, Mine is stock except tsp tune. Skipped the base maps.

GreaseCrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 "Clifford" Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2015 Civic EX 5MT
Country flag
If you're at highway speeds and need to accelerate rapidly, get into the habit of downshifting before you give it the gas. It's a win-win: better for your clutch, and more vroom-vroom
I see, thanks! I don't usually vroom vroom too much in 6th, it's usually from 100km/h (60mp/h) to like 120km/h (75mp/h) to pass. Usually sitting 2.5k rpm to 2.9k/3k rpm and building boost while doing it. Sometimes a bit more to 13x km/h (85mp/h). I try not to WOT when I do this and slowly feel the torque build up. I'll try to at least downshift to 5th if not 4th for accelerating to pass though, wouldn't wanna ruin the car!

racingtoys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 si
Country flag
I signed up just to post how happy I am with this tune.

2019 SI

I ran TSP 1 for 8k miles, just installed phearable and did a round trip to and from work ~40 miles.

This tune makes TSP 1 feel like a student driver. My biggest hate about TSP was the jerky shifts, phearable is sooo much smoother, that alone is worth the tune, you will never be able to have shifts as repeatedly smooth as phearable with TSP 1; anyone who defends TSP against this has never had both.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
I won’t make a separate thread just post here with my Canuck fellow member.

This tune is smooth and polished. I’ve had it for a few days (no GOD mode) and the more I drive, the more I love. Map 1 is amazing, well above other tunes and KTUNER base maps.

There have been other posts on other threads that speak of subjective views of power from this tune to TSP Stage 1. This tune has more power....

Stock Goodyear AS tires, TSP Stage 1, map 3 would cook the tires on a roll in second gear. I upgraded to Michelin Pilot Sport AS+3 and most of the spinning was gone. Fast forward to Phearable tune map 3 and it really cuts the tires loose, same as the stock Goodyear.

What amazes me most is how smooth and polished this tune is! Even my youngest son can drive smoothly like an expert on this tune.

There’s no herky jerky on and off throttle, it really is amazing.

Top end power feels slightly better than TSP.

Fuel economy also seems a bit better... time will tell.

Can’t speak to reliability but the engine doesn’t seem stressed at all. Fuel trims better than TSP, K Counts are less transitioning off throttle and zero issues with K Cont.

Can’t speak to GOD mode as I’m stock and don’t want to blow my catalytic converter to hell. I purchased this tune without GOD mode. There are a lot more gurgling below 2000rpm, which sounds really cool.

Last edited:

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag

This tune is smooth and polished. I’ve had it for a few days (no GOD mode) and the more I drive, the more I love. Map 1 is amazing, well above other tunes and KTUNER base maps.

There have been other posts on other threads that speak of subjective views of power from this tune to TSP Stage 1. This tune has more power....

Stock Goodyear AS tires, TSP Stage 1, map 3 would cook the tires on a roll in second gear. I upgraded to Michelin Pilot Sport AS+3 and most of the spinning was gone. Fast forward to Phearable tune map 3 and it really cuts the tires loose, same as the stock Goodyear.

What amazes me most is how smooth and polished this tune is! Even my youngest son can drive smoothly like an expert on this tune.

Can’t speak to reliability but the engine doesn’t seem stressed at all. Fuel trims better than TSP, K Counts are less transitioning off throttle and zero issues with K Cont.

Can’t speak to GOD mode as I’m stock and don’t want to blow my catalytic converter to hell. I purchased this tune without GOD mode. There are a lot more gurgling below 2000rpm, which sounds really cool.
So have you only tried the 'level 1' map so far? Also, does this tune have dual-maps like TSP that change with the sport button?

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
So have you only tried the 'level 1' map so far? Also, does this tune have dual-maps like TSP that change with the sport button?
I’ve gone through all 3. Yes, there is map switching between 3 different maps. Low-19psi, mid 22psi and high 25psi.

The cool thing is that you don’t need to enable Sport Mode to get the power. It almost accelerates better with the suspension softer.

fabrizzio71

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe White Orchid Pearl
Country flag

Thanks for sharing. I am considering this tune now. I currently have TSP stage 1. What other mods do you have?

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Thanks for sharing. I am considering this tune now. I currently have TSP stage 1. What other mods do you have?
Stock, K&N drop in filter.

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
:hmm:

I haven't seen that. A little more transparency on their end would be nice, but hey, marketing.

Maybe some of the early adopters will start to contribute dyno pulls to this thread
I inquired about this, and was told the number difference was because the car was re-dyno'd on a cooler day, which is allegedly where the newly advertised numbers come from.

Honda Civic 10th gen OFFICIAL Phearable stage 1.5 vs TSP stage 1 comparison Screenshot_20200612-180103_Facebook

Honda Civic 10th gen OFFICIAL Phearable stage 1.5 vs TSP stage 1 comparison phearablestage1.5

marcopolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
There are a lot more gurgling below 2000rpm, which sounds really cool.
I'm currently running TSP stage 1, but am interested in this. However, I am not interested in the gurgling. Is there an option to turn that off?
Sponsored