SHAYN3R

First Name
SHAYNE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I imagine it probably handles better on stock clutch too, less slippage from low end torque.
This seems to be the case. Phearable’s torque doesn’t come on as immediate as TSP’s. Hopefully that proves to be a difference maker on the longevity of our clutch.

I've been furtunate with my stock clutch and have not experienced slipping yet with either tune. I'm at 10,500 miles but I don't get on it much in 5th or 6th and for the most part don't beat on it.
I haven’t experienced any either. I’ve been tuned for probably around 60,000km total. I’ve been on TSP’s tune for 20,000+ km and I drive hard - I don’t abuse but I do drive it hard (there’s a difference) - and now I’ve switched obviously to Phearable stage 1. I also have been running a PRL intake + catless DP on both tunes with no issues.
Sponsored

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Can someone please explain to me what is meant by “shifts smoother”? I have TSP stage 1-I’ve always felt smooth shifting is up to the driver. Do the revs drop faster in Phearable tune? What exactly is different? My understanding is that you can’t get the revs to drop any faster unless you go to a lighter flywheel. I’m not trying to be contentious or anything, I genuinely want to know what people are describing that is measurably different.
Revs may drop slower, I think they dialed in the throttle padding better it when getting back on the gas it is a better transition, tsp felt more like on/off kinda jerky at times but phearable is smoother. Not sure how else to explain.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can someone please explain to me what is meant by “shifts smoother”? I have TSP stage 1-I’ve always felt smooth shifting is up to the driver. Do the revs drop faster in Phearable tune? What exactly is different? My understanding is that you can’t get the revs to drop any faster unless you go to a lighter flywheel. I’m not trying to be contentious or anything, I genuinely want to know what people are describing that is measurably different.
A lot of this probably has do to with having "rev hang" enabled or disabled. While many people absolutely hate rev hang of any form because it artificial and doesn't feel like their Civic from 15 years ago, it does promote a smoother experience when off throttle / in between shifts. With KTuner this is toggled with the cruise control button (if you have it setup in the tune itself). In the past I think a lot of people set it and forget it, but people are going back and forth more while playing with the Phearable gurgle feature because the cruise control button toggles it as well.

Reactions: mjh

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When comparing this difference in feel, what throttle and spool up settings are y'all using?

Are they variable like the TSP tune?

There's a definite difference between aggressive throttle and spool settings vs the light ones

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
When comparing this difference in feel, what throttle and spool up settings are y'all using?

There's a definite difference between aggressive throttle and spool settings vs the light ones
Are you sure? The base KTuner tunes allow throttle and spool tweaking but my TSP Stage 1 has those settings locked.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

They are all locked just like tsp. Maperformance tune does allow changes to be made.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you sure? The base KTuner tunes allow throttle and spool tweaking but my TSP Stage 1 has those settings locked.
Advanced VSA definitely has the variables available

I'll need to look again, I've been on custom for a bit now and memory isn't positive now that you bring it up

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Unlike some other thread with rather short comments on long term use, survey and such.
This thread has nice detail merit comparison from users and exchanges on popular tunes to address some of my concerns on tunes.

I am very impress with Phearable so far.

Thank you.

OP
OP
SHAYN3R

SHAYN3R

First Name
SHAYNE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Unlike some other thread with rather short comments on long term use, survey and such.
This thread has nice detail merit comparison from users and exchanges on popular tunes to address some of my concerns on tunes.

I am very impress with Phearable so far.

Thank you.
If you have any questions about any tunes I can offer my honest input. I’ve used Hondata +6 tune, ktuner basemaps, TSP, and now Phearable’s tune.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
If you have any questions about any tunes I can offer my honest input. I’ve used Hondata +6 tune, ktuner basemaps, TSP, and now Phearable’s tune.
I also use maperformance stg 2, if anyone has questions about that one.

Tego0189

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
IMG_20200506_131836.jpg

I'm managing 43 mpg to my daily commute to work on the highway with phearable. I've never seen over 40 mpg with tsp stage 1 and I'm almost full bolt ons.
That's crazy... While on tsp stage 1 my mpg just go down and down even when not driving just idling

Friction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's crazy... While on tsp stage 1 my mpg just go down and down even when not driving just idling
Of course it will go down while idling and not driving... You're traveling 0 miles while using fuel to idle. so you're getting ZERO miles per gallon. This drops the average on the display... ?
Sponsored