OFFICIAL Phearable stage 1.5 vs TSP stage 1 comparison

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Im really curious to try Phearable stage 1 tune only for the smooth shifting. I hate how the car shifts with TSP stage 1, but I love the power it brings.
Does it feel worse shifting than stock?
Sponsored

Masked

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Does it feel worse shifting than stock?
Yes especially 1st to 2nd, it always chatter and I hate it, other gears are fine but sometimes its really tricky to get it right with TSP stage 1, did not had that problem with KTuner basemap and when the car was stock

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Yes especially 1st to 2nd, it always chatter and I hate it, other gears are fine but sometimes its really tricky to get it right with TSP stage 1, did not had that problem with KTuner basemap and when the car was stock
This is good to know, now phearable just needs to offer their tune for free along with the purchase of a ktuner and they might get a sale out of me :p

Last edited:

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag

Chaucer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I have a feeling we will see clutch issues occur at a slower rate with Phearable's tune soley because of the way the boost comes on. It doesn't hit as instant as TSP's, it takes slightly longer to spool hopefully being less aggressive on the clutch too.
Concern about excessive clutch wear is the main thing holding me back from tuning, so I'm hopeful that ends up being the case. I'm planning to wait until after my first oil change to tune, which should be around 7k miles based on my MM, but everything I'm reading is pointing me towards Phearable.

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
I won’t make a separate thread just post here with my Canuck fellow member.

This tune is smooth and polished. I’ve had it for a few days (no GOD mode) and the more I drive, the more I love. Map 1 is amazing, well above other tunes and KTUNER base maps.

There have been other posts on other threads that speak of subjective views of power from this tune to TSP Stage 1. This tune has more power....

Stock Goodyear AS tires, TSP Stage 1, map 3 would cook the tires on a roll in second gear. I upgraded to Michelin Pilot Sport AS+3 and most of the spinning was gone. Fast forward to Phearable tune map 3 and it really cuts the tires loose, same as the stock Goodyear.

What amazes me most is how smooth and polished this tune is! Even my youngest son can drive smoothly like an expert on this tune.

There’s no herky jerky on and off throttle, it really is amazing.

Top end power feels slightly better than TSP.

Fuel economy also seems a bit better... time will tell.

Can’t speak to reliability but the engine doesn’t seem stressed at all. Fuel trims better than TSP, K Counts are less transitioning off throttle and zero issues with K Cont.

Can’t speak to GOD mode as I’m stock and don’t want to blow my catalytic converter to hell. I purchased this tune without GOD mode. There are a lot more gurgling below 2000rpm, which sounds really cool.
Damn you and your awesome review lol. I couldn't hold back and ended up ordering the tune. Can't wait to see how it compares to TSP :headbang:

DHM85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
So the on the cooler day, the car made 11 horsepower and 5 torque less stock, but also made 11 horsepower and 20 torque more tuned?
THIS SHIT! THIS SHIT RIGHT HERE! It all seemed strange how more HP was "found" on a cooler day on the tune when the car's dyno numbers were less on stock, no tune! Regardless though the tune is proving favorable with it's current users than TSP tune so it's still on the top of my list for next mod.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Damn you and your awesome review lol. I couldn't hold back and ended up ordering the tune. Can't wait to see how it compares to TSP :headbang:
Blame @SHAYN3R.... he’s the reason I purchased... lol

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
Received the tune at the crack of dawn this morning. Got it loaded just in time for my lunch break and went out for a spin. I was in map 1 and only drove it for about half an hour but my initial impression is this tune is great. Definitely noticed the smoother shifts compared to TSP like all of you have mentioned. Fuel trims were all within +/- 3% and knock control flat lined at .49. Did a quick pull in 2nd and saw 20psi. Once I rack up some more miles, I'll post a more in-depth review.

DHM85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
Received the tune at the crack of dawn this morning. Got it loaded just in time for my lunch break and went out for a spin. I was in map 1 and only drove it for about half an hour but my initial impression is this tune is great. Definitely noticed the smoother shifts compared to TSP like all of you have mentioned. Fuel trims were all within +/- 3% and knock control flat lined at .49. Did a quick pull in 2nd and saw 20psi. Once I rack up some more miles, I'll post a more in-depth review.
Is TSP stage 1 really that jerky? Never heard of this issue before until compared to this tune. Don't personally have TSP, just stating that this is the first time I heard of this being an issue.

fabrizzio71

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe White Orchid Pearl
Country flag
Is TSP stage 1 really that jerky? Never heard of this issue before until compared to this tune. Don't personally have TSP, just stating that this is the first time I heard of this being an issue.
TSP with rev hang off really goes into vacuum immediately on releasing throttle. This causes engine movement on/off throttle. When shifting, if you don’t time your clutch release and throttle application at the right time, yes there will be “jerking.” I assume this tune doesn’t fully disengage rev hang on/off throttle (adds some throttle padding) for smoother operation. For me, if I want smoothness around town, I just turn on rev hang via the cruise control button. Otherwise, I feel like rev hang off makes me a better shifter-forces me to perfect my technique.

Friction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This whole thread feels like a marketing gimmick to me. And I'm embarrassed to say it's almost working ?. Luckily I'm cheap as hell so I've refrained! I have tsp and its fine. I was fine with stock and didn't care about the rev hang either though... if this was out when i purchased I may have gone this route but I went with what I thought to be the only freebee tune that was available with the ktuner at the time.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
This whole thread feels like a marketing gimmick to me. And I'm embarrassed to say it's almost working ?. Luckily I'm cheap as hell so I've refrained! I have tsp and its fine. I was fine with stock and didn't care about the rev hang either though... if this was out when i purchased I may have gone this route but I went with what I thought to be the only freebee tune that was available with the ktuner at the time.
Very true, everyone's evaluation so far seems to be that it's better than TSP in every way, but I have to assume there must be pros and cons to each tune. With no one saying a bad thing about the Phearable tune makes me think the hidden con may be reliability since no one can speak to that yet :hmm: not that I know anything about creating canned tunes lol

DHM85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
See I'm with ya'll on that. I'm skeptical when it comes to a product with no negatives. That's why it took so long for me to decide on the PRL intake. This thread feels artificial but TSP stage 1 tune went the same way for a long time. I ain't gonna lie I'm being swayed towards the Phearable tune as I don't have the TSP tune for the same reason, holding out until I can find true negatives.
Sponsored