First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Update

I’ve been running the Phearable tune for over a month, in the heat and humidity that we’ve had up here (30C+, 90% humidity). It cools off this past week,so what do I do? Load the TSP Stage 1. Tune is powerful, slight spinning of tires on a 2nd gear roll....wow!

Then I loaded up the Phearable tune after 3 days....Map 1 feels like Map 3 with sport mode on the TSP. I’m even breaking loose in 3rd with traction control light coming on!

Im a Phearable junkie now, an amazing tune.
Sponsored

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I have both TSP and just picked up Phearable's last weekend. Fully concur with everything you've said. I really much prefer it - its just more "driveable" as everyone has been saying. Its nice to not have to hit the CRUISE button on the TSP tune while cruising around parking lots. As others have mentioned as well its just smoother below 3k rpms or so - not as eager as the TSP tune. TSP is like a teenager with a new girlfriend whereas Phearable's is more like a 30 something dating his future wife....

Anyway I do have a question for those running Phearable's with GOD mode - anyone running stock exhaust? I'm not hearing any kind of burbles with the stock exhaust and CRUISE enabled which I thought should engage it. Tried all across the rev range and nothin'. Do you need an exhaust to hear this stuff? Did I maybe mistakenly get the wrong tune?
Love the Corvette racing avatar. They are killing it with the C8R in alms if your following the racing. *Weather tech racing series

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Update

I’ve been running the Phearable tune for over a month, in the heat and humidity that we’ve had up here (30C+, 90% humidity). It cools off this past week,so what do I do? Load the TSP Stage 1. Tune is powerful, slight spinning of tires on a 2nd gear roll....wow!

Then I loaded up the Phearable tune after 3 days....Map 1 feels like Map 3 with sport mode on the TSP. I’m even breaking loose in 3rd with traction control light coming on!

Im a Phearable junkie now, an amazing tune.
+1. I had TSP for 3 weeks and have been on Phearable for the past 4 weeks. No going back now!

Phearable Map 1 does feel similar to TSP Map 3. And Phearable Map 3 still has more to offer! I usually stay on Map 1 and really like how you don't have to toggle Sport mode to get the full benefits of the tune.

VA_Si_Guy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I just recently switched from the TSP Stage 1 tune to the Phearable Stage 1.5 tune and I love it. I purchased the tune after reading this thread and everything I read is spot on.

The TSP Stage 1 has this "wall of power" that hits hard around 3K rpm, no matter how far you dip into the throttle. It's a blast, literally and figuratively, but the power drops off up top which is a bit anticlimactic. The Phearable Stage 1.5 tune smooths out the power delivery down low and then builds and builds all the way to redline, which is a great feeling.

Another big change is that you can actually modulate power with the Phearable tune. The TSP tune is very twitchy; you seem to get nearly the same power delivery at quarter throttle as you do at full throttle. But Phearable has "fixed" this, making it easier to drive at legal speeds.

My butt dyno tells me the Phearable tune has a bit more power on tap in the mid-range, albeit with a smoother delivery, and definitely more up top. I have no doubt that this tune has higher peak output.

One odd thing I noticed earlier today when I was in map three is that when I was not in sport mode, I was only seeing 20 psi on the dashboard, but when I hit the sport button I saw the claimed 25 psi. I thought this tune was supposed to work the same whether you are in or out of sport, so that's a bit confusing. If anyone else has noticed this, please let me know!

xile6

First Name
jermaul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si, 05 scion tc turbo , 98 honda civic turbo
Country flag
@VA_Si_Guy

Dont really run map 3. But on map 2 i get the same boost sport or standard mode.

The one time i ran map 3. It was in standard mode and i did spike to 26psi and then it held 25

VA_Si_Guy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
@VA_Si_Guy

Dont really run map 3. But on map 2 i get the same boost sport or standard mode.

The one time i ran map 3. It was in standard mode and i did spike to 26psi and then it held 25
Thanks for the response. I’ll watch it over the next few days and see if it keeps doing it.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I just recently switched from the TSP Stage 1 tune to the Phearable Stage 1.5 tune and I love it. I purchased the tune after reading this thread and everything I read is spot on.

The TSP Stage 1 has this "wall of power" that hits hard around 3K rpm, no matter how far you dip into the throttle. It's a blast, literally and figuratively, but the power drops off up top which is a bit anticlimactic. The Phearable Stage 1.5 tune smooths out the power delivery down low and then builds and builds all the way to redline, which is a great feeling.

Another big change is that you can actually modulate power with the Phearable tune. The TSP tune is very twitchy; you seem to get nearly the same power delivery at quarter throttle as you do at full throttle. But Phearable has "fixed" this, making it easier to drive at legal speeds.

My butt dyno tells me the Phearable tune has a bit more power on tap in the mid-range, albeit with a smoother delivery, and definitely more up top. I have no doubt that this tune has higher peak output.

One odd thing I noticed earlier today when I was in map three is that when I was not in sport mode, I was only seeing 20 psi on the dashboard, but when I hit the sport button I saw the claimed 25 psi. I thought this tune was supposed to work the same whether you are in or out of sport, so that's a bit confusing. If anyone else has noticed this, please let me know!
Im always in map 3 and never seen that. Always see 25psi with sport on/off.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It may depend on what gear you were in and what rpm you were at in that gear

VA_Si_Guy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
It may depend on what gear you were in and what rpm you were at in that gear
True, but both pulls were in third from 3K rpm to redline. I switched back and forth a few times and the results were repeatable.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
True, but both pulls were in third from 3K rpm to redline. I switched back and forth a few times and the results were repeatable.
Sure it's not TSP loaded up? ?

VA_Si_Guy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Good point
I played around with it again today and saw this:

Map 3
Normal: 20 psi
Sport: 25 psi

Map 2
Sport: 22/23 psi

The targets in sport exceed boost targets in the TSP tune and are spot on for Phearable, so I doubt I have the wrong tune on the car. Plus the power delivery feels way different from the TSP tune. That being said, I'm going to re-flash the Phearable tune and see what happens.

The crazy thing is when I first flashed the tune I wasn't getting lower boost in normal mode. Not sure what happened.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

Map 3

Map 2

The targets in sport exceed boost targets in the TSP tune and are spot on for Phearable, so I doubt I have the wrong tune on the car. Plus the power delivery feels way different from the TSP tune. That being said, I'm going to re-flash the Phearable tune and see what happens.

The crazy thing is when I first flashed the tune I wasn't getting lower boost in normal mode. Not sure what happened.
That's strange, keep us posted. Interesting

Knappy17

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan Red
Country flag

Map 3

Map 2

That can't be right, I would reflash honestly.

xile6

First Name
jermaul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si, 05 scion tc turbo , 98 honda civic turbo
Country flag
That sounds really off.
I run normal mode all the time and still hitting 23psi on pheabale map 2.

I would reflash. Maybe something from tsp stayed in memory.
Sponsored