OFFICIAL Phearable stage 1.5 vs TSP stage 1 comparison

DmK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI
Country flag
You say the phearable is smoother and has a stronger midrange, so what didn't you like about it that made you go back to TSP? What is it about TSP that fits your driving style better?
It's just way too smooth for me, to the point that i don't feel car as I want.
Maybe i just got used to TSP and that's why the phearable with all it smoothness feels little bit sluggish, if it make sense...
Also for me tops feels stronger on TSP
Sponsored

xile6

First Name
jermaul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si, 05 scion tc turbo , 98 honda civic turbo
Country flag
Maybe i just got used to TSP and that's why the phearable with all it smoothness feels little bit sluggish, if it make sense...
Sounds like your looking for a kick.
Ive had after maket turbo cara and you can feel that NA boost switch.

With phearable it kinda feels like straight NA power.

But i like it the best out of hondat 6+ and TSP.
But to each there own. Everyone is different.

No 1 tune to rule them all.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just purchased and flashed it today. Drove like a grandma for about 15min to the nearest gas station with 93. It only took about 7 minutes of normal driving for knock control to come down to .49, but I was seeing major fluctuations in the STFT that I don't think I saw on 19.5/23 Ktuner base or TSP stage 1, so I datalogged my drive home. Anyone else seeing STFT drop to -%25 a few seconds a time usually when letting off the throttle or putting the clutch in, but not always? Should I be worried about fluctuations like that?
Sorry for the delay on this y'all. Thought I would have an opportunity to get a comparable data log with the Phearable tune but as of now I only have one for TSP. This was a hard pull in 4th and 5th gears from about 65 to 130. I was in Map 3 Normal mode which has a target boost of 19.5psi.

Thanks for posting up attachments to your datalogs. Been working busy 12hr rotating shifts all week (It's normal) and have been missing the action in the forum. Can't wait to download and what's up. Mainly looking at ignition timing and boost. I'll post up my fastest custom tune datalog run at the strip so maybe you/we can get a visual on how this would compare (possibly). Again, I'm personally focused on ignition timing and turbo psi. The stock turbo's are only going to pull so much maf g/s so. Will see! My Ktuner software is on my dog slow ancient laptop.

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
Proven how? When someone implies a tune is safe or proven, what exact is proof that you won’t join the others who say their cars working flawlessly with X tune and then BOOM after more miles driven. 90% highway driving, barely giving it gas to not “abuse” the car is hardly using the benefits of a tune.

If you’re scared every time you give it gas because of your tune, then something is wrong.

I would like to see how these tunes hold up on a track with constant full-throttle runs.
this is exactly what scares me about tunes out there. Seems like many people are more concerned with which tune makes the most power, has the hardest pull, is faster in a drag race, etc etc, which is all well and good. And tuners will definitely make those customers happy. But it would be nice to know if track time was somewhere in the tuners thoughts when developing the tune.

Knappy17

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan Red
Country flag
If you are stock get the street version. AFAIK the race version is for a larger diameter MAF housing that comes with race maf air intakes.

The race version will cause your fuel trims to be out of wack because the ECU will be expecting more airflow.
SO if I install the CAI later from 27Won, this won't cause any issues later on?

xile6

First Name
jermaul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It shouldng cause any problems because it the correct diameter for the maf sensor.

The race maf will need a race maf tune.

And my 27won will be here weds so i can let you know what the difference is.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Correct. 27Won has an Si-specific "street" MAF housing for their CAI. Heard they were working on an "race", but I don't think it's out yet.

I have the 27Won CAI in my Si w/ this Phearable tune, and my car runs great!

xile6

First Name
jermaul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Correct. 27Won has an Si-specific "street" MAF housing for their CAI. Heard they were working on an "race", but I don't think it's out yet.

I have the 27Won CAI in my Si w/ this Phearable tune, and my car runs great!
Its out. Was on preorder for those who signed up.
A few people got them last week.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Just purchased. Curious to use something other than the Ktuner base maps

kultofkek

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI, 2003 Honda CRV
Country flag
No prob! I don't think many ppl have seen 20 psi on thier dash, but plenty have seen 19.
on 91 octane i was seeing 22PSI. I bought my SI used and currently i do not have anything on it. It's all stock FYI

fabrizzio71

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe White Orchid Pearl
Country flag
on 91 octane i was seeing 22PSI. I bought my SI used and currently i do not have anything on it. It's all stock FYI
Your car isn’t stock then. Stock map will not allow 22psi. Whoever owned it before you had it tuned and didn’t flash it back.

Jtantuco

luv_SIc
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Just tried out the tune today.. in simple terms i totally agree with what you said, but i like the smoothness! I daily drive hundreds of miles a day and i dont really press on it that much so this tune was perfect.

Driver56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI coupe
Country flag
I've run TSP stage 1 for a little over a year, and Phearable (without GOD mode) for about a week. 93 octane.
My impressions:
Phearable feels smoother and more suited to daily driving, but doesn't feel as fast. TSP felt like it launched better, and because of how aggressive the throttle response was, I could upshift much quicker without waiting for rpms to drop. I prefer Phearable, personally (because I'm old), but TSP is the better bet for purely spirited driving.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Okay so I just flashed this and I'm wondering why my K.con immediately went to 0.59 instead of where it usually sits at 0.49. It was at 0.49 about 99% of the time and only ever went up to 0.50 a few times that I've noticed. Immediately after the flash it went up to 0.59 before I drove the car and stayed there after a bit of driving. Car felt fine otherwise.

Any ideas?
Sponsored