OFFICIAL Phearable stage 1.5 vs TSP stage 1 comparison

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Right now, it sounds like the Phearable tune is the best thing since sliced bread.

"Better power, smoother shifts, better gas mileage and... God mode!!"

Now to be fair, there are a few things we need to see more of. Datalogs, member dynos and of course, long term reliability. TSP has been out there for a couple years and has a fairly stellar track record (although Map 3 is known to be a bit rough on the stock clutch to an extent).
@gtman What is your assessment of the datalogs that were posted. In particular, Gotch's comparison.

Phearable's ignition timing advance seems to be a bit more aggressive.
Sponsored

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
@gtman What is your assessment of the datalogs that were posted. In particular, Gotch's comparison.

I was looking at them last night but was 'toasted' and fell asleep with laptop in hand. :p About to take another looks at them now.
Haven't had a chance to look yet, been busy answering PM's with tuning questions. :cool:

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag

I was looking at them last night but was 'toasted' and fell asleep with laptop in hand. :p About to take another looks at them now.
.... I was about to ask! Lol

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What's tricky about those datalogs is that they are only 30 seconds long.. A better way to do it is 20+ minutes of normal driving with some hard pulls mixed in. Having said that, here we go:

TSP
Honda Civic 10th gen OFFICIAL Phearable stage 1.5 vs TSP stage 1 comparison Annotation 2020-07-12 143055

Phearable
Honda Civic 10th gen OFFICIAL Phearable stage 1.5 vs TSP stage 1 comparison phear

Basically the TSP tune peaked 2psi higher (25.6 vs. 23.7) even though they both were targeting 23.3 psi. In both cases, K.Control jumped a bit on that 3-4 shift you did right after these screenshots I took. With the TSP jumping a bit higher. Basically that doesn't really mean anything definite. The car's knock sensor is really sensitive and it's more to do with that that anything tune related IMO. The other numbers are comparable. But, like I said earlier, a longer drive would be more telling.

Last edited:

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
That is so cool! Thx @gtman !

I’ll see if I can figure out a route to do longer logs.

Looks like the Phearable was a bit faster when I let off. I tried very hard to lift at the same spot. I saw 100mph in less than 15secs by the looks of it.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
What's tricky about those datalogs is that they are only 30 seconds long.. A better way to do it is 20+ minutes of normal driving with some hard pulls mixed in. Having said that, here we go:

TSP
Annotation 2020-07-12 143055.jpg

Phearable
phear.jpg

Basically the TSP tune peaked 2psi higher (25.6 vs. 23.7) even though they both were targeting 23.3 psi. In both cases, K.Control jumped a bit on that 3-4 shift you did right after these screenshots I took. With the TSP jumping a bit higher. Basically that doesn't really mean anything definite. The car's knock sensor is really sensitive and it's more to do with that that anything tune related IMO. The other numbers are comparable. But, like I said earlier, a longer drive would be more telling.
The major issue with a longer data log is synchronizing the logs to be compared to each other. I’ll see if I can accomplish this but it won’t be until next weekend.

Other items I noticed is the TSP runs significantly richer than Phearable. That, along with some more aggressive timing may be where more power comes from “less” boost. Looking at the VSS curves vs time, it looks like Phearable has a few mph advantage.

I ran a simulated 1/4 mile under the same conditions with both tunes for the data logs. That being said, I’ll try and have a go at 3rd and 4th gear pulls starting at 2000rpm.

I need to fix my logging preferences also, they were set up for specific conditions when I was troubleshooting my failed injectors.

Reactions: Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The major issue with a longer data log is synchronizing the logs to be compared to each other. I’ll see if I can accomplish this but it won’t be until next weekend.

Other items I noticed is the TSP runs significantly richer than Phearable. That, along with some more aggressive timing may be where more power comes from “less” boost. Looking at the VSS curves vs time, it looks like Phearable has a few mph advantage.

I ran a simulated 1/4 mile under the same conditions with both tunes for the data logs. That being said, I’ll try and have a go at 3rd and 4th gear pulls starting at 2000rpm.
Really appreciate your posting your logs. Looks like you hit 95mph in 12 seconds with the Phearable tune and 13 seconds with TSP tune.

OP
OP
SHAYN3R

SHAYN3R

First Name
SHAYNE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Wonder what happen to the OP and additional feed backs on drivability since the install?
I’m here. I gave a brief update a few pages back. I’ve probably put about 2500kms on this tune and it still continues to impress me. It’s been incredibly hot where I am as of late and I must say that this tune still has some balls even when it’s 35+ Celsius out.

I went out on some backroads last night since it cooled off quite a bit and I’m still 100% certain this car pulls much harder than my TSP tune.

The tune has been super reliable and I’ve seen improved mileage as well. I leave it in map 3 all the time and have no issues. I found myself when using TSP that I’d have to switch to map 1 when hyper-miling in order to get my desired fuel economy due to the aggressive throttle response. Like I said, now with Phearable it just stays in map 3 and I still get better mileage than if I were to be in map 1 on TSP.

I still recommend everyone to give this tune a shot if you’re looking for more out of your TSP tune, you won’t be disappointed.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So....what do we attribute the faster feeling too? More ignition advance? Higher boost? A combo of the two?

Looking at the two datalogs, I am not seeing anything that jumps out at me. I'm a newbie! So I think I am missing the point. :)

xile6

First Name
jermaul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si, 05 scion tc turbo , 98 honda civic turbo
Country flag
How is the lower end in power?

Tsp feels a tad laggy to me. Gotta rev it up or cruise in higher rpm

OP
OP
SHAYN3R

SHAYN3R

First Name
SHAYNE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
How is the lower end in power?

Tsp feels a tad laggy to me. Gotta rev it up or cruise in higher rpm
Phearable is similar in that aspect. Especially once you lay into it, it takes a bit for boost to build. It’s not like the Ktuner basemaps with their immediate low end.

xile6

First Name
jermaul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si, 05 scion tc turbo , 98 honda civic turbo
Country flag
Phearable is similar in that aspect. Especially once you lay into it, it takes a bit for boost to build. It’s not like the Ktuner basemaps with their immediate low end.
Thanx.
Thats what i am trying to figure out. Which is best for me :(

I like low end feel hondata has as it feels more autocross like.
And is good for the streets. But it does run out up top.

Ktuner and tsp is nice but i just felt like i need to stay in the 4k rpms to get moving.

On phearable can you adjust low end or turbo response or is it all locked ?
Sponsored