arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Note that those two maps are not very comparable. TSP Map 1 is factory boost, while Phearable's Map 1 is 19.5psi boost.

TSP Map 1:
"Map 1: Factory boost levels and turbocharger response. "

Phearable Map 1:
"Level 1: Low Boost / ~19.5psi**"

A closer comparison would be TSP Map 3 (without sport) and Phearable Map 1.
TSP Map 3:
"Map 3: 19psi normal, custom boost level "Sport" mode, Improved Turbocharger Response II"
In case you forgot, Honda advertises max stock boost at 20.3psi for the Si...

I think Phearable Map 1 vs TSP Map 1 is a valid comparison.
Sponsored

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very interesting thread. @Gotch 's posts are convincing on the power.

I just read through 10 pages of this tune in comparison to TSP and it doesn't look like anyone has any hard numbers to compare the two. No before and after dyno numbers. No before and after 1/4 mile numbers. No before and after Pro-Torque 0-60 to 1/4 mile numbers.

Can anyone post up a wide open throttle datalog comparing the TSP tune to Phearable? Seeing what the boost, ignition timing, maf g/s, etc looks like should be able to let folks know what's going on.

If my car wasn't in the shop, I'd been more than happy to contribute to this thread with this info. Seems the car feels better to drive and gets better gas mileage though, from what most here are saying. Just looking for some hard numbers and/or data. Just reading this thread for the first time today. Will be glued to it.

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 6MT
Country flag
Very interesting thread. @Gotch 's posts are convincing on the power.

I just read through 10 pages of this tune in comparison to TSP and it doesn't look like anyone has any hard numbers to compare the two. No before and after dyno numbers. No before and after 1/4 mile numbers. No before and after Pro-Torque 0-60 to 1/4 mile numbers.

Can anyone post up a wide open throttle datalog comparing the TSP tune to Phearable? Seeing what the boost, ignition timing, maf g/s, etc looks like should be able to let folks know what's going on.

If my car wasn't in the shop, I'd been more than happy to contribute to this thread with this info. Seems the car feels better to drive and gets better gas mileage though, from what most here are saying. Just looking for some hard numbers and/or data. Just reading this thread for the first time today. Will be glued to it.
I posted in another thread that I’m doing a dyno bone stock (2020 Si with 6300 miles), flashing the Phearable tune once we pull the car off the dyno, then driving it to lunch and back for a total of 30-40 miles and then getting back on the dyno to dyno each of the maps with a 10-15 min cool down between pulls. That’s as scientific as I can get it.

Ktuner with Phearable tunes arrives Monday and dyno is the next day. As I said, not flashing until the stock pulls are done. I’ll certainly make a post with the results Tuesday evening.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Weather is a bit cooler tonight. I’ll try and get a data log of a 1 thru 4 gear pull and post it. I’ll run map 3. I’ve got 91 octane in the tank right now so it might pull timing.

I’ll run the Phearable tune first, flash TSP, get K.Cont down to 0.49 and run it on the same road, same direction.

Last edited:

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Ok, these were about 20mins apart. I tried to duplicate as best as I could each run, shift points, launch, temps etc.

NLS used for both runs, throttle was pegged 1 thru 4.

Attachments

Last edited:

Rich19Si

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Speaking of establishing baseline pulls, has anyone done a before and after with TSP since we’re all pretty much asking for one using the phearable tune?

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
Very interesting thread. @Gotch
I've got a WOT throttle pull from 60 to 130 in 4th and 5th gears with TSP stage 1 map 3 normal mode. I will try and get one with Phearable stage 1 map 1 for comparison.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
In case you forgot, Honda advertises max stock boost at 20.3psi for the Si...

I think Phearable Map 1 vs TSP Map 1 is a valid comparison.
Phearable Map 1 vs TSP map 1.... there is no comparison and it’s not really a fair fight. Boost is higher in the Phearable map 1 than TSP.

From seat of the pants, Phearable map one is about the same as TSP in map 3 non-sport mode.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Phearable Map 1 vs TSP map 1.... there is no comparison and it’s not really a fair fight. Boost is higher in the Phearable map 1 than TSP.

From seat of the pants, Phearable map one is about the same as TSP in map 3 non-sport mode.
Exactly

Tsp map 1 is factory specs
Tsp maps 2 and 3 are the same. They have different targets in sport mode

To be able to get better comparisons with Phearable you have to compare with TSPsport mode

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Another interesting observation...

I only did a quick review of the data logs (plus I really suck at interpreting them...lol). K Cont only rose to 0.51 on Phearable and to 0.68 on TSP. It also took forever to come back down ( I drove home on TSP)

I flashed Phearable this morning and K.Cont started at 0.59 (normal) and came down to 0.49 within 2kms.

Not sure how or why, same fuel as last night and approximately same temperatures.

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 6MT
Country flag
Another interesting observation...

I only did a quick review of the data logs (plus I really suck at interpreting them...lol). K Cont only rose to 0.51 on Phearable and to 0.68 on TSP. It also took forever to come back down ( I drove home on TSP)

I flashed Phearable this morning and K.Cont started at 0.59 (normal) and came down to 0.49 within 2kms.

Not sure how or why, same fuel as last night and approximately same temperatures.
Again, I feel better every post having purchased the Phearable tune now. I must admit that when I first read a post about their tune and “god mode” option I rolled my eyes and dismissed it. However, after reading some feedback from users it seems the tune is spectacular; they do need to rethink the marketing behind the “god mode” option - it is embarrassing (in my opinion).

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Wonder what happen to the OP and additional feed backs on drivability since the install?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Right now, it sounds like the Phearable tune is the best thing since sliced bread.

"Better power, smoother shifts, better gas mileage and... God mode!!"

Now to be fair, there are a few things we need to see more of. Datalogs, member dynos and of course, long term reliability. TSP has been out there for a couple years and has a fairly stellar track record (although Map 3 is known to be a bit rough on the stock clutch to an extent).
Sponsored

Last edited: