Official launch photos/videos of 2016 Civic Coupe

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
My guess would be maybe the sedan is more aerodynamic? It would make sense, given the worse MPG number by the coupe.
Probably right. I don't care it's better then my 6 cyl pontiac g6 and as fast so I am happy regardless. Now I am waiting on Si info making no mistake on the right new car.

87Si89Base16EXT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX-T '13 Accord Sport '08 Scion xD '94 Altima
Given the weight savings from the sedan i seriously doubt it, Motortrends 0-60 times on the new civic turbo have been way off so far, so i take what they estimate with a grain of salt. However, i have heard on previous gens of the sedan being faster than the coupe, but only by about .1-.2 seconds. nothing noticeable in daily driving, maybe because the sedan is heavier it suffers from less wheel spin off the line.
Just read the MotorTrend piece and although a little confusingly written, it states their test vehicle was an LX coupe 6-speed. So 7.8 0-60 compares favorably with what I've seen for the same in the sedan.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Yeah blue coupes are gonna fly off the shelf ha I know they can't fit on shelves

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Yea if the heavier but more aerodynamic sedan is 6.8 -7.2 coupe has to be almost identical like 6.9 -7.3

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Just read the MotorTrend piece and although a little confusingly written, it states their test vehicle was an LX coupe 6-speed. So 7.8 0-60 compares favorably with what I've seen for the same in the sedan.
Oh I thought it said only tested turbo model I will read all that later

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ah, that makes sense. I was going to say, their 0-60 numbers seemed more on par with the 2.0L rather than the 1.5T which we've all seen pulling numbers in the mid to high 6's.

Honestly, any economy minded compact (or midsize for that matter) pulling less than 8 seconds to 60 is great. The new civics are actually faster than most of the compact and midsize offerings from Chevy, Kia and Hyundai (even their higher end turbo trims are pulling low 8's). Really only the mazda3 and Golf compare in performance, and the civic still bests them in MPG ratings.

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone established what the weight difference between the coupe and sedan is?

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone established what the weight difference between the coupe and sedan is?
Comparing LX coupe manual to LX sedan manual the weight difference is 26 pounds according to Motortrends weight listing of their test car.

2,716 for the coupe manual, 2,742 for the sedan manual. I'd expect the weight savings to carry across the trim lines as such.

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Comparing LX coupe manual to LX sedan manual the weight difference is 26 pounds according to Motortrends weight listing of their test car.

2,716 for the coupe manual, 2,742 for the sedan manual. I'd expect the weight savings to carry across the trim lines as such.
To everyone saying the coupe would be faster because of less weight, 26 pounds of sprung weight is not going to make a difference in speed. I would say the aerodynamics would make a bigger difference than weight.

matt9595

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Blazer
Will the Honda sensing be a single as a package for all trims like the sedan
Sponsored