Official Honda Civic Hatchback press release pics for Paris show debut

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This looks amazing... i'm surprised nobody mentioned the black interior pillars and headliner yet... that is a huge plus for me since i can't stand light colours lol... The wheels look like they're like a gunmetal/black as opposed to the sedan/coupes silver/black look... there are some features the US for sure won't get but i'm not at all mad about most of them really...

i just wanna see my next car, the Type-R, officially unveiled already...
Sponsored

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Accord Sedan 6-6, 2008 Honda Pilot
Country flag
That's if we get one, no signs point to one as of right now but I'm hoping we get one as well. As for me I personally don't want any of the Honda sensing suites, I'm an old skool guy so I prefer some of the old technology ( which I know we won't get anymore), only thing I'd like is a sunroof. Nav I got on my phone lol so Just give me the SI with 6 speed manual and cloth seats I'm fine with haha. Oh and the manual handbrake, hopefully the Type R comes with one seeing as its suppose to be track focused.
No signs point to an Si sedan either, but I figure we'll get one of those. ;)

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
My point is - why do we think we're getting a sedan and not a hatch?
Because we've had a sedan Si since 07 and they're a BIG seller. There would be no reason to make a sport and si version of the hatch from Hondas perspective. Also, because there're no Sport or Sport versions of the coupe or sedan, that's why.

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Accord Sedan 6-6, 2008 Honda Pilot
Country flag
Because we've had a sedan Si since 07 and they're a BIG seller. There would be no reason to make a sport and si version of the hatch from Hondas perspective. Also, because there're no Sport or Sport versions of the coupe or sedan, that's why.
Yes, and we had an Si hatch from 1985 through 2002, and it sold quite well during many of those years.

I feel comfortable betting that we'll see an Si sedan, but we've got no official confirmation of that. Yet, the main argument people posit re: why we won't have an Si hatch is that Honda hasn't officially confirmed it.

I would argue (and have argued) that there is not only a reason to make a sport and and Si hatch, and in fact that it would make no sense NOT to - if we had gotten a Sport Touring with a stick, I would have considered that virtually absolute proof that there'd be no Si hatch - but since we didn't (and we don't even get an 6MT EX), I consider it likely that we will. I also consider it likely that we'll see a "Sport" sedan at the MMC - but regardless, it's all just conjecture.

In terms of real information, we have no confirmation of either. Car and Driver and I both think that we'll see three versions of the Si, but the only one we can be fairly sure of is the coupe, since we've seen it.

I think there is plenty of reason to be pessimistic about the chances for a 5 door Si - but not based on anything official from Honda. All we have is armchair bullshitting by all of us. Which is, of course, entertaining.

TechSIguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R CW
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My point is - why do we think we're getting a sedan and not a hatch?
I think we'll get the SI in the hatchback form. The only reason that I have some doubts is because we've had the sedan since 07 and coupe since 99 and they haven't stop making them since they're so popular in the US, the fact that the Type R is coming in hatchback form leads me to think that they want to preserve the hatchback for the Type R to have some differences between them, but like you said its all Bsing from all of us lol so we'll have to wait and see. If we do get the hatchback I will strongly consider it too.

Braxford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Civic EX Sedan
Wow. I can't wait to upgrade to the Sport edition. Looking over the pics, I'm surprised Honda's still implementing the rather useless touch volume for the radio. I've had my car for a year now, and I've never used it. I adjust the volume on the steering wheel only. Furthermore, it's dangerous to look down and adjust volume using this slider.

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Honda Civic Hatchback press release pics for Paris show debut ZJ86Ksr

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here is another picture and it is clearly not panoramic. Rear seat headroom looks ok. This is also a better shot of the trunk.

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Honda Civic Hatchback press release pics for Paris show debut Honda-Civic-Fuenftuerer-2017-Sitzprobe-1200x800-3b28a993deb896c3

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Honda Civic Hatchback press release pics for Paris show debut Honda-Civic-Fuenftuerer-2017-Sitzprobe-1200x800-4bd88ed4ac81887d
love all of these pics here... can't wait to see more of the hatchback...

Any confirmed subwoofer in the back somewhere? I'd really rather have the option at least for a built-in subwoofer than to have to install one aftermarket... maybe something like the sub placement in the back of the CR-Z...

do the back seats recline at all? seat belt on the roof for the center seat?

more pics please!!

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
Country flag
Come interesting comments from Honda.

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/first-look/brand-new-honda-civic

"The car’s project leader Mitsuru Kariya tells Top Gear they need time to get it right because us European drivers are the most demanding in the world. The Americans, you see, get the five-door very soon. He says that version is a bit inferior to ours in its chassis. And the US has had a very similar-looking four-door for many months now – another notch down, he admits."
Sponsored