un hombre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 1.5 Sport+GT White
Country flag
Fellow Americans may also find it quite interesting and useful:

oil.JPG
And by the way, I have asked around and found out that if you want to use amsoil ss 0w20 or similar European quality oils (that don't meet oil requirements by Honda but far exceed them) you are out of luck - dealership may deny you the warranty. This is even a official statement from Millers oils, that does similar to amsoil quality oils.

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
And by the way, I have asked around and found out that if you want to use amsoil ss 0w20 or similar European quality oils (that don't meet oil requirements by Honda but far exceed them) you are out of luck - dealership may deny you the warranty. This is even a official statement from Millers oils, that does similar to amsoil quality oils.
Mate, can you pls more specific? what warranty dealership will deny? what would be the reason for denial? Have you ever heard of Manguson-Moss warranty act?
please make sure you share legit info because people read this forum and statements like yours may mislead them. cheers

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mate, can you pls more specific? what warranty dealership will deny? what would be the reason for denial? Have you ever heard of Manguson-Moss warranty act?
please make sure you share legit info because people read this forum and statements like yours may mislead them. cheers
The Manguson-Moss Warranty Act has no bearing in Ireland. (OP is not from the U.S.)

OP
OP
un hombre

un hombre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 1.5 Sport+GT White
Country flag
Hey mate, yes, I heard about your Manguson-Moss act - I would not mind having something like that in Europe...

However, it seems the approach here is a bit different and the oil quality specs here are a bit more specific.
In the picture above, manufacturer specifies the allowed oil types - by viscosity and ACEA rating.

If you use something that does not meet the criteria, you may be in trouble. I need to do more research on this, but this is how it seems to work here.

This also means, that Amsoil SS 0w20 does not meet these criteria in Europe. Basing on this spec, only SS 0w30 is allowed as it is ACEA A5/B5 however I am not so sure about using a 0w30 on this engine...

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
Hey mate, yes, I heard about your Manguson-Moss act - I would not mind having something like that in Europe...

However, it seems the approach here is a bit different and the oil quality specs here are a bit more specific.
In the picture above, manufacturer specifies the allowed oil types - by viscosity and ACEA rating.

If you use something that does not meet the criteria, you may be in trouble. I need to do more research on this, but this is how it seems to work here.

This also means, that Amsoil SS 0w20 does not meet these criteria in Europe. Basing on this spec, only SS 0w30 is allowed as it is ACEA A5/B5 however I am not so sure about using a 0w30 on this engine...
Oh yeah, I feel your pain. Being originally from Russia I know how the dealers are on that side of the planet. Lol. There you have to service the car at the dealer, you DIY - warranty voided right away. Stupid as f**k but such is life. Fixing to do my first oil change on my hatch (5k on the clock) with Ams SS0w20 and run analysis on the next change, see how it performed and go from there. Anyhow, hope you're enjoying the car!

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag

What are you not sure of? Honda is saying that weight is okay...
Sponsored