OFFICIAL Drag-strip 1/4 Mile Time Thread (Gen X Si Only)

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Any recommendations on tire pressure ? I tried the launch control at 2800rpm and I thought I was gonna drop the tranny there with the violent shaking lol
Haven't been able to test different tire pressures enough to make any recommendations. Did you fully disable traction control via the code though? Also, how were you launching. Were you applying most of your throttle before clutch engagement, while holding 2step, or after? Also how much throttle did you apply? Any short shifting of 1st or 2nd?
Sponsored

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Haven't been able to test different tire pressures enough to make any recommendations. Did you fully disable traction control via the code though? Also, how were you launching. Were you applying most of your throttle before clutch engagement, while holding 2step, or after? Also how much throttle did you apply? Any short shifting of 1st or 2nd?
Yes fully disabled and flashing. Launching around 3,000 and feathering the clutch. I tried dropping the clutch at 2,800 and it just got very bad wheel hop. Shifting at 6500

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes fully disabled and flashing. Launching around 3,000 and feathering the clutch. I tried dropping the clutch at 2,800 and it just got very bad wheel hop. Shifting at 6500
Were you applying full throttle when holding the 2step/low rev limit, before launching, or just 20-50% or so?

Reactions: SiX

THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Country flag
Alright so I just got back from my first time at the track.
Let me just say, wow this car has the worst wheel hop I have ever experienced. It shows in my first time slip of the night:
60’ 2.620
ET- [email protected]
Run 2 (missed 4th)
60’ 2.248
[email protected]
Run 3
60’ 2.319
[email protected]
Run4
60’ 2.282
ET [email protected]

Tire pressure was 34 and it was 86 degrees out.
Was hoping to break 13’s and 100 trap speed but it didn’t work out tonight.

344FCD28-B04D-44B1-A90A-D6187C067D28.jpeg

E87C09C7-5895-4DCC-A6AD-77B96CAD0712.jpeg
Wheel hop? Did you disable the traction control? And what mods done to the car?
Friend of my with a type R forgot to disable VSC once and broke an axel

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wheel hop? Did you disable the traction control? And what mods done to the car?
Friend of my with a type R forgot to disable VSC once and broke an axel
Yes, disabled.
I have ktuner running the 23 psi map with flex fuel enabled. Roughly 38% ethanol.

THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Country flag
Yes, disabled.
I have ktuner running the 23 psi map with flex fuel enabled. Roughly 38% ethanol.
Did you do the pedal dance to fully disable or disable via KTuner? Only wheel hop I've had on mine is with it fully on. I run hondata on a e85 blend with intake and intercooler and piping, gets into the 13s but I'm still putting together for $ for clutch and flywheel, honestly surprised my factory clutch has taken the abuse as well as it has but it's done for. Wheel hop could be track conditions, probably wouldn't hurt to take your tire pressure down tho

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you do the pedal dance to fully disable or disable via KTuner? Only wheel hop I've had on mine is with it fully on. I run hondata on a e85 blend with intake and intercooler and piping, gets into the 13s but I'm still putting together for $ for clutch and flywheel, honestly surprised my factory clutch has taken the abuse as well as it has but it's done for. Wheel hop could be track conditions, probably wouldn't hurt to take your tire pressure down tho
Did the pedal dance. What mph are you getting ? I’m waiting on @Two Step Performance with their new clutch reveal before pulling a trigger. What psi do you recommend?

THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Country flag
Did the pedal dance. What mph are you getting ? I’m waiting on @Two Step Performance with their new clutch reveal before pulling a trigger. What psi do you recommend?
I custom tune. 103mph with clutch letting go a bit in the mid range when making peak power. Honestly the 23psi is a good target. I've hit 25 or 26psi with the scramble but the stock turbo was puttering out past the 23 or 24 mark. Really running past that you're running the risk of killing it, but if you're trying to find a way to justify spending money on a new turbo then by all means, blow that bitch up. Mines a daily driver tho

THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Country flag
I custom tune. 103mph with clutch letting go a bit in the mid range when making peak power. Honestly the 23psi is a good target. I've hit 25 or 26psi with the scramble but the stock turbo was puttering out past the 23 or 24 mark. Really running past that you're running the risk of killing it, but if you're trying to find a way to justify spending money on a new turbo then by all means, blow that bitch up. Mines a daily driver tho
After the clutch 27WON DP/FP combo and their turbo coming up next, think with the right tune I'll be in the 11s, might need some chassis work for that too tho, remains to be seen

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
After the clutch 27WON DP/FP combo and their turbo coming up next, think with the right tune I'll be in the 11s, might need some chassis work for that too tho, remains to be seen
You're gonna need slicks to hit low 12's, let alone 11's. If you go 27WON downpipe route, I suggest pairing it with a bigger (3") front pipe, as opposed to the combo which comes with a 2.5", as this seems to be leaving power on the table based on the handful of dynos we've seen.

THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Country flag
Also I'm going clutch masters sprung clutch and a lighter single mass flywheel. The DMF can't be refinished and I'm not trying to take it all apart and find out it's beyond saving which I'm assuming is the case since I've put it thru hell

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you plan on custom tuning that full 27won setup also?

THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Country flag
You're gonna need slicks to hit low 12's, let alone 11's. If you go 27WON downpipe route, I suggest pairing it with a bigger (3") front pipe, as opposed to the combo which comes with a 2.5", as this seems to be leaving power on the table based on the handful of dynos we've seen.
Slicks are a given. 3" all the way back not really needed until hitting the 450 mark. I'm not trying to get past that for the sake of reliability on a daily driver. Soon as iternals start hitting the market in combination with PRLs big turbo kit I'm sure we'll see a 900hp 10th gen in the near future but let's be real you're not waking up in the morning and driving that to work
Sponsored