OFFICIAL Drag-strip 1/4 Mile Time Thread (Gen X Si Only)

SiX

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
Country flag
Improved results thanks to @Two Step Performance, their Stage 1 tune means business. Rev hang is a thing of the past, but it will take some time to figure out how to launch, and peak each gear now.

R/T: .352
60': 2.273
1/4: 14.454
MPH: 95.67

I'll add one more:
MPG: 30.

View attachment 109220

Honda Civic 10th gen OFFICIAL Drag-strip 1/4 Mile Time Thread (Gen X Si Only) pict
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

SI_honda_2k17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si
Country flag
I’m sure you will improve with practice. I’ surprise to see no improvement with your mph though given the additional hp?

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep. ~50 whp gain... I was hoping to see a 14-flat. I looked it up on a couple of those ET calculators, with your existing 60 ft times, everything is way down in the mid-13s at near 100 mph ET assuming car+driver is 3100 lbs.

With a solid launch, using NLS, shifting over 6000 RPM, and good conditions I'd think you have another 1/2 second to shave off. Your stock run that pretty much matched the TSP run was pretty outstanding @SiX. I think you'll improve on it given some practice. I was hoping someone would post a run w/the TSP Stage 1. Thanks for sharing.

SiX

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
Country flag
Isn’t someone here doing 95mph stock ?
I hit 96 and change on a couple of different passes last night as well. The TSP Stage 1 has more top end, but I don't know how to use it yet. I'll post some of the fastest speeds and different launch RPMs.
Yep. ~50 whp gain... I was hoping to see a 14-flat. I looked it up on a couple of those ET calculators, with your existing 60 ft times, everything is way down in the mid-13s at near 100 mph ET assuming car+driver is 3100 lbs.

With a solid launch, using NLS, shifting over 6000 RPM, and good conditions I'd think you have another 1/2 second to shave off. Your stock run that pretty much matched the TSP run was pretty outstanding @SiX. I think you'll improve on it given some practice. I was hoping someone would post a run w/the TSP Stage 1. Thanks for sharing.
NLS is definitely the next step (or lack thereof), and with the different feel of the top end I'll need to re-learn the sweet spots. Even 'better', I missed 5th. Here's a clip from the TunerView before I figured out I had my camera in SD. I was lined up with a newer STI variant. Slip to follow.

Full disclosure:
Driver weight: 135lbs (add another +10lbs for cameras, laptop, and 1/2 eaten enchilada)
R/T: .475
60': 2.244
1/4: 14.529
MPH: 95.26

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I hit 96 and change on a couple of different passes last night as well. The TSP Stage 1 has more top end, but I don't know how to use it yet. I'll post some of the fastest speeds and different launch RPMs.

NLS is definitely the next step (or lack thereof), and with the different feel of the top end I'll need to re-learn the sweet spots. Even 'better', I missed 5th. Here's a clip from the TunerView before I figured out I had my camera in SD. I was lined up with a newer STI variant. Slip to follow.

Full disclosure:
Driver weight: 135lbs (add another +10lbs for cameras, laptop, and 1/2 eaten enchilada)
R/T: .475
60': 2.244
1/4: 14.529
MPH: 95.26

You shouldn’t be shifting into 5th in the 1/4. There’s your issue lol

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
You shouldn’t be shifting into 5th in the 1/4. There’s your issue lol
He's gotten a 14.5 1/4 mile time bone stock, I wouldnt doubt that he knows what hes doing.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
He's gotten a 14.5 1/4 mile time bone stock, I wouldnt doubt that he knows what hes doing.
If he is running the same time with a flash then he should adapt a different driving technique like he mentioned. Try staying in 4th for instance

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not sure what the top of 4th is, but it has to be well over 100. Even if you're up to the point where power is starting to fall over 6000 RPM, interrupting power to shift would hurt you. I tried looking for a top speed per gear table on here but didn't see one. I feel like I was in the mid-80s winding out 3rd... so, yeah, 5th sounds like one gear too far. I recall seeing about 4000 RPM @ 70 MPH in 4th, which would.make me think it's about 110 (actual math works out to around 114)... certainly higher than a trap speed you'd make it to (faster than I'd ever drive).

This not to say you don't know what you're doing @SiX. Your stock time of ~14.5 is outstanding. I would try and wind out 4th further. You could be looking at making up a couple tenths by eliminating a 4th to 5th shift.

I don't make it to the drag strip, so I get to live vicariously through times you post on here... with a car with the same tune you're running now. :thumbsup:

SiX

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
Country flag
If he is running the same time with a flash then he should adapt a different driving technique like he mentioned. Try staying in 4th for instance
I shift into 5th after the end line...so it's all about getting a few extra mph after I've geared out 4th and before I slow down. I'd like to cool off the engine with a little air using 5th (a la direct injection), so figured it was the next logical choice of gears.

The shift miss isn't important to the timing, but if you don't like rev hang...that explains the blip at the end (i.e. the tune is great). Didn't want someone to blame the tune, rather than the driver :)

FYI the end line is the cone before the checkers. The brake line is the checkers.

Last edited:

SiX

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
Country flag
Since every track is different, perhaps a little background is helpful:

The quarter mile at PIR is just a subsection of the entire racetrack, you have to brake fairly quickly and take a hard left before looping back to the starting line. 4th has plenty left when I cross the 1/4 mile timing line, but it used to gear out just past checkered line---around 107mph before I put on the TSP Tune and Ktuner. I can finally see my speeds, revs, and timing information to re-calibrate my launches. However, for those in the area, Friday and Saturday nights are only $35 to partake, and the guy racing the 8th gen civic was an unreasonably pleasant gentleman.

Couple of notes:
1) The end line is indicated by the first set of cones (the front one is knocked over---careless driver)
2) Once I cross that line, I'm no longer looking at speed or revs just trying to safely have some fun without *another* speeding ticket
3) The brake line has checkers and is the last marker on the straight
4) That bright light on the left hand side is where to turn off...and it comes up quick
5) I figure it's better to back off full throttle, and accelerate into 5th and cool it down that way

Last edited:

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Since every track is different, perhaps a little background is helpful:

The quarter mile at PIR is just a subsection of the entire racetrack, you have to brake fairly quickly and take a hard left before looping back to the starting line. 4th has plenty left when I cross the 1/4 mile timing line, but it used to gear out just past checkered line---around 107mph before I put on the TSP Tune and Ktuner. I can finally see my speeds, revs, and timing information to re-calibrate my launches. However, for those in the area, Friday and Saturday nights are only $35 to partake, and the guy racing the 8th gen civic was an unreasonably pleasant gentleman.

At PIR:
1) The brake line is indicated by the first set of cones (the front one is knocked over---careless driver)
2) Once I cross that line, I'm no longer looking at speed or revs just trying to safely have some fun without *another* speeding ticket
3) If you notice in other videos, the track runs out quick, so I have to cut it short, so if I switch to 5th I figure it's better to cool it down that way

Looking forward to seeing you progress ! Considering to go to our track here in south Florida,
Palm beach international raceway to see what I can polish off

Reactions: SiX

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
Can the OP gather all the times and create a list of everyone that posted here?

In terms of acceleration is a bit disappointing seeing that in avg a modded 10th SI is stuck at the same times as lightly modded n/a generations.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Can the OP gather all the times and create a list of everyone that posted here?

In terms of acceleration is a bit disappointing seeing that in avg a modded 10th SI is stuck at the same times as lightly modded n/a generations.
I know that’s what it seems like from gathering your data from above, but for what it’s worth I lined up with a 9th gen si a few weeks ago and we both we both got on it at the same time. Needless to say I walked away from him hard. My only mod was a ktuner with Vit Stage 1 (unnoticeable from the 23psi base map). I since then have only added a flex fuel kit and I go out to local meets with cars that are in the 102 mpg trap speed in the 1/4. I either stay with them or gain a slight edge from a rolling start.
Now a full bolt on 8th/9th gen si CAN pull away from a ktuner/ hondata flashed 10th gen, but it will take a lot more money.
My point is I have 2 mods and a bolt on previous gen si wont touch me. We do need more time slips of other cars for comparison though. I know someone on this board has an ex-t and traps 102 as well.
If anyone here is in south Florida and wants to ride to PBIR tonight for test and tune let me know !
Sponsored