Sofa King

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L hatch
Country flag
Same! I've come to accept the fact that our cars will ultimately be plagued by satans spawn known as pollen. ? BUT, my car still looks good though, minus the occasional bird poop on the hood that i just noticed not too long ago. ?
My Civic got bird shit on the hood at work a week after I got it. I knew not to just wipe it off due to grit in the droppings. Washed it 10 hours after it happened, still has stains. Local detail shop looked at it and knew right away it was bird doody, said they wouldn't suggest correcting it, might buff through the clear coat or paint. It's only noticable if you know where to look, but "I" know where it is.
Sponsored

The Bad Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP Si Sedan, 06 G6, 15 Silverado
Country flag
Found some on my spoiler the other day. Hoping to wash and wax the car tomorrow and just accept the pollen that will come. It has been at lest 6 months since the last time i have, so it needs it bad. Not too much of a price to pay for the nicest color tho.
You know, you're right, but that Lunar Silver just speaks to you.

Sofa King

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L hatch
Country flag
Oh yeah my car has been yellow since march but cleaning it during pollen season only means it will be covered again the next day. Especially since my school parking lot is surrounded by trees.
I keep a California Car Duster at all times to get pollen off. Between my Civic and my girlfriends Mercedes E-350 station wagon in black most of my life is now keeping cars clean.

SpenAfon

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You know, you're right, but that Lunar Silver just speaks to you.
Lunar silver does look nice, but something about the white looks super nice as long as it has the white wheels to match

The Bad Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My Civic got bird shit on the hood at work a week after I got it. I knew not to just wipe it off due to grit in the droppings. Washed it 10 hours after it happened, still has stains. Local detail shop looked at it and knew right away it was bird doody, said they wouldn't suggest correcting it, might buff through the clear coat or paint. It's only noticable if you know where to look, but "I" know where it is.
LMAO! "But I know where it is" ? ?? That part literally spoke to me. ??

SpenAfon

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I keep a California Car Duster at all times to get pollen off. Between my Civic and my girlfriends Mercedes E-350 station wagon in black most of my life is now keeping cars clean.
oh i'll definitely look into buying one of those

The Bad Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Another member mentioned the car duster, but part of me feels it'll just scratch the car after collecting what is just picked up after a few passes. :dunno:

Sofa King

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L hatch
Country flag
For what it's worth, Turtle Wax Hard Shell paste wax seems to protect well from bird and bug damage. It's a PITA to apply, a Harbor Freight random orbital buffer to apply helps. Sometimes the old school stuff works the best.

SpenAfon

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For what it's worth, Turtle Wax Hard Shell paste wax seems to protect well from bird and bug damage. It's a PITA to apply, a Harbor Freight random orbital buffer to apply helps. Sometimes the old school stuff works the best.
Yeah that's what I use, and it was a massive pain to apply. The end result was amazing tho

The Bad Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I can see myself now, "am i applying enough pressure?" *few minutes later, still in the same spot* ?

Sofa King

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L hatch
Country flag
Another member mentioned the car duster, but part of me feels it'll just scratch the car after collecting what is just picked up after a few passes. :dunno:
I was concerned about that as well. I only use it if something can be removed by blowing on it. Dust or pollen, for example. I bought it when I had a Vette, (also black, glutton for punishment) which had never seen a machine car wash, no scratching or anything. It's acts like a magnet, must be static or something. And like a cast iron skillet, the more you use it the better it gets.