Official CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL Civic Thread

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
Picked up my new Touring Thursday.
As much as I want to gripe about the ivory headliner you don't notice it much.

Attachments

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
I had ordered a MSM Touring but after comparing both MSM and Crystal Black Pearl, I changed to the black. It helped that the black had arrived the day before and the MSM ETA was still in question. I'm picking mine up Nov 21st when cleaned up and all options/ accessories are installed.

Honda Civic 10th gen Official CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL Civic Thread 1632-f4f8f02d4465e5378ccfc648cef230be
Honda Civic 10th gen Official CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL Civic Thread 1642-5d8a5e9b03174580499b207b5feea90f

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
One thing that's annoying is that the interior top is bizarrely not also black. Nor grey. It's closer to a cream.
Don't understand at all.
Ivory, and it looks good in mine, IMHO

Honda Civic 10th gen Official CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL Civic Thread interior.JPG

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Gotta give the win to CBP here in this lighting. MSM looks real good under sunlight but duller under clouds. But get that CBP dirty and it might be a different story heh.

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
They are both so close and good looking, it's hard to pick. Being an older fart and a little more reserved, I can live happily with both but ended up picking the black due to interior ivory colour and availability. The dealer (not my salesman)said the next batch of Touring models may not arrive until March but this could be a sales tactic. I was already sold on the black anyways.

///Mookster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I had ordered a MSM Touring but after comparing both MSM and Crystal Black Pearl, I changed to the black. It helped that the black had arrived the day before and the MSM ETA was still in question. I'm picking mine up Nov 21st when cleaned up and all options/ accessories are installed.

1632-f4f8f02d4465e5378ccfc648cef230be.jpg
1642-5d8a5e9b03174580499b207b5feea90f.jpg
Nice, can't really ever go wrong with black. Is that your car in the image? What accessories are you having installed?

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
Nice, can't really ever go wrong with black. Is that your car in the image? What accessories are you having installed?
Yes, that's my Civic in the avatar, picture I took after the test drive. I pick it up Friday Nov 20th now instead of the 21st 'cause someone at the dealership doesn't feel like going in on Saturday I guess. Wish I wasn't 2 1/2 hrs away.

The only extras I'm getting are the Honda 7yr/200,000 km warranty (to cover known turbo longevity issues), rubber floor mats, rubber trunk tray, rear mudflaps, paint treatment and interior treatment. The paint treatment gives me a 10 year warranty on paint damage and perforation. I have this on my current 2006 Civic and the paint still looks good. The interior treatment gives 10 years on staining, wear and damage on fabric and leather. I'm going to live with it for a little before buying the $600 rear wing spoiler (accessories are three to four times the US price). If I put the wing on it I have to remove the lip spoiler they stick on the trunk.

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
A turbo in general has a limited life I hear. They spin at a very high rate and tend to have a shorter life. Honda has the carbon build-up issue on the back of the intake valves figured out I'm sure so that will help prevent chunks of crap finding their way into the turbo and grenading the thing. Carbon build-up happens because the back of the valve doesn't get washed by the gas any more due to direct injection right into the combustion chamber. This was a big problem on a few pre 2010 Audi turbo engines. EcoBoost has this issue when driven for short distances in colder climates. I'm trusting Honda has engineered this problem out.
Sponsored