mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I saw a black Coupe in the highway today. It was gorgeous. This is the first time I saw a black Coupe.
I see many Civics here in Toronto and they are mostly white and sedans.

Definitely, black is the best color for the Civic Coupe. Not sure if I want one because of the high maintenance. BTW, black or not, I don't mind watching the car every 1-2 weeks.
Sponsored

Mattman1206

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring
I saw a black Coupe in the highway today. It was gorgeous. This is the first time I saw a black Coupe.

Definitely, black is the best color for the Civic Coupe. Not sure if I want one because of the high maintenance. BTW, black or not, I don't mind watching the car every 1-2 weeks.
I love my black touring coupe. I wash it once a week and use quick detailer between washes. I enjoy cleaning my black beauty.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I love my black touring coupe. I wash it once a week and use quick detailer between washes. I enjoy cleaning my black beauty.
How do you handle swirls? Do you use the 2-bucket wash method?
I see your car is 1-2 years old. What do you do to keep the car clean in the winter? Any scratches or paint defects?

Mattman1206

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring
I b
I see your car is 1-2 years old. What do you do to keep the car clean in the winter? Any scratches or paint defects?
My car only has 11,000 miles. I bought it new this year. I do not get swirls when I wash it. I do get scratches, and there's a small paint defect on the roof. I am working with Honda to get that fixed. As for winter. This will be my first winter with it. I usually wash my vehicles on warmer days in the winter. If it's above freezing and it's dirty, I will wash it.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Mattman1206: Thanks for your reply.

I am going back and forth between a black (CBP) and grey (MGM). Maybe grey is easier to maintain.

Mattman1206

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring
Mattman1206: Thanks for your reply.

I am going back and forth between a black (CBP) and grey (MGM). Maybe grey is easier to maintain.
I would not buy a CPB, if I had to do it over again. I love the color, but it's a beast to maintain.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I would not buy a CPB, if I had to do it over again. I love the color, but it's a beast to maintain.
Words of wisdom.
But look at the pictures in Sadsushi post above.

Hence the dilemma.

DoubleDown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
I would like to know other's wash method as well. The carwash that I go to uses towels that have caused fine swirls. I've never washed any of my cars in the past, but I'm going to start washing it myself with fine detail.

Knowing what I know now, I would definitely get CBP again. Absolutely. There's a beautiful flake that's very striking under the right sun light. This is the first car that I loved inside and out, and CBP is a part of that. Either way, I hope you get that coupe. I think it's the best body style tbh.

Civiccoupe16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic coupe EX T HS
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Hey it was probably me. I drive across the city on hwy 401

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Hey it was probably me. I drive across the city on hwy 401
Yes, I was on 401 west bound around 6PM on Tuesday,
If it was your car, did you just wash it? It was a great looking coupe!

Last edited:

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I would like to know other's wash method as well. The carwash that I go to uses towels that have caused fine swirls. I've never washed any of my cars in the past, but I'm going to start washing it myself with fine detail.
According to the he experts, the proper way to wash the car is the 2-bucket wash with grit guard. One bucket for soap water and the 2nd bucket to rinse. Also, microfibre wash mitt is recommended. Sponge is no good because small particles can be trapped and they may scratch the car.

Some hard core detailers will even use a air blower to dry the car. The drying cloth may cause swirls.

Last edited: