Official CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL Civic Thread

Notmighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accords couple ex-l 6cylinder 1999 Si 96k greddy turbo kit
yeah black looks great with tint, i'm scheduled to go on December 10th. probably go with 20% on doors and hatch and 50% or 30% on the windshield, windshield will depend on how dark it looks once the rest is done. i'll definetly post some piccs once its done.

Notmighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally got around to starting the "new car" detail. Took it to a delve serve car wash, brushless of course. Drove it home dried it off with meguiars wax and dry spray, the moved onto meguiars liquid polish applied by hand with microfiber pad. I'm about 75% done just have the roof and 2 drivers side door left. Then I'll apply meguiars liquid wax with a DA polisher, followed up by a coat of meguiars paste wax applied by hand. Then I can have the front end wrapped with 3m or xpel clear paint protection.

Honda Civic 10th gen Official CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL Civic Thread 20161124_112801

Honda Civic 10th gen Official CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL Civic Thread 20161124_120522

Honda Civic 10th gen Official CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL Civic Thread 20161124_172747

Notmighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That gloss is breathtaking...

My CBP severely needs a wash/polish/wax
Thanks it was much easier than I expected, I used all Meguiars store bought products with a little elbow grease. started w/ a self serve pressure wash, wiped it dry with Meguiars wax as you dry spray. followed up by 2 coats of Meguiars liquid polish applied with a microfiber applicator pad, buffed off by hand with a high quality microfiber towel. and final the final step I applied 2 coats of Meguiars liquid wax, first coat applied in horizontal pattern and 2nd coat vertical then buffed off with high quality microfiber. now its time to detail the inside.

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks it was much easier than I expected, I used all Meguiars store bought products with a little elbow grease. started w/ a self serve pressure wash, wiped it dry with Meguiars wax as you dry spray. followed up by 2 coats of Meguiars liquid polish applied with a microfiber applicator pad, buffed off by hand with a high quality microfiber towel. and final the final step I applied 2 coats of Meguiars liquid wax, first coat applied in horizontal pattern and 2nd coat vertical then buffed off with high quality microfiber. now its time to detail the inside.

Interesting. Why would you wax while you dry, and then apply polish and more wax....?

What I do is....wash, dry, clay, polish and then wax.

Notmighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. Why would you wax while you dry, and then apply polish and more wax....?

What I do is....wash, dry, clay, polish and then wax.
I used the wax while drying spray because I didn't use a wash mitt/brush at all and the wax/dry spray has lubricants in it help release any dirt particles and avoid/limit scratching. Mine was new so I was able to skip the clay bar except for a few spots.

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Steel wheels and Hubcaps for the winter...not pictured: newly purchased EX-T wheels (from CivicX member) for the Spring/Summer and part of Fall.

Honda Civic 10th gen Official CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL Civic Thread IMG_2452.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Official CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL Civic Thread IMG_2449.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Official CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL Civic Thread IMG_2455.JPG

Last edited:

Notmighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That Gloss is insane!
Thank You very much! I'm gonna start a journal thread with some additional progress pictures, never was a fan of black cars but they look great all polished up.

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Thank You very much! I'm gonna start a journal thread with some additional progress pictures, never was a fan of black cars but they look great all polished up.
Are you finding that the polish is what really brings out the shine?

I think I read the wax doesn't provide shine, it's just a protectant.
Sponsored