Official COSMIC BLUE Civic Thread

Swiper185

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan
I purchased the cosmic blue 2016 Honda Civic EX-L as well, with all 3 illumination features installed. I have to say, the blue interior illumination does compliment the exterior quite nicely. If the interior leather was offered in black, it would improve the aesthetics imo. I will upload pics tonight when it gets a little darker. Will be changing my fog lights to blue/white too as well as a tint but the tint won't be done immediately.
Sponsored

markhu

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX, 2010 Subaru Legacy
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What is the default fog light color? Is the color change just bulbs?

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
If the interior leather was offered in black, it would improve the aesthetics imo.
Go figure. The not black interior is the biggest thing pushing me to this color vs. lunar silver.

Swiper185

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FYI, to all those interested in accessories: show this website to the dealerships' financial manager - http://www.collegehillshonda.com/category/2016-honda-civic-sedan-accessories.html . The dealership I bought mine from matched all the prices and added labor to it allowing me to get the parts installed for a reasonable price without voiding my warranty. ALSO, IF THE DEALER ASKS IF YOU WANT REMOTE START ADDED (remote start + passive alarm = $750 or so) DECLINE THE REMOTE START. IT IS STANDARD ON ALL 2016 MODELS. Luckily, I didn't become a victim of this trap and just got the passive alarm installed.

pwschuh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6-speed
Country flag
ALSO, IF THE DEALER ASKS IF YOU WANT REMOTE START ADDED (remote start + passive alarm = $750 or so) DECLINE THE REMOTE START. IT IS STANDARD ON ALL 2016 MODELS. Luckily, I didn't become a victim of this trap and just got the passive alarm installed.

Incorrect. Remote start is NOT standard on all 2016 models.

Swiper185

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
oh nvm, u have an LX lol oops I guess only EX-T+

Last edited:

Razer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HR-V
Here are a few pics of Cosmic Blue directly beside Modern Steel and Lunar silver. Man that Cosmic is dark!

Honda Civic 10th gen Official COSMIC BLUE Civic Thread 1
Honda Civic 10th gen Official COSMIC BLUE Civic Thread 2
Honda Civic 10th gen Official COSMIC BLUE Civic Thread 3

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
It will either be this color or modern steel in a hatchback for me. Leaning more towards this blue since my current car is the atomic metallic blue. I really like the flakes in the paint.

Ikabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Accord Touring
Country flag
It will either be this color or modern steel in a hatchback for me. Leaning more towards this blue since my current car is the atomic metallic blue. I really like the flakes in the paint.

Ikabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Accord Touring
Country flag
The first time I saw the Cosmic Blue color swatch in the 2016 Civic brochure, I thought it was the color for me. Yes, the other colors were very nice but the CBM was a very unique color and looked very classy. I also figured it might not be as popular as the others. So, when I visited the dealer I asked to see one. It looked even nicer in person. It was beautiful, especially coupled with the grey interior and it was my choice. After having it for over 10 days, I can agree with others in this thread that it does seem to change colors in different lighting conditions. In the darkness of evening it stands out in the moonlight.... it's romantic. In other lighting it is hard to see that it's even blue, looking nearly blackish....masculine looking. I'm wondering whether it begs for some window tinting....we'll see. When I arrived home with my new car, one of my neighbors remarked that she wondered who that sexy guy was in that sexy car...I knew then I had made the right decision! (and that she had very good judgement)
All the other colors are very nice too, but beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and to me the Cosmic Blue Metallic is outstanding. I think it will be a rarity, too. I like that.
I love my new Touring, everything about it.

Attachments

Last edited:

mjones5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot, 2004 Honda CRV, 2006 Honda Civic
The first time I saw the Cosmic Blue color swatch in the 2016 Civic brochure, I thought it was the color for me. Yes, the other colors were very nice but the CBM was a very unique color and looked very classy. I also figured it might not be as popular as the others. So, when I visited the dealer I asked to see one. It looked even nicer in person. It was beautiful, especially coupled with the grey interior and it was my choice. After having it for over 10 days, I can agree with others in this thread that it does seem to change colors in different lighting conditions. In the darkness of evening it stands out in the moonlight.... it's romantic. In other lighting it is hard to see that it's even blue, looking nearly blackish....masculine looking. I'm wondering whether it begs for some window tinting....we'll see. When I arrived home with my new car, one of my neighbors remarked that she wondered who that sexy guy was in that sexy car...I knew then I had made the right decision! (and that she had very good judgement)
All the other colors are very nice too, but beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and to me the Cosmic Blue Metallic is outstanding. I think it will be a rarity, too. I like that.
I love my new Touring, everything about it.
love the color and can't wait to get one
Sponsored