crimson-civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BNP 2017 Civic Sedan EX-T
Country flag
The BNP thread doesn't get enough love.
I washed and waxed my EX-T for the first time today. Love the color:

Honda Civic 10th gen Official BURGUNDY NIGHT PEARL Civic Thread 20161229_144718 Honda Civic 10th gen Official BURGUNDY NIGHT PEARL Civic Thread 20161229_145414

airgas1998

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' civic touring sedan
Country flag
I don't get the thinking on Honda's part...buddy of mine has bnp, and if it's not sunny out it's black. I guess if you lived in LA or something where you can appreciate the true color maybe, but it doesn't work here in Iowa in the winter months anyway.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I don't get the thinking on Honda's part...buddy of mine has bnp, and if it's not sunny out it's black. I guess if you lived in LA or something where you can appreciate the true color maybe, but it doesn't work here in Iowa in the winter months anyway.
Ya but it's a treat when you get to see the purple on a sunny day after you wash it. Very rewarding paint colour to keep nice imo, its like 2 colours in 1. @crimson-civic looks gorgeous!

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Grab the pitchforks! Get him!

In all seriousness - I like the uniqueness of it. Yeah, with shorter and cloudier days in winter, you don't get that pop of the burgundy as much. I like how its more of a subtle transition effect, and its got a deeper gloss to it than the CBP. But its more satisfying knowing that you own a unique color. I've never seen another BNP on the road.

BurgundyK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FC 1.5 Turbo (Touring)
Vehicle Showcase
Grab the pitchforks! Get him!

In all seriousness - I like the uniqueness of it. Yeah, with shorter and cloudier days in winter, you don't get that pop of the burgundy as much. I like how its more of a subtle transition effect, and its got a deeper gloss to it than the CBP. But its more satisfying knowing that you own a unique color. I've never seen another BNP on the road.
It's one of the classiest civic x colors to me. It's got a sparkle, it's got depth, and it shines real good after a nice detailing session. It can also do both the chrome-y or blacked out/gun-metal looks quite well.

crimson-civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Only thing that's missing: tires!
Yeah... I garnered enough wife-aggro buying all of the cleaning and detailing supplies after buying the car. I could forego the tire shine for now.

crimson-civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's one of the classiest civic x colors to me. It's got a sparkle, it's got depth, and it shines real good after a nice detailing session. It can also do both the chrome-y or blacked out/gun-metal looks quite well.
I originally wanted a dark red, but the BNP didn't look that great on honda's site, especially paired with the Ivory interior. The color combo on the website reminded me of a mid-nineties Ford Taurus my parents have, so I went in aiming for Modern Steel Metallic initially. However, after seeing the color in person, I love it over the other color choices.

It's definitely a color that looks way better in person than in photos. I get the dark red I want, and the red is subtle enough that it doesn't stick out like a Highway Patrol magnet on the freeway.

LoveToDrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX MT, 2015 Si (RIP)
I don't get the thinking on Honda's part...buddy of mine has bnp, and if it's not sunny out it's black.
I actually LOVE the warmth of the black of the BNP on cloudy days. The hue is so rich, warm, deep, and classy! When I look at CBP now on a cloudy day, it gives off such coldness that it doesn't make me want to hug it like my BNP! :p

ES EF ED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L , 2011 CTS-V
Country flag
Anyone install a black grill & sport wheels on thier BNP yet ?

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Somebody buy my Canadian turbo decal side skirts BNP of course. Brand new, took off my old car day 1. Super minor scratches will buff out easily.
Honda Civic 10th gen Official BURGUNDY NIGHT PEARL Civic Thread IMG_0121.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Official BURGUNDY NIGHT PEARL Civic Thread IMG_0122.JPG

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
Waiting for my own EU spec Midnight Burgundy Pearl Sedan ... shall be posting a few pics in a couple of weeks :)