Puma

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I'm liking the Gramlights! Who did your PPF? I live in NH, right over the border of Mass.

Thanks!
Protection Plus in East Longmeadow did the PPF and then Pro & Local detailing did the ceramic coating (excellent detailer, check his Instagram). I’m on the CT border of Mass. Springfield area

Ruckus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R. 2012 Honda Ruckus. 2001 civic sedan. 2012 accord sedan.
Country flag
ive never talked with somebody who owns both. how do you think they compare?

mark5092

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 AB Honda Honda Civic Type R, 2017 SG Ford Focus RS
Country flag
ive never talked with somebody who owns both. how do you think they compare?
I’ve had my Type R for 5 weeks and only about 700 mi now. I really like how it looks and how comfortable it is. RS is very comfortable also. Purchased the RS new in June 2017. The RS is a very good car. The clutch and shifting is much better in RS and the AWD is awesome. The RS is rough over bumps where my Type R is much smoother. Both cars handle very well. Just put a set of Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires on RS. Fantastic set of tires! Would like a set on the Type R. My RS is real aggressively tuned and will absolutely run away from the Type R. Off the line, my RS is very strong and can just leave most V8’s with RWD then they have to try and run me down if they can. Roll on much closer against V8. RS accelerates in 6th gear from about 3000 RPM real strong on highway. Like not having to downshift. I really love the Type R and so glad I got it but overall the RS is better to me. Looking forward to tuning the Type R but I doubt it will be able to run with the RS, certainly not from stand still. As I had said, the AWD is really good in the RS. I like that the Type R will pull to redline on stock tune where an RS on stock tune will flatten out at 5000 rpm. I haven’t been on stock tune in RS for long time now, but I believe the RS was still quicker. Honda did a good job on the FWD. Hope that helps answer your question!

mark5092

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 AB Honda Honda Civic Type R, 2017 SG Ford Focus RS
Country flag
Everyone loves the Focus RS, until the rear end shuts off and the head gasket explodes.
My RS has been flawless. HG was replaced per recall in March 2017. Dealer did fantastic job on repair and not a single issue. Car was even stronger after HG replacement!

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
added this over the weekend...will post more pictures when Mugen kit is installed.

upload_2019-9-17_7-26-21.png
kit installed...expensive plastic, but fit and finish is no less than factory...and the fact I can order the kit already painted was a no brain-er for me. :)
Honda Civic 10th gen Official Aegean Blue Type R Picture Thread IMG_3055

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Aegean Blue Type R Picture Thread IMG_3053

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Aegean Blue Type R Picture Thread IMG_3054

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Aegean Blue Type R Picture Thread IMG_3061

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Aegean Blue Type R Picture Thread IMG_3060

Added couple additional shots...from the side, the car looks fantastic! :)

Last edited:

zelmo

First Name
Romy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2020 Honda Pilot
Country flag
kit installed...expensive plastic, but fit and finish is no less than factory...and the fact I can order the kit already painted was a no brain-er for me. :)
IMG_3055.jpg

IMG_3053.jpg

IMG_3054.jpg

IMG_3061.jpg

IMG_3060.jpg

Added couple additional shots...from the side, the car looks fantastic! :)

The Thanos rear jaw really doesn't come unpainted?