Froggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe LX (Energy Green Pearl), 2018 Civic Hatch (Rallye Red)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea the way it works, it somehow peels off right at the edge of the emblem perfectly. Although there was a TINY part of one of the sides that lifted up like a fraction of a millimeter. I'm going to see if it's noticeable in the light tomorrow. May fix it as I'm a little OCD. It's super easy, you should try it!
Interesting - thanks!

I looked the product up; unfortunately it's not legal for personal use in my state.
Sponsored

biggyb87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2003 Toyota Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know where you can get some cheap license plate plugs and touch up paint so you can remove the front license plate frame?

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
Does anyone know where you can get some cheap license plate plugs and touch up paint so you can remove the front license plate frame?
I found some plastic caps to plug holes at lowes and check eBay it amazon for the touch up paint.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting - thanks!

I looked the product up; unfortunately it's not legal for personal use in my state.
Did somebody mention Plastidip?! :p

Dipyourcar.com makes a CA legal product. I'm not 100% sure if they sell it in spray cans or just gallons. Check them out.

Here's my car. The blue is currently hiding, but it's there :) By far the best OEM color, but that green is sharp on the coupe too.
Honda Civic 10th gen Official AEGEAN BLUE Civic Thread 2016-05-19-17-40-

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My first attempt at Plasti-Dip! I'd never used it before and I think it's a pretty cool product so I gave it a whirl on the rear Honda emblem.....
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Would it not be easier to buy a new emblem, paint it black, and just swap them out?

Blues

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T
Would it not be easier to buy a new emblem, paint it black, and just swap them out?
That was how I thought it worked too at first. But once you try the product it is VERY easy to do in half an hour. Much easier than removing and replacing the entire emblem.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Removing the emblem is definitely more work than dipping it. Blues went a tad overboard with the masking, but I don't blame him. Over-spray rubs off with a microfiber very easily.

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That was how I thought it worked too at first. But once you try the product it is VERY easy to do in half an hour. Much easier than removing and replacing the entire emblem.
Just curious. I've never had any luck with plastidip. It always starts peeling when a pressure washer is used. My experience anyway.

kilograph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I may have embellished the color just a bit on this first one. :D

Honda Civic 10th gen Official AEGEAN BLUE Civic Thread img_20160626_181006-
Honda Civic 10th gen Official AEGEAN BLUE Civic Thread img_20160626_174150-