Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

MeetThePete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R, 2005 S2000, 1985 Corolla GTS
Country flag
Wished they would of made BB for US in 2020 only as well.
Why? It’s unfortunate for our Canadian friends that they don’t get to have BB in 2021, but what purpose would excluding this color for the US do other than to make 2020 BB owners feel special? Let people have a chance at getting what they want. Glad they upped the US production numbers for 2021 boost blue type Rs. More chances of meeting other BB friends in the wild.

Coqui

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Boost Blue
Country flag
I think it should of been same thing w sonic grey..make those colors specific for a certain year, alil more rarity to see on road. Only reason I bought R was the boost blue. I was originally waiting on 2021 Supra to be released to get one in Refraction Blue, similar color to boost blue. Went R cuz color and manual, which was a plus over the auto/paddles supra

MeetThePete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R, 2005 S2000, 1985 Corolla GTS
Country flag
I think it should of been same thing w sonic grey..make those colors specific for a certain year, alil more rarity to see on road. Only reason I bought R was the boost blue. I was originally waiting on 2021 Supra to be released to get one in Refraction Blue, similar color to boost blue. Went R cuz color and manual, which was a plus over the auto/paddles supra
But Honda did make a year-specific color for the Type R. It’s called Phoenix Yellow ?.

FWIW, boost blue is a color unique to only the type R and is not in any other current Honda offering. Internet cool points aside, it’s still a type R that drives pretty damn well for a modern car. Enjoy it in good health. I look forward to seeing new members join the boost blue ranks here, even if it’s at the cost of my internet clout and exclusivity ?.

TheGenocyber

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 - Racing Blue
Country flag
I still wish Honda would have kept the Aegean Blue in addition to the Boost.
I used to say that too until I saw the boost blue in the flesh... it's a really nice colour...

I actually ordered Aegean Blue but when they shut the plant down for COVID, they stopped producing / sending MY19 cars to Australia once it was back up again. So I ended up with my car and I'm glad I did...
Sponsored