Official: 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Specifications & Features, Press Kit, Pricing

taigebu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I know that taigebu. My question is, why did they omit compass in the EX. It makes no sense since sedan EX has the compass.
What I'm saying is that the sedan EX doesn't have the compass as per the Honda Specifications... Only the Ex-L with navigation has it !

Honda Civic 10th gen Official: 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Specifications & Features, Press Kit, Pricing civicSedanSpecs

lzaffuto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX and 2001 Jeep Cherokee Classic
Country flag
Compass probably uses the GPS to figure out travel direction.

CEXT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX Turbo
Country flag
The manual will probably be slower than the CVT, and you will feel the turbo lag a lot more. Based on dynos, the engine is very peaky with most of the power between 5000-6000 rpm, which is where the tac needle resides with a CVT.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
The manual will probably be slower than the CVT, and you will feel the turbo lag a lot more. Based on dynos, the engine is very peaky with most of the power between 5000-6000 rpm, which is where the tac needle resides with a CVT.
I'll take that bet.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Does anyone know if in the LX/Sport, the trunk has a release button on the trunk, or do you have to open the driver door and pull a lever? Cause that'd be a show stopper for me.

Edit: never mind, looks like all trims have the same trunk release.

Last edited:

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Does anyone know if in the LX/Sport, the trunk has a release button on the trunk, or do you have to open the driver door and pull a lever? Cause that'd be a show stopper for me.
None of them will have a "trunk release" button since it doesnt have a power tailgate so youll have to go in and press a button

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
None of them will have a "trunk release" button since it doesnt have a power tailgate so youll have to go in and press a button
The EX-L hatch I saw yesterday had a button on the trunk to release it. I'm wondering if the LX/Sport will have this.

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
It's way less peaky than the 2.0. Torque peak is at 1700rpm for the 1.5T. Once the turbo spins up, it should have a steady supply of torque from 2000-5500 rpm or so.

CEXT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX Turbo
Country flag
Maybe because it's hard to dyno CVTs, but most dynos i've seen show the torque builds up and peaks at 4000 rpm. It doesn't have a flat torque curve like other turbos.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
The EX-L hatch I saw yesterday had a button on the trunk to release it. I'm wondering if the LX/Sport will have this.
Did it have the split buttons at the bottom for remote start too or is it just three big buttons where the bottom one is for remote start only like Ridgeline?

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
It will be, not probably. This has already been proven in China, where they've had 1.5 turbos with manuals for a while. Journalist tests, as well as official numbers from Honda state the manual is slower, by at least a tenth of a second. One thing the Chinese journalists did say concerning the manual, is that it felt easier to go faster, compared to the CVT.
Sponsored