Official: 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Specifications & Features, Press Kit, Pricing

Ma_deuce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500, 2002 ZX2, 2017 Si Coupe
Sport works really well for me. I want a manual trans lighter than the EX, don't want the sunroof or lanewatch and I'll pull the head unit out for my own stereo system anyway.
Sponsored

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
If that is your reason to buy an Impreza..... I feel bad for you lol
The list of missing features in the Sport is a mile long. Unfortunately I'm used to torque, and the Impreza has none.

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Chances are they'll give you a fix-a-flat kit, and no spare tire at all.
The parts catalogs are available online already, and show the hatch having a spare.

And the subwoofer's in the side panel, not inside the spare like some hatchbacks.

mvance30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 si
The list of missing features in the Sport is a mile long. Unfortunately I'm used to torque, and the Impreza has none.
its the same as the accord sport. Its supposed to be a "sporty" LX we've been used to this since what? 2013? 2012?

My choice was always the EX for the accord, you can still get manual in an EX and has more better features I think and rides nicer but is still just as "fast"

mvance30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 si
Sport works really well for me. I want a manual trans lighter than the EX, don't want the sunroof or lanewatch and I'll pull the head unit out for my own stereo system anyway.
and thats why they offer it. some people don't want the "luxury" features of the EX.
Personally having having lanewatch on my SI and owning 3 different convertibles, I'm all for the lane watch and sunroof but thats just personal choice.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
its the same as the accord sport. Its supposed to be a "sporty" LX we've been used to this since what? 2013? 2012?

My choice was always the EX for the accord, you can still get manual in an EX and has more better features I think and rides nicer but is still just as "fast"
Which is what a lot of us would buy if there was a 6MT EX Civic hatch. Hopefully they're just saving that for the Si.

SoichiroSan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport, '17 Si coupe
UUUUGGHHH, I had my heart set on a sport with the 6 speed manual, but a 4 speaker audio system and no variable windshield wipers? Really Honda? I'm definitely buying a 2017 GTI sport now.
The GTI Sport is a nice trim. Everything you need, nothing you don't. That said, I'm looking at dealer inventories, and it isn't exactly cheap. Why would you be cross-shopping this with a Civic Sport hatch? Maybe you can wait for the Civic Si? I mean, I wouldn't blame you for pulling the trigger on the GTI. It sure is nice. :)

Markdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2010 Civic LXS, 2007 Civic EX
Not sure why there is such a huge efficiency penalty from the sedan touring to the sport touring hatch. Clearly CVT gearing must play a role. Sedan is 5.5L per 100km highway and hatch is 6.6. This is 20% worse. Then add 10%+ for premium fuel and you are 30%+ worst cruising down the highway for 6HP gain which you won't even benefit from. 60-70 LB heavier hatch might play a very small part. Not a commuter's hatch.

bsirk3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EXL with sensing Ordered.
I thought it was supposed to have remote start, or did I just miss it in the above specs?

*edit- found it

Last edited:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THE TAINTMOBILE 9000
mmmmm see I was thinking of getting a civic sport hatch and afterwords spend some money on a cold air intake and, more importantly, a hondata reflash. That would bring the horsepower figures to around that of the mk 7 gti and the torque to that of the mk 6 gti. This combined with the incentives that many Volkswagens dealers are offering would put the two cars within about 800-1500 dollars in terms of price. (I do a lot of highway miles so the extra fuel economy seemed enticing)

OP
OP

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Not sure why there is such a huge efficiency penalty from the sedan touring to the sport touring hatch.
Wheels. Those 18s are likely heavy and contributing to a large decrease in efficiency. And the wider tires contribute as well.

DeKay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic
Country flag
Wheels. Those 18s are likely heavy and contributing to a large decrease in efficiency. And the wider tires contribute as well.
The 2017s are also being tested to tougher government standards vs. the 2016s. Someone else guesstimated a one or two mpg hit from that.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not sure why there is such a huge efficiency penalty from the sedan touring to the sport touring hatch. Clearly CVT gearing must play a role. Sedan is 5.5L per 100km highway and hatch is 6.6. This is 20% worse. Then add 10%+ for premium fuel and you are 30%+ worst cruising down the highway for 6HP gain which you won't even benefit from. 60-70 LB heavier hatch might play a very small part. Not a commuter's hatch.
The 2017 sedan will drop the same amount, due to more stringent EPA testing. The Accords dropped as much as 2 mpg in 2017 models.