Official: 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Arrives This Fall w/ 1.5-Liter Turbo, 6-Speed MT, Apple Carplay

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It would be interesting to see the ages of people who say they like or dislike the hatch. I feel like Honda designed this with a specific group in mind.
I'm 26, and I think it's ugly. Granted, I think all hatches are ugly. As far as ugly hatches go, though, it's okay. I'd warm up to it more if it were a 2-door.

Civic_Honey627

Can't hide from the cops in this one!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe Energy Green!!!
Country flag
It would be interesting to see the ages of people who say they like or dislike the hatch. I feel like Honda designed this with a specific group in mind.
I don't think age is a factor, it's simply whether a person likes hatchs or not. To me, this car doesn't look 'hatchy' enough...if you know what I mean. I think two doors and a more defined hatch area might help it along.

comptonx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Country flag
was really hoping to get a manual with upper trim levels....I am assuming that the other manuals to come will have the same trims (sedan and coupe). Waiting to hear about the Si

optikalillusi0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
was really hoping to get a manual with upper trim levels....I am assuming that the other manuals to come will have the same trims (sedan and coupe). Waiting to hear about the Si
I was too. But before the news, it was reported that only LX and Sport would have manual. So i'm glad they put manual in the EX as well.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a pic of the hatch in EX trim. Definitely toned down from the boy-racer Sport trim. I might like this better.
Honda Civic 10th gen Official: 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Arrives This Fall w/ 1.5-Liter Turbo, 6-Speed MT, Apple Carplay 588383

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Coupe, 14' Accord Coupe v6 (RIP)
Country flag
Thank god the internet doesn't like this thing, because I do. I like the origami feel of the design. I like the sloping roof line. I like that it's a Honda, the brand everyone loves to hate. We have enough snoozefest hatchbacks in the world, do we really need another? *sigh* Am I a hipster?

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
Murica: Honda why u no give us civic hatchback?????

Honda: Ok here. Here is a civic hatchback.

Murica: Baaaaaah it’s ugly, me no like Honda hatchback. Me no buy.

Honda: For fucks sake. Fine no more hatchback for you.

Murica: Honda why u no give us civic hatchback?????

Rinse and repeat

I think what most people mean when they say, "Give us a Civic hatch," is more along the lines of, "Give us a new, but exactly the same E[F,G,K,P] hatch, but with modern amenities."

-- saw this posted on another site and it's so true.
THIS!!!!!^

Those cars show their age big time, it is what it is, time goes by and things get OLD....just like me haha

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
Thank god the internet doesn't like this thing, because I do. I like the origami feel of the design. I like the sloping roof line. I like that it's a Honda, the brand everyone loves to hate. We have enough snoozefest hatchbacks in the world, do we really need another? *sigh* Am I a hipster?
Honestly, I see this hatch as another home run that will only help Honda surpass the recent record sales of the Civic!!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

HondaPro

Threads