Official: 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Arrives This Fall w/ 1.5-Liter Turbo, 6-Speed MT, Apple Carplay

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
Country flag

miles08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
I just noticed from the press releases that the LX and Sport trims in Canada gets the upgraded display with CarPlay and Android Auto. In the US the EX is the lowest trim with this feature.
Canada has the DX model which the US doesn't have. It's like the LX without air conditioning and offered only in 6MT. So our LX here in Canada is considered a step up from the base model, where the LX is the base model in the US

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Well, if there isn't going to be a hatch Si, then they just might give it certain upgrades reserved for the Si coupe/sedan on the Sport model which seems to be marketed as the stand in for the Si hatch
True true that's a good point.
And to be alternative, one of the suggestions for the meaning of Si (besides Sequential injection) was Sport Injected...and being that the new one is a Sport, then maybe that.

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
Am I the only one not feeling the Hatch? I do not have a 16' civic yet so this is my honest opinion. Im not biased in any way. Maybe It just too young for me. Im 40 years old and dont think I could pull up to my kids school in the hatch...

Last edited:

taigebu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Am I the only one not feeling the Hatch? I do not have a 16' civic yet so this is my honest opinion. Im not biased in any way. Maybe It just too young for me. Im 40 years old and dont think I could pull up to ny kids school is the hatch...
You would be the coolest dad ever :D

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
You would be the coolest dad ever :D
Lolz.
My kids are 5 and 3 so it doesn't take much more than a 0-40mph pull to improve their opinion of me-haha

retro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 civic
I just wanna know will the sport model have all the feature that the ex-t have example push button CarPlay moonroof ect.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I just wanna know will the sport model have all the feature that the ex-t have example push button CarPlay moonroof ect.
No, the article said EX and up and EX is one trim up from Sport. Just like the trim hierarchy with the Accord. In Canada, it's different.

StevieJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Kinda bummed since I was really wanting a hatch when I was shopping for a car. May have to trade in the sedan if they'll give me enough.

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
I'm pretty sure we'll get those wheels standard on the SI. Being that this is the highest model "sport touring" those wheels are something special for this car. Looks amazing. For the Si I'm sure thats the wheels we're getting being that its the performance model for the civic, until the type R comes at least :).
I think the Si will get unique wheels...they haven't shared them before have they?
I received this email today!

image.jpeg
Honeycomb plastic panels are a feature now. What a time to be alive. :dunno::rofl:

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is all good and all but ultimately, I will want the Si hatch. In white or red.
Sponsored