Official: 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Arrives This Fall w/ 1.5-Liter Turbo, 6-Speed MT, Apple Carplay

17Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CRV EXL AWD; 18 CRV EX AWD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wrong, you can buy a Touring below that price all day long.
Glad you can in WA. Not around here. New Tourings are 27+ A used with under 5K mikes is $24 or less, though.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
If that us the case, the Canadian sport version will be valued between $30487.82 CAD ($23,365 USD) - $33991.34 CAD ($26,050 USD). I suspect around $31,500 CAD ?

Regardless, that is a large amount to spend on a Honda. I could by a 2014 Mercedes c-class, 2014 BMW 3 series, 2015 A3, 2014 A4, 2013 TT, 2017 Tiguan, 2013 Golf R!!!

These prices cant be right...can they?
Since when the fuck did Honda Canada ever account for the exchange rate properly?

17Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CRV EXL AWD; 18 CRV EX AWD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If that us the case, the Canadian sport version will be valued between $30487.82 CAD ($23,365 USD) - $33991.34 CAD ($26,050 USD). I suspect around $31,500 CAD ?

Regardless, that is a large amount to spend on a Honda. I could by a 2014 Mercedes c-class, 2014 BMW 3 series, 2015 A3, 2014 A4, 2013 TT, 2017 Tiguan, 2013 Golf R!!!

These prices cant be right...can they?
I don't know anything about what Canadian prices might be; just sharing what I found arriving at US dealers.

This is just a guess, but looks like no Sport/Sport Tourings were in first shipments. Wondering if they won't be released until after Paris show?

iLLNESS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 EG k20a2, 2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
I don't know anything about what Canadian prices might be; just sharing what I found arriving at US dealers.

This is just a guess, but looks like no Sport/Sport Tourings were in first shipments. Wondering if they won't be released until after Paris show?
I certainly hope the Canadian prices are lower in comparison. Those US prices show a 2k higher price. That would land a sport touring hatch around $35k after freight/taxes :(

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I certainly hope the Canadian prices are lower in comparison. Those US prices show a 2k higher price. That would land a sport touring hatch around $35k after freight/taxes :(
Why are you people worried about this? Its not like a Touring Sedan is $35k compared to the US model -__-

iLLNESS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 EG k20a2, 2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Why are you people worried about this? Its not like a Touring Sedan is $35k compared to the US model -__-
The sedan and coupes are manufactured in ON/UK. The hatchback is coming from the UK. The US prices are already showing to be quite a bit higher than their sedan/coupe counterparts. So why am I worried? Because a touring sedan is already 32k in Canada, so matching the US differences in price the Canadian price could be as high as 35k out the door, which is obscene for a civic. I might be okay with a 1k difference between the sedan/coupe and the hatch, but not upwards of 2 or 3.

TrollingHard82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R #572, Mazda Cx 9, Yamaha Raider
In the U.S. do you think that the sport trim level hatch will be under 25k? With a manual if it exists lol

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
The sedan and coupes are manufactured in ON/UK. The hatchback is coming from the UK. The US prices are already showing to be quite a bit higher than their sedan/coupe counterparts. So why am I worried? Because a touring sedan is already 32k in Canada, so matching the US differences in price the Canadian price could be as high as 35k out the door, which is obscene for a civic. I might be okay with a 1k difference between the sedan/coupe and the hatch, but not upwards of 2 or 3.
Oh you meant OTD, I thought you were thinking that the selling MSRP would be $35k due to the exchange rate compared to US models which is nonsense. A 1k difference OTD may me only a $500 increase in MSRP compared to the sedan and I bet you it'll be more than that because the sedan will get a marginal price increase for MY17.

You do realize you live in a country with double the destination charge, and sales tax that is approx 2-3x more than in the US right? So all these percentages get amplified as the selling price increases. In ON, I'd take your selling price, add $5000 in the $30k price range and that'd be your OTD.

Also, the fact that the hatch is made in the UK won't change the Freight/PDI at all. That number is determined by weight class of the vehicle. Vehicles like the CR-V are charged $1,750 in Freight/PDI, Civics at $1,595 and all Acuras sedans are at $2000. RLX that is made in Japan is charged as much as an ILX build in Marysville OH.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
In the U.S. do you think that the sport trim level hatch will be under 25k? With a manual if it exists lol
You can get an EX-T sedan for around 22ish OTD so considering a Sport is slotted below the EX, what do you think? And yes, the manual exists, it has existed and been plastered all over this thread in the last god knows how many pages...

Dustyaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 veloster turbo ,2015 nissan rogue
I was really shooting for a coupe. But looks like im making the choice to wait for a hatchback. I have one now and like the convenience. And it being a 4 door hatch it doesnt look bad at all. IF anything it looks more aggressive then the coupe or sedan. I like agressive and unique. (veloster turbo owner)

civicXwhy?Z1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra
I was really shooting for a coupe. But looks like im making the choice to wait for a hatchback. I have one now and like the convenience. And it being a 4 door hatch it doesnt look bad at all. IF anything it looks more aggressive then the coupe or sedan. I like agressive and unique. (veloster turbo owner)
You may catch some flak for being a Veloster owner, but I agree with you on all counts.

Dustyaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You may catch some flak for being a Veloster owner, but I agree with you on all counts.
Hey man everyone is intitled to their own opinions. I like The veloster turbo. 200hp for 19,000 new was a steal for me. But the issue i have is my back and clutch knee are shot. And i need a Automatic. I just dont see myself getting another veloster though. And after seeing the new genx civic especially the hatch im sold on it. Give me one with turbo cvt with all the tech.

TrollingHard82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R #572, Mazda Cx 9, Yamaha Raider
And yes, the manual exists, it has existed and been plastered all over this thread in the last god knows how many pages...
Lol, I meant that slightly jokingly. I'm eager to get my hands on a hatch sport manual asap and no dealerships appear to be receiving any despite how big Honda made the manual option a part of their announcement for the hatch. All ive heard is, wait a couple of months, or, you can just special order one.........Sorry but in my opinion this should not be the options at this point. I'd be more okay if Honda had included in the announcement that the manuals wouldn't be available right away or something. I feel a bit mislead. I have a truck that needs traded on this before winter and I've held out specifically for this car.

Dustyaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol, I meant that slightly jokingly. I'm eager to get my hands on a hatch sport manual asap and no dealerships appear to be receiving any despite how big Honda made the manual option a part of their announcement for the hatch. All ive heard is, wait a couple of months, or, you can just special order one.........Sorry but in my opinion this should not be the options at this point. I'd be more okay if Honda had included in the announcement that the manuals wouldn't be available right away or something. I feel a bit mislead. I have a truck that needs traded on this before winter and I've held out specifically for this car.

Sorry bud. Its going to be hard finding a manual. Honda announced they only project 2% manual sales for civic. 2%!! Its going to be rare indeed.
Sponsored