Official: 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Arrives This Fall w/ 1.5-Liter Turbo, 6-Speed MT, Apple Carplay

chubbz05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT, 2010 Honda Odyssey EX
Did they give you prices for each level? I'm specifically interested in the Sport

Deleted member 2567

Did they give you prices for each level? I'm specifically interested in the Sport
No pricing information yet.

So there is a new grey? What's the color called and how does it look like?
I ordered the grey that was shown in the official pictures Honda put out a couple weeks ago (from the first post of this thread). It was the same grey from the hatch concept. I didn't ask what the name of it was. I think I remember reading somewhere it's called sonic grey?

hatchbackguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Is there any way with the Sport Touring to opt for smaller rims? 18s with a 40 profile tire just won't cut it for my commute along pothole-filled streets.

Deleted member 2567

Is there any way with the Sport Touring to opt for smaller rims? 18s with a 40 profile tire just won't cut it for my commute along pothole-filled streets.
The 18s are standard on the sport and sport touring so I doubt it.

nguyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Modern Steel Metallic
Only the LX and sport have a 6 speed.
Pretty sure there press release said they EX comes in an MT as well. And if it follows the rest of the Civic line, it should also have a sunroof and Android Auto/CarPlay. That's like my three features I want most.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
6MT in the LX and base Sport only. From the press release:

The Civic Hatchback will be available in LX, Sport, EX, EX-L, and Sport Touring trims, and will feature a single engine for the U.S. market: a 1.5-liter DOHC direct-injected turbocharged in-line 4-cylinder with peak output of 174 horsepower and 162 lb.-ft. of torque in LX, EX and EX-L trims with CVT, 174 horsepower and 167 lb.-ft of torque in the LX with 6-speed manual transmission, 180 horsepower and 162 lb.-ft. of torque in the Sport and the all-new Sport Touring grade with CVT and 180 horsepower and 177 lb.-ft. of torque in the Sport with 6-speed manual. The Sport and Sport Touring trims feature a high-flow center-mounted exhaust.

http://news.honda.com/newsandviews/article.aspx?id=9186-en

optikalillusi0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Pretty sure there press release said they EX comes in an MT as well. And if it follows the rest of the Civic line, it should also have a sunroof and Android Auto/CarPlay. That's like my three features I want most.
Unfortunately, they updated the press release soon after that press release was released, where it says only the LX and Sport will have the MT. It's definitely a bummer however it doesn't surprise me with Honda's history of weird packaging for the US customers.

optikalillusi0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Which is a shame, since every news outlet reported the EX having a MT. It looks like this was a major typo on the part of Honda. What a blunder.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I was also surprised that Honda opted not to offer a base EX. That's not to say they won't offer it in later years (depending on sales).
Sponsored