Official: 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Arrives This Fall w/ 1.5-Liter Turbo, 6-Speed MT, Apple Carplay

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
Country flag
Here's a pic of the hatch in EX trim. Definitely toned down from the boy-racer Sport trim. I might like this better.
588383.jpg
Do we know what the Sport trim looks like? The pictures from Honda are from the Sport Touring.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I think the exterior of the Sport and Sport Touring should be the same, basically. Dual center exhaust, black lip kit etc. Not sure on the wheels though. And of course no LED headlights on the Sport. Interior features, the Sport will be like an LX and the Touring is, well... a Touring.

I hate the fact the Sport is being sold as a stripped down model, feature-wise.

For me, the sweet spot may be the EX 6 speed. A few less hp and sport elements but better features and manual shifting. The Sport won't have push button start available or even XM radio.

Last edited:

Devcom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic EX-T Coupe 1.5L T, 2020 Camaro LT1 6.2L V8, 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 4.0L L6
Country flag
How much heavier is the Hatch compared to the coupe because that extra 6 hp is not really appealing and if the Hatchback is heavier compared to the coupe and/or Sedan then it really is kind of meh.

Last edited:

retro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 civic
Wonder if the EX trim will have fogs. I'm hoping the HB EX will be like the ex-t version of the sedan/coupe. Sucks that the sports touring doesn't come with a 6mt

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mind blown seeing this thread :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Official: 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Arrives This Fall w/ 1.5-Liter Turbo, 6-Speed MT, Apple Carplay fvy3jr

Anyone find pics of the interior yet?

Shralper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Acura RSX Type S
Country flag
I received this email today!

image.jpeg
Honda is actually boasting about the phony vents in marketing literature?? Great. I guess that means they'll never get rid of them no matter how many fans complain. Just like the despised Acura 'beak'.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm thinking Honda needs to clarify the HB levels a bit better. I know they've said there will be an LX, Sport, EX, EX-L and Sport Touring but honestly it's still a little confusing at this point. If anything they should have simplified by going with say EX, Sport and Sport Touring. Where the EX mimics the sedan/coupe's EX-T trim level then gone up to Sport with upgraded wheel package and exterior exhaust and then the Sport Touring with all the works.

I'm sure it'll be more clear in the coming days/weeks though. Just seems way too many trim levels.

And then there's gonna be the Si trim level, right? That's the one I'm eyeballing down the road.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm thinking Honda needs to clarify the HB levels a bit better. I know they've said there will be an LX, Sport, EX, EX-L and Sport Touring but honestly it's still a little confusing at this point. If anything they should have simplified by going with say EX, Sport and Sport Touring. Where the EX mimics the sedan/coupe's EX-T trim level then gone up to Sport with upgraded wheel package and exterior exhaust and then the Sport Touring with all the works.

I'm sure it'll be more clear in the coming days/weeks though. Just seems way too many trim levels.

And then there's gonna be the Si trim level, right? That's the one I'm eyeballing down the road.
Agreed. I think its odd Honda took the time to confirm the hatch and make an official press release, then only show exterior pics and provide no info about trim, pricing, etc. even though its coming out next month.

Unfortunately - despite the praise Honda will get for bringing the hatch back, I don't see this being a big seller. Same with the Mazda3, I see the hatch vs the sedan maybe 10% of the time.

OP
OP
administrator

administrator

Administrator
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

taigebu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Agreed. I think its odd Honda took the time to confirm the hatch and make an official press release, then only show exterior pics and provide no info about trim, pricing, etc. even though its coming out next month.

Unfortunately - despite the praise Honda will get for bringing the hatch back, I don't see this being a big seller. Same with the Mazda3, I see the hatch vs the sedan maybe 10% of the time.
Are you 100% sure it's coming next month ?

It may not be a big seller in North America but as it will be the main Civic X in Europe it will still sell pretty well :) And as a European now living in Canada this was the civic I was waiting for!

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Accord Sedan 6-6, 2008 Honda Pilot
Country flag

As one who is desperate for an Si hatch, I fear that others here are right and,for some bizarre and unfathomable reason, Honda is going to leave a bunch of hot hatch money on the table.

We still don't have any final word, but things aren't looking good.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Come on... You all should know by now Honda always releases a car then makes it better each year. They add style, features and performance.. Honda is building Civic coupe, sedan, hatch, Si and Type R.. Surely the Si and Type R will be polished. Normally it's year 3 Honda really irons out the production of a vehicle and in its last 2 years adds tons of value.
Sponsored

Last edited: