OFFICIAL 2017 Civic Si Exhaust Thread

Faduzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
+1 vote for muffler delete... got 1.25" stainless for euro / gundo mod. Took the exhaust off to install the 1.25", started the car open dp and I personally thought it was reasonably quite. So I just did a muffler delete cause it was easier.

Sounds really good. Good tone not too much louder than a gt mustang. Crackles real nasty in reverse and light free rev while parking. Little to no drone with city driving no highway yet. 19/23psi base tune, Anti lag at 4k with recovery the same, -7 degrees on k tuner gives me pops and bangs and it wants to spit flames so bad but haven't seen one yet.

I was afraid to do this because most ppl are saying a muffler delete is really loud. I did not find that to be the case I will post pictures tomorrow. I did a v band detachable 3"axleback with a borla dual tip that was lying around.
Sponsored

Last edited:

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
+1 vote for muffler delete... got 1.25" stainless for euro / gundo mod. Took the exhaust off to install the 1.25", started the car open dp and I personally thought it was reasonably quite. So I just did a muffler delete cause it was easier.

Sounds really good. Good tone not too much louder than a gt mustang. Crackles real nasty in reverse and light free rev while parking. Little to no drone with city driving no highway yet. 19/23psi base tune, Anti lag at 4k with recovery the same, -7 degrees on k tuner gives me pops and bangs and it wants to spit flames so bad but haven't seen one yet.

I was afraid to do this because most ppl are saying a muffler delete is really loud. I did not find that to be the case I will post pictures tomorrow. I did a v band detachable 3"axleback with a borla dual tip that was lying around.
why only 1.25" pipe for the "mod"? Having that done this week with oe diameter pipe and even the person that's doing it said it will be much louder than stock....if done right in the right position there's no way it won't be substantial louder as the exhaust flow will travel the path of least resistance with only a small portion of it passing through the mufflers which will give it a smoother tone than full delete....just my .02 though....I'll chime in after it's done.

OP
OP
jakabony

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Alright peeps. I finally got the Vibrant 1090 muffler installed. I already had the resonator delete done. It sounds really good, and obviously the video doesn't do it justice. It sounds a lot like a WRX with an aftermarket exhaust. Not super loud but very deep. I am real happy with the tone, and no droning either on the highway.

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Alright peeps. I finally got the Vibrant 1090 muffler installed. I already had the resonator delete done. It sounds really good, and obviously the video doesn't do it justice. It sounds a lot like a WRX with an aftermarket exhaust. Not super loud but very deep. I am real happy with the tone, and no droning either on the highway.

Sounds good, stock downpipe?

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
So you removed the resonator and swapped the muffler for the vibrant 1090...that's it? Sounds good

OP
OP
jakabony

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So you removed the resonator and swapped the muffler for the vibrant 1090...that's it? Sounds good
Yep that’s it. I am honestly surprised how deep and smooth it sounds. It reminds me of a WRX/STI with an aftermarket exhaust.

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah stock FP/DP, resonator delete, and muffler. Essentially a cat back system, but a lot cheaper.
Nice! I took my resonator out and loved it, but now with the Prl catted downpipe it’s too ”gargly”/ too much crackles and pops. I plan to put the resonator back in and put in a vibrant muffler.

OP
OP
jakabony

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice! I took my resonator out and loved it, but now with the Prl catted downpipe it’s too ”gargly”/ too much crackles and pops. I plan to put the resonator back in and put in a vibrant muffler.
Try just the muffler first. It really gives a smooth mellow sound. I plan on doing a DP/FP at some point but I’m loving the sound now. The DP/FP will just be for performance and a custom tune at some point.

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Try just the muffler first. It really gives a smooth mellow sound. I plan on doing a DP/FP at some point but I’m loving the sound now. The DP/FP will just be for performance and a custom tune at some point.
Yea I’ll try it first since the resonator is already out, same I didn’t expect the catted version to make much difference in noise I just wanted the performance benefits. I’ll try to post clips with and without the resonator unless I end up just keeping it without the resonator.

OP
OP
jakabony

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think I might have found my exhaust path. Thanks dude
I refused to pay what they ask for a cat back system. They are bolt on, and the same size as the factory piping. For less than $500 total, I have the same thing and it’s a fully welded system.

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
I refused to pay what they ask for a cat back system. They are bolt on, and the same size as the factory piping. For less than $500 total, I have the same thing and it’s a fully welded system.
Any drone on the highway?
Sponsored