OFFICIAL 2017 Civic Si Exhaust Thread

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
Muffler delete is amazing I love mine. After I got my no PRL cat downpipe it became some what loud but ok. Cruising at 60mph in 6th you cant even tell there is no mufflers but as soon as you downshift and turbo spools and the SI sounds like a monster.
Did you keep the resonator?
Sponsored

Coolsteezy

2017 Civic Si
First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan (white)

I just did a muffler/resonator delete on my Si after 3 days of owning it and i have to admit that I'm loving it.

Coolsteezy

2017 Civic Si
First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
buy a prl no cat downpipe and you will loose r mind lol
Yup that’s the plan! Next mods/video I’m going to post up is my install/review of the fx300 clutch, then do a video for the PRL front/downpipe with the Ktuner.

OP
OP
jakabony

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I just did a muffler/resonator delete on my Si after 3 days of owning it and i have to admit that I'm loving it.
I am glad you are happy with it, but to me, honestly, it just sounds like a car with no exhaust. It has no tone, or smoothness. But if that is what you want, go for it.

Coolsteezy

2017 Civic Si
First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depending on the shop, it shouldn't run you any more than $150-200.
I am glad you are happy with it, but to me, honestly, it just sounds like a car with no exhaust. It has no tone, or smoothness. But if that is what you want, go for it.
Yea this is temporary till we start seeing actual upgrades for our cars. I do want a deeper tone..

OP
OP
jakabony

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok guys, so I had my resonator removed today, and replaced with a piece of stainless pipe. Here is the before and after sound. It is not a huge difference, but definitely deeper and throatier. I am a fan. It isn't a ton louder, but it definitely gives the car a more pronounced note. This is how it should have sounded from the factory. There is no drone whatsoever.

Unibrow Tail Lights

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Ok guys, so I had my resonator removed today, and replaced with a piece of stainless pipe. Here is the before and after sound. It is not a huge difference, but definitely deeper and throatier. I am a fan. It isn't a ton louder, but it definitely gives the car a more pronounced note. This is how it should have sounded from the factory. There is no drone whatsoever.

It says video is unavailable

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag

Love it! Think I might do this now. Cost around $150?
Sponsored