HondaGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Not bad att all!!!! "competitive" but I want the Si price :( I wish the Si doesn't price in the 30'zz. I'v been waiting since June holding my money waiting for this car. I hope all this waiting time is worth it at the end.
I would be shocked if the Si price is over $25k. Honda traditionally keeps price increase very minimal. The 2016 Pilot, which is an all new vehicle, is less than $200 more than the 2015 model it replaced.
Sponsored

hittheskids

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Civic EX Sedan
So the models I'm most interested at this point would be the 1.5T EX+Sensing and possibly Touring. At 23,200 vs 26,500 MSRP, do we have any idea yet what you'd get for the extra 3,300 in the Touring?

Do we know yet where the 7" display with Android Auto comes in?

Last edited:

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
that's really the worst part about wanting one of these ASAP. I know they won't budge on the price because they won't need to lol.
So the models I'm most interested at this point would be the 1.5T+Sensing and possibly Touring. At 23,200 vs 26,500 MSRP, do we have any idea yet what you'd get for the extra 3,300 in the Touring?

I believe the display with auto/carplay comes in at the ex level.

Touring gives you leather, unique wheels, led headlights , navi, trunk lip spoiler, maybe upgraded sound system, sensing.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
So the models I'm most interested at this point would be the 1.5T+Sensing and possibly Touring. At 23,200 vs 26,500 MSRP, do we have any idea yet what you'd get for the extra 3,300 in the Touring?

The 7 inch screen probably included starting with the EX model. The Touring is gonna get you the 10 speaker sound, leather seats, LED headlights, Navigation, rear heated seats, fog lights and nicer wheels so in terms of parts costs already its worth $3300.

HondaGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
What they said above. I also heard rumblings of the Touring having an audio system with over 400 watts! Just a rumor, but hopefully official come Monday.

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
What they said above. I also heard rumblings of the Touring having an audio system with over 400 watts! Just a rumor, but hopefully official come Monday.
Yeah, actually it was in one of Hondapro Jason's vids. 450watt 10 speaker sound system, although I don't know if that is Touring exclusive. Might come with the EX-L as well, but hopefully its touring only so I have the extra excuse hah.

benjaminh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX Orchid
Pricing seems excellent. Beyond my expectations in terms of value. I think Honda is going to try to take the Corolla in sales once production ramps up.

The Touring is almost $2000 less than I thought it would be.

Still can't believe the $150 price decrease for the EX. wtf!

I'm still hoping that CarPlay/AndroidAuto kicks in at the EX level, which is where it starts with the new Accord.

The turbo EX is $1160 more than the 2.0 EX. That's that only thing that's slightly more than I thought it would be, but it should be an incredible engine and worth every penny.

Last edited:

hittheskids

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Civic EX Sedan
The 7 inch screen probably included starting with the EX model. The Touring is gonna get you the 10 speaker sound, leather seats, LED headlights, Navigation, rear heated seats, fog lights and nicer wheels so in terms of parts costs already its worth $3300.
Doesn't Android Auto include navigation? So I'm not sure I see what benefit standalone navigation gets you. I actually don't really like leather seats, and rear heated seats is kind of nice to have but it's not something I'd go out of my way for. But I'm definitely interested in a good audio system - I've usually added aftermarket audio systems, but it seems like it's getting harder and harder to do these days with the way everything is so tightly integrated. So I'd love to not need to touch the stock audio system. And most of the other stuff you listed would be nice to have. I guess I'll have to see the official specs and see if it's all worth the extra ~$3000 to me.

Ammo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion SEL
That pricing is unbelievable and under what I expected.

Looking forward to negotiating a good price when the time is right on a Touring. That pretty much seals it if the reviews hold to what the hype says...and it's a good chunk less than the Accord.

martyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boring Accord family hauler
I would be shocked if the Si price is over $25k. Honda traditionally keeps price increase very minimal. The 2016 Pilot, which is an all new vehicle, is less than $200 more than the 2015 model it replaced.
$25k or under would be great for the Si. Question tho is at that price what features/amenities it'll come with. It won't be as stacked with equipment as the touring since that's just about the price of the touring model.

This is some great pricing across the board btw. The EX-L price increase is substantial but it also comes with a lot of features.

HondaGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Doesn't Android Auto include navigation? So I'm not sure I see what benefit standalone navigation gets you. I actually don't really like leather seats, and rear heated seats is kind of nice to have but it's not something I'd go out of my way for. But I'm definitely interested in a good audio system - I've usually added aftermarket audio systems, but it seems like it's getting harder and harder to do these days with the way everything is so tightly integrated. So I'd love to not need to touch the stock audio system. And most of the other stuff you listed would be nice to have. I guess I'll have to see the official specs and see if it's all worth the extra ~$3000 to me.
Android Auto uses the navigation on your Android phone, but does not come with a stand alone Navi.

Honda premium audio systems are pretty good. When the 8th Gen Sis arrived, they were using Pioneer systems, even though they were not advertised.

Acura's ELS systems, which for many years have been rated the best audio systems of any luxury brand, regardless of price, are made by Panasonic. On the RLX you can get a Krell system that destroys anything else as well.

Im sure the Touring system will sound great!

HondaGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
$25k or under would be great for the Si. Question tho is at that price what features/amenities it'll come with. It won't be as stacked with equipment as the touring since that's just about the price of the touring model.

This is some great pricing across the board btw. The EX-L price increase is substantial but it also comes with a lot of features.
The current Si is very well equipped. I would expect the new model to basically add Car Play/Android Auto, slight upgrade in the Audio system and call it a day, as far as the interior is concerned. It pretty much has everything else.

Ammo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion SEL
The current Si is very well equipped. I would expect the new model to basically add Car Play/Android Auto, slight upgrade in the Audio system and call it a day, as far as the interior is concerned. It pretty much has everything else.
If the Si doesn't come with an auto option or a Touring trim, then I'll go standard Touring. In it for the sportiness and amenities but I'm not giving up the luxury feel.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
From what I`ve seen the EXL models do not have the 450 watt audio system. It is evident when you look at the interior pictures. It doesn`t have the center channel speaker above the touchscreen. It is suspected that this system is based of the ELS. The ELS system in the Acura ILX is a 440 watt 10 speaker system.

benjaminh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX Orchid
As usual, Honda has very carefully crafted the equipment levels and msrps for the 2016 Civic so that there's great value at every level. Every level seems like a "sweet spot" in terms of the kind of car and features you're getting for the money. But, that having been said, the EX does stand out a little because of the unusual $150 price cut. Something I do once in a while to waste time is see how much the features of a higher level of Honda are subjectively worth to me compared to a lower level. And comparing the EX CVT to the LX CVT on the 2016 Civic it seems like the $1600 price difference is a very good deal. If things on the 2016 Civic are similar to the 2015, here are some key features you get by moving to an EX, and after that is my subjective number for how much that feature might be worth to me personally (which would be different for everyone, of course):

smart entry/pushbutton start: $800
moonroof/sunroof: $800
Lanewatch: $400
larger alloy wheels/upgraded tires: $600
AndroidAuto/CarPlay: $800 (hoping this gets thrown in at the EX level)
HondaLink: $200
2 more speakers for the stereo: $100
60/40 split rear seat: $200
upgraded EX fabric (?): $200

Am I missing other features? Anyway, this list tells me that the EX level is subjectively "worth" to me maybe as much as c. $4000, making the $1600 price seem like a bargain.

I'm sure the 2.0 engine standard engine is going to be fine, but the next question for me would be: is the 1.5 Turbo worth another c.$1200? It's obviously a big upgrade in power, but I wonder if Honda throws in something else too, like another upgrade in the tires?
Sponsored

Last edited: