BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
when our Si's were new, a lot of ppl used to say that they are underrated from the factory. ive never believed that.

~185 whp seems to be the what our Si's are pushing stock.
Sponsored

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Are those the coils that allow you to retain sport mode? Funnily enough, when I did the big turbo upgrade, I lost sport mode because I'm no longer using the electronic waste gate actuator. That's something that Ktuner is working on correcting though
Technically yes. They use an ADS canceler to fool the unit into thinking the actuators are still in tact. I suggest posting questions in this thread if you want to know more specifics:
https://www.civicx.com/threads/dual-mode-coilovers.35284/#post-594947

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Are those the coils that allow you to retain sport mode? Funnily enough, when I did the big turbo upgrade, I lost sport mode because I'm no longer using the electronic waste gate actuator. That's something that Ktuner is working on correcting though
They just put out a update to ktuner to be able to disable the Wastegate actuator and keep sport mode. Go grab the new version off there site :)

teders

First Name
Ted Dorosheff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They just put out a update to ktuner to be able to disable the Wastegate actuator and keep sport mode. Go grab the new version off there site :)
how recent is that? i've been working with ktuner directly because the latest update screwed with my boost target somehow. Was only making 12 PSI with their new file.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I've been using the new update for about 2 weeks.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
hmm, maybe i'll try it again. You're getting all your boost on it? also, are you on the PRL big turbo kit?
Yup all the boost. And yes PRL turbo. So much boost in the beginning. Had to adjust the Wastegate preload. I still may need to do one more turn, spiking st 17psi then settling to 15. Running it raw without a boost controler rn, so it's opening at the factory spring pressure.

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Official 10th Gen SI ( DYNO Thread ) E8CE2480-04F0-40A9-ABF3-724F75C2EEFC
2017 si sedan
“Custom” catless downpipe, MAPerformance intake, PRL Intercooler , 93 octane javi tuned 205 hp 255 tq

A lot lower numbers than I expected but he said it was because of the mustang dyno, the guys at the shop call it the heartbreaker dyno and told me it reads about 15% lower than most dyno jets. Javi tuned also recently tuned another si downpipe and cold air only and it made 250/300 but on a dyno jet

Reactions: Myx

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
This is why it's good to have a baseline from the same dyno. Numbers alone can be hugely misleading. All we really care about is % gains over stock.

That said, your readout looks good for the mods you have. :cool:

HP is fairly linear, though TQ is a tad aggressive in the mid RPM range.

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is why it's good to have a baseline from the same dyno. Numbers alone can be hugely misleading. All we really care about is % gains over stock.

That said, your readout looks good for the mods you have. :cool:

HP is fairly linear, though TQ is a tad aggressive in the mid RPM range.
Yea I wasn’t even really thinking about a baseline at the moment lol, I also told him I didn’t want an aggressive tune. I didn’t think peak torque at 3800 rpms was too aggressive :hmm: either way it’s a dual mode tune and I’m not in sport all that often

H3llsp4wn707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrx
Country flag
What is the consensus on power an Si can push reliably? For example I have a 2015 tuned wrx and most people agree the rods cannot take more than 350tq.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
What is the consensus on power an Si can push reliably? For example I have a 2015 tuned wrx and most people agree the rods cannot take more than 350tq.
Would also like to know this! I think the consensus is that it greatly depends on the tune/ tuner. You can be making 240whp and bend a rod while the same car with a different tune is making 330, and running fine.
The motor is not going to push massive power like the k series, but what we get is usable power for day to day drivability.
IIRC, @PRL Motorsports was pushing the envelop on their si without failure and eventually added rods/ pistons. Same with @MAPerformance, though I haven’t heard of any updates as of late. Both companies pushed the car past 400 wheel without issue other than maxing the fuel system.
Excited to see what the future holds for our little 1.5’s .

H3llsp4wn707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrx
Country flag
Would also like to know this! I think the consensus is that it greatly depends on the tune/ tuner. You can be making 240whp and bend a rod while the same car with a different tune is making 330, and running fine.
The motor is not going to push massive power like the k series, but what we get is usable power for day to day drivability.
IIRC, @PRL Motorsports was pushing the envelop on their si without failure and eventually added rods/ pistons. Same with @MAPerformance, though I haven’t heard of any updates as of late. Both companies pushed the car past 400 wheel without issue other than maxing the fuel system.
Excited to see what the future holds for our little 1.5’s .
Right on thanks for the info. Trying to decide between an Si or getting an R.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Right on thanks for the info. Trying to decide between an Si or getting an R.
Really depends on what you’re looking for out of it. If I was to get a type r, I would need a garage and 18” wheels. Si with flex fuel and a clutch is a blast
Sponsored