Offical "Si Dealer Naughty List" thread

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd tell them to let you know in a month when they get their head out of their ass and still have the car.

Jking1202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civac
I went to the dealership with a friend because both him and I are really interested in leasing an SI here in North NJ and man they told him msrp was $29k and with $2k down he would be paying around $502 a month for 36 months. The hype can't be this real.....can it?

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I went to the dealership with a friend because both him and I are really interested in leasing an SI here in North NJ and man they told him msrp was $29k and with $2k down he would be paying around $502 a month for 36 months. The hype can't be this real.....can it?
just wait till the Type R comes out, these dealers will be begging you to take the Si off their lots

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
That's insane that's what you can expect to be paying a month on a Type-R lmao

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
David Henry and Michael Insall at David McDavid Honda in Irving, Texas.

I offered them MSRP + TT&L for an Si that was in-transit and scheduled for delivery that day. He said they'd only sell for MSRP + accessories, but wouldn't elaborate on what or how much those accessories were - he just said, "our standard assortment that we put on every vehicle when it comes off the truck". I told him to skip that since I wanted it right off the truck before they ruined it with cheap tint and pin striping. Again, he refused.

After buying my Si at another dealer, I emailed David to let him know another dealer accepted my offer and sent him a picture of my new ride. He replied with some sarcastically kind remark and said the car I tried to buy for MSRP sold for $3K over MSRP that afternoon. What a douche.
Was it this one by chance?

https://www.mcdavidhondairving.com/...rt+Worth-912a49d50a0e0ae828480609f2011f08.htm

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
Yea man with some bullshit 2k markup because they're are only getting a few this year. Try not to waste any time there they treat people like idiots.
Not only that. Dealers are putting on a show. Dealer in Oklahoma said they would be getting 2-4 Si's a month until the end of the year. Good luck selling em once the type r shows up

CivicSi84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chrysler 200
Country flag
I think its standard practice for all Honda and Acura dealers to add all of the accessories/tint/nitrogen to all of the cars. When I am ready to buy I am telling them I dont want any of that crap on the car, $2900 bucks for maybe $500 worth of crap.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I think its standard practice for all Honda and Acura dealers to add all of the accessories/tint/nitrogen to all of the cars. When I am ready to buy I am telling them I dont want any of that crap on the car, $2900 bucks for maybe $500 worth of crap.
That's 100% a dealer choice and has 0% involvement with Honda. The only money Honda make are what they sell the vehicle and accessories to the dealer for which is the same price for every dealer. The dealer is free to charge whatever they choose for the vehicles and accessories. Some dealers rely on high-volume, low-profit while others rely on low-volume, high-profit. A few rely on high-volume and high-profit.

With that said, the trend is for most dealers to add a group of astronomically-marked-up accessories to their vehicles. These are sometimes known as "pro packs" or some variation thereof. Thanks in part to the internet, buyers can easily find the dealer's actual cost for a vehicle. As a result, customers expect to pay invoice or below invoice for new cars. In a way, this makes us just as greedy as the dealerships. The dealer can't sell cars without making a profit, so they've offset this by marking the cars up above MSRP using add-ons and negotiating down from there. Of course, there are other ways for the dealer make a healthy profit even if selling a car at or below cost if the buyer is financing, has a trade-in, or buys extended warranties. As a cash-paying customer with no trade-in, it's unreasonable to expect a dealer to sell a vehicle at or below cost. The million-dollar question is: How much profit is a fair profit for the dealer to make on a given vehicle? That varies by vehicle, market, dealer, time, buyer, salesperson, and many other factors - there is no constant.

The funny thing about nitrogen, in particular, is that Honda themselves advise using regular air instead of nitrogen.

"So here’s the bottom line: Nitrogen is an ideal gas for inflating tires in aircraft, military vehicles, race cars, and heavy off-road equipment, but when it comes to automobile tires, it offers no apparent advantages over ordinary, dry compressed air. Our advice to you: Just stick with the air you breathe." - Honda Service News September 2006

Honda Civic 10th gen Offical "Si Dealer Naughty List" thread Honda Service News September 2006

CivicSi84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chrysler 200
Country flag
That's 100% a dealer choice and has 0% involvement with Honda. The only money Honda make are what they sell the vehicle and accessories to the dealer for which is the same price for every dealer. The dealer is free to charge whatever they choose for the vehicles and accessories. Some dealers rely on high-volume, low-profit while others rely on low-volume, high-profit. A few rely on high-volume and high-profit.

With that said, the trend is for most dealers to add a group of astronomically-marked-up accessories to their vehicles. These are sometimes known as "pro packs" or some variation thereof. Thanks in part to the internet, buyers can easily find the dealer's actual cost for a vehicle. As a result, customers expect to pay invoice or below invoice for new cars. In a way, this makes us just as greedy as the dealerships. The dealer can't sell cars without making a profit, so they've offset this by marking the cars up above MSRP using add-ons and negotiating down from there. Of course, there are other ways for the dealer make a healthy profit even if selling a car at or below cost if the buyer is financing, has a trade-in, or buys extended warranties. As a cash-paying customer with no trade-in, it's unreasonable to expect a dealer to sell a vehicle at or below cost. The million-dollar question is: How much profit is a fair profit for the dealer to make on a given vehicle? That varies by vehicle, market, dealer, time, buyer, salesperson, and many other factors - there is no constant.

The funny thing about nitrogen, in particular, is that Honda themselves advise using regular air instead of nitrogen.

"So here’s the bottom line: Nitrogen is an ideal gas for inflating tires in aircraft, military vehicles, race cars, and heavy off-road equipment, but when it comes to automobile tires, it offers no apparent advantages over ordinary, dry compressed air. Our advice to you: Just stick with the air you breathe." - Honda Service News September 2006

Honda Service News September 2006.jpg
I know its not a HMC requirement but every dealer I've seen/worked for did it. Nitrogen is a joke and waste of money like Honda says. I'm perfectly happy paying MSRP for my Si, I mean sure I'll always take a discount if its there but I am not going to get gouged on some overpriced accessories and finance products lol. I plan on bringing my own financing so should be pretty straight forward to get in and out.
Sponsored