samji

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 1996 Accord V6 EX-L
Country flag
Great feedback and thank you to all for the responses!

-I think both my Honda Odyssey and my GTI has clear coats. GTI I have the detroit street wheels, black and machined face. I have one wheel that is original, 105k and 2013, looks better than these Honda wheels.
-I really feel its the etched brake dust for sure. Just never seen this bad, even with a previous Mercedes with similar major dusting.
-I have mostly used the Eagle one for black and plasticoat (ph neurtral) and the mequiars ultimate, I think also ph neutral. I probably used an APC lightly a couple times, but it would have never dried on it or anything.
-I use boars hair brushes and a microfiber wand (wooly worm it) for the barrels. I am pretty confident these tools don't scratch.
-I never really protected the paint, just tried to keep it clean, typically never more than 2 weeks between wheel cleanings.

I am probably going to attempt some kind of warranty claim. Any advise on doing this?

I cleaned, clayed, and paint sealed a rear wheel. Much less pitting but its there. They turned out okay.
IMG_20200617_202809 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20200617_202829 - Copy.jpg
I think we can agree it may very well just be terrible Honda paint lol The sealant job looks great! Which sealant did you use?

OP
OP

JLLG

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MKVI GTI, 2015 Odyssey, 2019 ABM Civic Type R
Country flag
Thank you! I just used Griots paint sealant, its kind of old but still works :) I haven't done the front wheel yet (photos in the first post), but I can share those when done.

I am now just considering getting these powder coated some type of Bronze when I need new tires (still on OEM). Anyone done that to OEM rims yet?

R-10552

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura RDX Aspec, 2019 Civic Si (wife's)
Country flag
Thank you! I just used Griots paint sealant, its kind of old but still works :) I haven't done the front wheel yet (photos in the first post), but I can share those when done.

I am now just considering getting these powder coated some type of Bronze when I need new tires (still on OEM). Anyone done that to OEM rims yet?
Not bronze, but I did powdercoat my stock wheels. Satin black.

OP
OP

JLLG

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MKVI GTI, 2015 Odyssey, 2019 ABM Civic Type R
Country flag
Not bronze, but I did powdercoat my stock wheels. Satin black.
Any photos?
Did you do a pin strip?
Any issue with center caps fitting after?
How is the power coat holding up (assuming you still have OEM brake pads)?

R-10552

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura RDX Aspec, 2019 Civic Si (wife's)
Country flag
Any photos?
Did you do a pin strip?
Any issue with center caps fitting after?
How is the power coat holding up (assuming you still have OEM brake pads)?
Pics below.
I powdercoated them exclusively to remove the stock stripe.
Nope. No issue.
I've only had them on for a couple hundred miles. I ceramic coated them so I do not foresee any issues at all.
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Wheel Polishing and cleaning IMG_0901.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Wheel Polishing and cleaning IMG_0897.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Wheel Polishing and cleaning IMG_0905.JPG