OEM Visors vs. Aftermarket Visors

HatchHTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys and gals, I'm looking at the different types of visors here and I see that the OEM window visors are expensive compared to its aftermarket competitors such as ProCivic. I am wondering whether or not it is worth it to get the cheaper aftermarket ones from ProCivic when they restock or get the OEM ones put on.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
Im actually in the same boat, the oem ones seem like such a huge rip off for 4 pcs of plastic, alot of people here seem to like the procivic ones and include the oem style clips i would save your money and get the procivic ones since the only person able to discern the difference will be you

hellohi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I just installed the ProCivic visors over the weekend and am happy with them. The install was kind of a pain because ProCivic's instruction video on YouTube was inaccurate about the clips... but once I figured out how to properly put in the clips on the first visor, then doing the rest of the visors went a lot faster. I heard that the OEM ones are nearly the same. If I were you, I would go with ProCivic.
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Visors vs. Aftermarket Visors IMG_20180811_144802

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Visors vs. Aftermarket Visors IMG_20180811_144753

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i got mine for $155 on ebay. oem. Not bad considering my prelude visors had cost me like $200

bunbao

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-L
Country flag
I just installed the ProCivic visors over the weekend and am happy with them. The install was kind of a pain because ProCivic's instruction video on YouTube was inaccurate about the clips... but once I figured out how to properly put in the clips on the first visor, then doing the rest of the visors went a lot faster. I heard that the OEM ones are nearly the same. If I were you, I would go with ProCivic.
IMG_20180811_144802.jpg

IMG_20180811_144753.jpg
do u find it hard/hassle to wash the car with the visors on? i mean u would have to lower the windows to clean the upper parts where the visors r covering right?

OP
OP
HatchHTX

HatchHTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
do u find it hard/hassle to wash the car with the visors on? i mean u would have to lower the windows to clean the upper parts where the visors r covering right?
You could probably just soak a microfiber towel and just get under there, shouldn't be that much of a hassle

OP
OP
HatchHTX

HatchHTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think I will go with ProCivic! My biggest concern with them was the push pins on the visor and how they stick up too much compared to OEM ones, but after seeing y'alls visors they look very similar to OEM and less $$$

OP
OP
HatchHTX

HatchHTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@procivic when will the hatchback visors be in stock?

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
86 dollars shipping to Canada. yikes.

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
86 dollars shipping to Canada. yikes.
If you PM me your full address I can give you a lower quote using a basic USPS shipping method, but it is slower. Canada shipping is just expensive, especially to the far out areas like NS.

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
If you PM me your full address I can give you a lower quote using a basic USPS shipping method, but it is slower. Canada shipping is just expensive, especially to the far out areas like NS.
Thanks I'll PM you. Yeah for sure not just you guys shipping anything to Canada always bites haha.
Sponsored