Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Another data point here: I also have the type-r RMM with perrin inserts, and while it added a good bit of NVH at first; now it is stock like. It took about 6 months of driving to calm down. The only time I have vibrations now is reverse and if I take off in first with too low RMP and have A/C on. If I take off about 1100 RPM, all smooth even with A/C.

And while I don't have a type-r RMM, I can sell you my SI RMM and then you can get the Perrin inserts for the SI RMM which should be a little softer than type-R with Perrin inserts. Just another option for ya if you wanted to try the inserts. (Less than 2k miles on my SI RMM)
In your highlighted case, how can that still be "stock like"?

Most people just gotten use to it, even with solid motor mounts.

In another word, they are broken in.
Sponsored

2020MSMcivicSI

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
In your highlighted case, how can that still be "stock like"?

Most people just gotten use to it, even with solid motor mounts.

In another word, they are broken in.
"stock like" as in 99% of the time the driver would never know there is an aftermarket RMM insert and 1% of the time it shows itself... I think that qualifies as "stock like".

All motor mounts, even solid ones, are subject to plastic deformation which causes them to transfer less kinetic energy to the chassis. (Less NVH over time)

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
"stock like" as in 99% of the time the driver would never know there is an aftermarket RMM insert and 1% of the time it shows itself... I think that qualifies as "stock like".

All motor mounts, even solid ones, are subject to plastic deformation which causes them to transfer less kinetic energy to the chassis. (Less NVH over time)
Its great! And I am glad you are happy with it!

But for me, after close to a year living with the low RPM/reverse NVH each time I drive, I had it with Perrin insert and gave it a go with Whiteline's less than half NVH. But than the beast of NVH appear after a couple of weeks.

For me, Type R just does its job without all the drama and rationalization as to why I should keep it!

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I thought about going for the Type R RMM. I ended up finding a Hasport 62A locally for a good price and I'm perfectly happy with it. I'm actually adding the other two motor mounts soon.
Warning on the motor mounts. After they got busted during autocrosss, I replaced mine in the Si with Hasport's most extreme stiffness poly mounts. Every vibration from the engine is transmitted to the rest of the car. All kinds of intermittent buzzing. A constant rumble. It is never quiet again. I fixed a few of the worst buzzing locations, but really the whole car vibrates and generates sound. I've gotten used to it to some extent. I would choose the less extreme polyurethane if I did it again.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Warning on the motor mounts. After they got busted during autocrosss, I replaced mine in the Si with Hasport's most extreme stiffness poly mounts. Every vibration from the engine is transmitted to the rest of the car. All kinds of intermittent buzzing. A constant rumble. It is never quiet again. I fixed a few of the worst buzzing locations, but really the whole car vibrates and generates sound. I've gotten used to it to some extent. I would choose the less extreme polyurethane if I did it again.
Oh I picked 62A for everything! Race, Extreme Race, and Most Extreme Race didn't sound very comfortable to daily lol.
Sponsored